Climate Change Protests

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You'd be silly to believe that most of the people there are not in it for the attention... they all go back to their day to day lives afterwards and wait for the next viral issue to get up in arms about.. I know plenty of these types and what I have noticed is that they do 0 research, nor do they genuinely try to make a positive impact, rather they just share a few Facebook posts to fuel their egos.. quiz any of them and see how truly invested they are
I'm not interested in their motivation, really. They are drawing attention to an important issue. That's what matters.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you know that? Can you speak for everyone who was there? Smartphones and gadgets aren't the real problem, anyway, The problem isn't electricity and electronic devices, it is our chosen source of power and the industrial leaders who pollute on a large scale.
Lol brother read carefully what you said,smart phone gadgets and electricity aren't the problem?
But the industrial leaders who pollute on a large scale?
Who makes the smartphones and electricity?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are trying....more than can be said for the hand wringing snowflakes who criticise them.
You just don't get it do you? If there was nothing for the ego to gain from turning up to these events then there might be about 10 hippies show up

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not interested in their motivation, really. They are drawing attention to an important issue. That's what matters.
There has been endless coverage of climate change as an issue pretty much for the last 15 years. It's generally been shoved down the population's throats by corporates, media types and government, but the general population (in my opinion) has not been convinced.

That's why supporters of climate change have resorted to using children and mindless tactics like lying down on the road.

I think they realise that a decade or more of debate hasn't turned out in their favour and they're now getting extremely desperate.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are trying....more than can be said for the hand wringing snowflakes who criticise them.
Criticize or point out their hypocrisy They are playing the blame game when it's ourselves to blame all of us we created the supply and demand we wanted everything now out our finger tips. If people were not buying it it wouldn't be there

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
They've drawn all the attention to themselves.. they aren't doing shit
Tend to agree, all they are doing is showing the general public that the people who support climate change are entirely unreasonable, fringe activists.

I don't think that is the right message to be sending when you are trying to convince the population of Australia that they should support your side of the argument.

Why don't climate change supporters use scientists in an unemotional way to show that climate change is a problem that needs solving......

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol brother read carefully what you said,smart phone gadgets and electricity aren't the problem?
But the industrial leaders who pollute on a large scale?
Who makes the smartphones and electricity?
The industrial leaders doing most of the polluting are coal, oil and energy companies, not tech companies..... Yes, energy producers are a big problem, but the problem is not the use of electricity in itself, it is our dependence on coal and refusal to invest meaningfully in renewables.

https://b8f65cb373b1b7b15feb-c70d8e...inal/Carbon-Majors-Report-2017.pdf?1499691240

Take a look at pages 14 and 15

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that this is a good way to draw attention to the issue is off their fucking head.

Lets face it, everyone has heard the term "climate change" and had it shoved down their throats for years. Doing nothing but sit in the street while disrupting people achieves absolutely nothing, apart from pushing away every day Australians from your cause.

You want to help, then lead by example ffs. Get off your fancy phone, your computer, ipad, laptop etc, ride your pushy everywhere, no car trips, holidays requiring plane rides etc. Then try and come up with your own ideas on how to combat climate change.

Dont just sit in the middle of the street like a fucking bum and expect everyone else to fix it for you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There has been endless coverage of climate change as an issue pretty much for the last 15 years. It's generally been shoved down the population's throats by corporates, media types and government, but the general population (in my opinion) has not been convinced.

That's why supporters of climate change have resorted to using children and mindless tactics like lying down on the road.

I think they realise that a decade or more of debate hasn't turned out in their favour and they're now getting extremely desperate.
Over 99 percent of scientists agree there is a big problem.....Anyone who thinks these scientists are politically motivated and the politicians and industry leaders protecting their own interests are not, is a dumbass, quite frankly.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that this is a good way to draw attention to the issue is off their fucking head.

Lets face it, everyone has heard the term "climate change" and had it shoved down their throats for years. Doing nothing but sit in the street while disrupting people achieves absolutely nothing, apart from pushing away every day Australians from your cause.

You want to help, then lead by example ffs. Get off your fancy phone, your computer, ipad, laptop etc, ride your pushy everywhere, no car trips, holidays requiring plane rides etc. Then try and come up with your own ideas on how to combat climate change.

Dont just sit in the middle of the street like a fucking bum and expect everyone else to fix it for you.
People can do that if they like....it will count for SHIT without policy makers paving the way for meaningful change on a large scale.....it's about time people pulled their heads out of the sand and started focusing on the REAL problem.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if they genuinely gave a shit, they would be adjusting the way they live as well as trying to create real awareness... not grandstanding on social media while waiting for a special date to kick and scream to get themselves on camera

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They can draw attention off the streets and in Hyde Park without being fuckwits causing trouble.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they turn more people off their "cause" than inspire.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Over 99 percent of scientists agree there is a big problem.....Anyone who thinks these scientists are politically motivated and the politicians and industry leaders protecting their own interests are not, is a dumbass, quite frankly.
I agree there is a majority but the '97 percent and 99 percent' stats that always get trotted out are entirely incorrect.

My problem with this type of argument is that the climate change debate has turned a lot of scientists into 'paid propaganda' instead of unbiased and neutral scientists who constantly questions whether their conclusions support their hypothesis.

I'm not surprised a majority of scientists might say climate change is a big problem. If they were to say otherwise they would very quickly find they would have their government funding cut off.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
if they genuinely gave a shit, they would be adjusting the way they live as well as trying to create real awareness... not grandstanding on social media while waiting for a special date to kick and scream to get themselves on camera
I can remember more than few times over the last decade that I've been told:

If you don't stop burning coal/taking flights/don't introduce a carbon tax by 2010/2012/2013/2015/2019 then the world will blow up by 2020/2025/2030 bla bla bla

All these argument are full of shit and just trying to work everyone up into a frenzy so that people will blindly let these activists do whatever they want without question.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree there is a majority but the '97 percent and 99 percent' stats that always get trotted out are entirely incorrect.

My problem with this type of argument is that the climate change debate has turned a lot of scientists into 'paid propaganda' instead of unbiased and neutral scientists who constantly questions whether their conclusions support their hypothesis.

I'm not surprised a majority of scientists might say climate change is a big problem. If they were to say otherwise they would very quickly find they would have their government funding cut off.
What???? Funding cut off by the same Government which is in bed with coal companies and resists major change at every turn? Come on, dude....that makes no fucking sense :P

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They can draw attention off the streets and in Hyde Park without being fuckwits causing trouble.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they turn more people off their "cause" than inspire.
They've been doing that for years, though.....taking it onto the streets is a direct reaction to people's refusal to take notice. You may be right, but scientific consensus hasn't worked and nor have less invasive forms of protest.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah protesting isn't supposed to be convenient.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The industrial leaders doing most of the polluting are coal, oil and energy companies, not tech companies..... Yes, energy producers are a big problem, but the problem is not the use of electricity in itself, it is our dependence on coal and refusal to invest meaningfully in renewables.

https://b8f65cb373b1b7b15feb-c70d8e...inal/Carbon-Majors-Report-2017.pdf?1499691240

Take a look at pages 14 and 15
Dude?the problems arnt the tech companies, but our dependence on coal?
You do realize the plastics on phones computers, tablets kitchen appliances household items, power tools, car parts are made with oil and use coal?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People can do that if they like....it will count for SHIT without policy makers paving the way for meaningful change on a large scale.....it's about time people pulled their heads out of the sand and started focusing on the REAL problem.
So they are happy to reap the benefits of these 'evil' companies production but then complain about how it is received. ROFL, you cant make this stuff up.

What are they giving up to support their claims, or is it a case of "its someone else's problem to fix?" Calling on others to act is NOT action.

Give up everything you claim is bad otherwise stfu and take a seat.