The "R U OK ?" Thread

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I think stuff like that too..I worry about other people’s past..when I was not even around..I think why’d they do that? Even though I’ve done the same thing..I reek of double standards.. It’s just silly..and I know it..but my brain won’t stop..eventually i resolve it..

Bud I’m not a religious person..far from it.. but I reckon the serenity prayer nails it..it helps me ‘get over it’.. I’ve paraphrased it..so forgive me ..

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..change the things I cannot accept ..and have the wisdom to know the difference..

It’s central message is pretty wise ..somethings are just out of our control..so we gotta let it go..
Hey guys.
I know this concept well.

I made a commitment to myself to do 20 days straight of meditation. Even 5. Minutes per day. Guided meditation on headspace app.

I have been a searcher my whole life. Meditation is easily the best tool to cope with my thinking analysing anxiety and self doubt.

It’s not a cure. Just a tool.

I urge you - with an open mind and open heart to give it a go.
It may not work but it may.

The prayer idea is similar in effect but less sustained.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I know this concept well.

I made a commitment to myself to do 20 days straight of meditation. Even 5. Minutes per day. Guided meditation on headspace app.

I have been a searcher my whole life. Meditation is easily the best tool to cope with my thinking analysing anxiety and self doubt.

It’s not a cure. Just a tool.

I urge you - with an open mind and open heart to give it a go.
It may not work but it may.

The prayer idea is similar in effect but less sustained.
Oh yes I meditate daily, often twice a day. However, neither my brain nor my body are able to sit still for more than say 30 secs-1min. Deep breathing does help calm my thoughts and its helped me implement this in real life situations, so it's not a total waste of time. But I'll keep at it as I enjoy the peace and love it spreads.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a good one last night,for the past few months it's been near impossible to get to sleep before 2 or 3 am which itself is fucking me over,every time my body starts falling asleep I start getting weird shakes and palpatation then I go into fight or flight mode and I'm up again try to reset all over again, all part of anxiety .So I decided to go back on my meds. Side effect are nausea and dizziness ,when I get nausea I feel that fucked I usually faint. So laying in bed trying to sleep the nausea kicks in I make it to the sink drink water and throw cold water over me and get to my hands and knees the heads tingling ears ringing skin pickling but I ride the **** out for a few minutes ,
Came half decent then the anxiety decided it ain't finished I get these waves of hot and cold flushes that come on hard feels like really bad sun burn or freezing ice, it builds up to a point and gets really fucking intense .luckily I I've had this many times before so it doesn't trigger off more panic .
Up now and feel ok the fucking brain hey it's pretty spun out what it can do ......**** of a thing lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yes I meditate daily, often twice a day. However, neither my brain nor my body are able to sit still for more than say 30 secs-1min. Deep breathing does help calm my thoughts and its helped me implement this in real life situations, so it's not a total waste of time. But I'll keep at it as I enjoy the peace and love it spreads.
I am the same. I would love to try meditating but I can't sit still or shut my brain off. I am the worst overthinker, especially when my anxiety is in full effect. I also suffer from restless leg syndrome and I guess a nervous twitch where I can't stop tapping my feet. These mostly come into play along with my anxiety.

Banned
Reaction score
I am the same. I would love to try meditating but I can't sit still or shut my brain off. I am the worst overthinker, especially when my anxiety is in full effect. I also suffer from restless leg syndrome and I guess a nervous twitch where I can't stop tapping my feet. These mostly come into play along with my anxiety.
Try some relaxing music in the background and reduce the level of light.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone else over analyze peoples motives, agendas and behaviours? It fukks with my head big time trying to figure out "why did he/she do that certain thing or behave in that manner?"
I stew over this shit day and night and it bothers me that it bothers me lol.

I really do need to stop giving a shit about such insignificant things.
I'm like that only to a few people in my life because they are evil ***** and their cunty ways force me to analyze them.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Had a good one last night,for the past few months it's been near impossible to get to sleep before 2 or 3 am which itself is fucking me over,every time my body starts falling asleep I start getting weird shakes and palpatation then I go into fight or flight mode and I'm up again try to reset all over again, all part of anxiety .So I decided to go back on my meds. Side effect are nausea and dizziness ,when I get nausea I feel that fucked I usually faint. So laying in bed trying to sleep the nausea kicks in I make it to the sink drink water and throw cold water over me and get to my hands and knees the heads tingling ears ringing skin pickling but I ride the **** out for a few minutes ,
Came half decent then the anxiety decided it ain't finished I get these waves of hot and cold flushes that come on hard feels like really bad sun burn or freezing ice, it builds up to a point and gets really fucking intense .luckily I I've had this many times before so it doesn't trigger off more panic .
Up now and feel ok the fucking brain hey it's pretty spun out what it can do ......**** of a thing lol
I'm glad to hear you got yourself through it my bro.

The black dog we deal with is a **** of a dog. What's worse he fkn comes when you least suspect it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Again I ask,

What is the point to all of this?
Why am I here?
I can give you my view point, bit it's not for everyone.

Wouldn't surprise me if the world is hell and if you pass you get rewarded to go to heaven. If you be a good person in this hell hole, you deserve heaven.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I can give you my view point, bit it's not for everyone.

Wouldn't surprise me if the world is hell and if you pass you get rewarded to go to heaven. If you be a good person in this hell hole, you deserve heaven.
A Bosnian guy come to buy a shed from us last week.
He has had a few heart attacks.

He told my mum one of the heart attacks took him out.
Claims he went to the otherside, says its paradise but was told his time here isn't up yet.

You might know him? From Green valley and beginning to resent his wife because shes making him give up playing music!

Banned
Reaction score
Again I ask,

What is the point to all of this?
Why am I here?
Why not?
To enjoy life perhaps?

A Bosnian guy come to buy a shed from us last week.
He has had a few heart attacks.

He told my mum one of the heart attacks took him out.
Claims he went to the otherside, says its paradise but was told his time here isn't up yet.

You might know him? From Green valley and beginning to resent his wife because shes making him give up playing music!
My experience was black and cold.

Banned
Reaction score
What??? You died?? That is an awful experience
It was.
Kidney stone that got trapped in the tube between the kidney and bladder and went septic.
Had it for several weeks, thinking it was an injured abdominal muscle and toughed it out, until it floored me and had two ambulances )normal and intensive care unit) at my door to resuscitate me.
Apparently had to repeat it in surgery as well.
Nothing like waking up afterwards, high on morpheine, with a tube hanging out of your old fella and being told you're lucky to be here!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was.
Kidney stone that got trapped in the tube between the kidney and bladder and went septic.
Had it for several weeks, thinking it was an injured abdominal muscle and toughed it out, until it floored me and had two ambulances )normal and intensive care unit) at my door to resuscitate me.
Apparently had to repeat it in surgery as well.
Nothing like waking up afterwards, high on morpheine, with a tube hanging out of your old fella and being told you're lucky to be here!
Fuckin hell

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, fun times :P
Consequently, I don't believe in an afterlife, yet by all means accept others belief that there is for them.
I mainly go with Bill Maher’s philosophy of I don’t know?

I don’t really like Bill these days, that half Jew Irish moron has a bad case of hemorrhoids since Trump is president.

He’s only pissed off mainly because Trump sued him and won.
Maher said that Trumps mother is an orange haired orangutan.

If I was mega rich and influential and you dissed my mother, I’d sue you for every cent also!