TripleM Hooper Say's Latrell Still Bulldogs Man

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listening to Triple M yesterday & James Hooper still believes amid all the denials that Latrell Mitchell is still the Bulldogs number 1 target and will go hard for him after November 1st.
He had a generally quite game last night, but did come up with the match winning flick pass to put Topou away down the flank to send Teddy over for the match winner.

I'm still not sure if I can justify paying a million bucks for a centre, unless perhaps in their minds they see him as a fullback. Interestingly, DWZ is also off contract from November 1st & is yet to re commit. Also haven't heard if they have offered DWZ a new deal yet.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather keep dwz. More of a team player with the right attitude.

Latrell has all the ability but his mental state/capacity seems to hold him back.

Go for Joey Manu, he and dwz can both capably play centre and fullback with great skill

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Play him Centre. Potential Fullback down the line tho (I don't want to lose DWZ atm). Latrell is worth 700k (also in DT article). We're going to have to overpay to get the best players in any position. We also need a goal kicker (Meaney isn't a long term Winger option, IMO) and it doesn't look like anyone in our current 17 is comfortable kicking a field goal either so there is some extra value in that. If we didn't need a goal kicker or someone that can kick field goals I'd be really happy with Manu as an alternative tho, but Latrell has always been #1 target I've thought we should go for.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you have a link btw?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is worth the money, only thing stopping him is his love for the game, seems as if he doesn't like all the pressures that come with being a superstar. He will get you around 15-18 tries a year from the edge, long range kicker and the ability to create something from nothing, could help entice other big name players to come over too.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is worth the money, only thing stopping him is his love for the game, seems as if he doesn't like all the pressures that come with being a superstar. He will get you around 15-18 tries a year from the edge, long range kicker and the ability to create something from nothing, could help entice other big name players to come over too.
Totally agree .x factor and dynamic game changer. Will only get better you would imagine.a mill for him or a mill for foran?,moneys better spent on latrell.
Inglis type of player who can kick goals and in play.
Only can hope.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Worth it till 30 :tearsofjoy:

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The bald headed **** Hooper along with Latrell, Cummins, Greenturd, Beattie and the Sutton bros. can all go and fuck themselves

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep dwz at fb he is definitely the type of centre we need and dont have we will have to pay overs but we dont have many x factors so hes what we need

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would be a terrible signing at the reported $$$

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do Nov 1 signings go down on the day like the NBA?

I can't remember the last time we were in the market for high profile NOV 1 free agents.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To quote captain o'hagan from super troopers:

I'll believe this when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bald headed **** Hooper along with Latrell, Cummins, Greenturd, Beattie and the Sutton bros. can all go and fuck themselves
They more than likely do, every week after a night of playing twister

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You know ever since this rumour started it has made me watch him more than I was. Now don't get me wrong IF we sign him then ok but if I was asked for an honest appraisal of him I would say skip him. From what I can tell his involvement rate in games as a made up percentage I would say varies from 2% to 20% tops. Now I fully concede that his 20% can win a game and does. The bloke was in a GF yesterday and it looked like he couldn't be bothered. For me I think he isn't what we need and does not do enough to warrant that million dollar asking price touted. Unless he was to sign some form of involvement clause in his contract or place him in a position that he can't sleep in then he is just a pretty lazy player who is very mentally weak. I wouldn't sacrifice DWZ for him that's for sure.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know ever since this rumour started it has made me watch him more than I was. Now don't get me wrong IF we sign him then ok but if I was asked for an honest appraisal of him I would say skip him. From what I can tell his involvement rate in games as a made up percentage I would say varies from 2% to 20% tops. Now I fully concede that his 20% can win a game and does. The bloke was in a GF yesterday and it looked like he couldn't be bothered. For me I think he isn't what we need and does not do enough to warrant that million dollar asking price touted. Unless he was to sign some form of involvement clause in his contract or place him in a position that he can't sleep in then he is just a pretty lazy player who is very mentally weak. I wouldn't sacrifice DWZ for him that's for sure.
Great post, if he does not have the commitment that Inglis did, while playing for the rotters, he will be even less committed when playing for us while counting those millions.
I just hope that our current Admin don't make the same mistake as the previous board did in signing Woods and the part timer Foran to save their arse's.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What is left to achieve for him. After such a successful few years what would coming to a team in a rebuild do for him. If uncle Nick wants to keep him we won't be able to get him, simple as that. Just can't see it happening, money can be better spent elsewhere.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is left to achieve for him. After such a successful few years what would coming to a team in a rebuild do for him. If uncle Nick wants to keep him we won't be able to get him, simple as that. Just can't see it happening, money can be better spent elsewhere.
I get the feeling he doesn’t feel the love at the roosters and the spirit our club is building shouldn’t be underestimated

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you answered your own question. He’s achieved all he can, it’s time to be challenged. It’s time to build a culture, build towards a team where you are the key man.

I’d love that.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When the rumour originally came out he was made to look like a mercenary by the media as if only the Rorters are allowed to do so,
The pressure got the best out of him SOO
Do you remember the medias bashing, and his exclusion from second SOO
Is it only a coincident or is it UNCLE NICK channelling the pressure on him through his friends in the media ???