News First marijuana, now talks of ecstasy!

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...try-to-legalise-ecstasy-are-we-going-too-far?

ACT appears to be leading the way with discussion upon regulating via legalising recreational use of ecstasy.
First they legalise recreational marijuana, now this.
Some decent points made in the article, yet one they've missed, is tax revenue potential.
Recent studies also suggest medical benefit in some instances.
Regulation will also reduce black market viability and lacing it with all kinds of shit, like ice!

Wonder how others here feel about this.
Is Australia ready to take the plunge and follow the route of Portugal?
Are their surprisingly positive results from legalising all recreational drugs enough justification alone?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont agree with legalising any drugs. This smells like a Green's suggestion.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...try-to-legalise-ecstasy-are-we-going-too-far?

ACT appears to be leading the way with discussion upon regulating via legalising recreational use of ecstasy.
Some decent points made in the article, yet one they've missed, is tax revenue potential.
Regulation will also reduce black market viability and lacing it with all kinds of shit, like ice!

Are their surprisingly positive results from legalising all recreational drugs enough justification alone?
Marijauna for sure ,our two wheeled friends have been lacing it with ice for ages .

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Define drugs?

Alcohol is ok?
Why?

Cigarettes?

It is an arbitrary line.
Let people choose. They do anyway.

By legalising you control quality and you educate people too. Just like smoking.

Not legalising is just burying your head in the sand while dealers peddle dangerous shit and junkies die alone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Define drugs?

Alcohol is ok?
Why?

Cigarettes?

It is an arbitrary line.
Let people choose. They do anyway.

By legalising you control quality and you educate people too. Just like smoking.

Not legalising is just burying your head in the sand while dealers peddle dangerous shit and junkies die alone.
Lol I'm dying to see his reply to this.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Alcohol is a drug.
But I don't agree with legalising ecstasy either.

You don't need drugs and alcohol to have a good time.
Thsts all just Hollywood stereotypical bullshit!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
No it doesn't.
Alcohol is a shit drug.
It isn't medicine for anxiety and depression.
It actually makes anxiety and depression worse!

Last time I drank alcohol I had an awakening and realised how shit it really is.

Nothing worse than feeling happy and sad at the same time!
Fuck alcohol!
Crud drug! Hate it with a passion!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Not a bad idea. Marijuana and Ecstacy are non-violent drugs. They both have a calming effect on the person so they're already ahead of alcohol which is already legal.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Marijuana and Ecstacy are non-violent drugs. They both have a calming effect on the person so they're already ahead of alcohol which is already legal.
Pretty sure it's been used in trials for treatment of PTSD, Social anxiety, etc. Don't remember reading anymore about it since I heard about it last year though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's been used in trials for treatment of PTSD, Social anxiety, etc. Don't remember reading anymore about it since I heard about it last year though.
Yep. And psychedelics have been used in trials to treat schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. And they've been found to be very effective.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. And psychedelics have been used in trials to treat schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. And they've been found to be very effective.
Where are all these trials and how do I sign up? :tearsofjoy:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can just see it now... V and Mother infused with XTC

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
First you have to present as craycray...
I could be eligible for medicinal ecstasy?

Fuck that though.
I took ecstasy for the first time at 28 (instead of 17 like most others).

I remember standing on a sandstone rock thinking there was a dangerous drop where I'd fall and hurt myself?

After 15 minutes the effects started to wear off, i finally mustered up the courage to stick one foot down and followed with the other foot.

I then had a chuckle to myself and said hang on a minute, thats not a long way down, I'm just tall.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could be eligible for medicinal ecstasy?

Fuck that though.
I took ecstasy for the first time at 28 (instead of 17 like most others).

I remember standing on a sandstone rock thinking there was a dangerous drop where I'd fall and hurt myself?

After 15 minutes the effects started to wear off, i finally mustered up the courage to stick one foot down and followed with the other foot.

I then had a chuckle to myself and said hang on a minute, thats not a long way down, I'm just tall.

I don't think that was xtc my friend

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno?
I've taken shit that would drop an elephant and still live to tell the tale.

What is in those green 4 leaf clovers then?

I have heard of those but I do find it strange for it to only last 15 minutes when they generally last at least a couple of hours

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I have heard of those but I do find it strange for it to only last 15 minutes when they generally last at least a couple of hours
It lasted a few hours but the main effects last the first 15 minutes.

No good to mix alcohol with it.
Made me go schitzo.
Spent hours convincing myself what an ice junky dog the guy was who fed it to me, also a thief.
I was going to go kick his door in and rip his families shit because of what a dog this guy is.

Thankfully I smoked a few bongs,the sun came up, I snapped out of it and returned to normal!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It lasted a few hours but the main effects last the first 15 minutes.

No good to mix alcohol with it.
Made me go schitzo.
Spent hours convincing myself what an ice junky dog the guy was who fed it to me, also a thief.
I was going to go kick his door in and rip his families shit because of what a dog this guy is.

Thankfully I smoked a few bongs,the sun came up, I snapped out of it and returned to normal!

ah k, I'm with you now. lol that is hilarious... most people just want to hug everybody to death :tearsofjoy: you went full Matt Lodge