News Bulldogs unlikely to bite back until 2021 as Pay muzzles expectations

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke is dead set a plonker.
He got rid of the three or four quality players he is moaning about!
This is a make of his own design.
Now no one wants to come.
The board and CEO are no better by still

backing this moron of a coach and not taking control of the narrative.

Bla Bla we are shit until maybe 2021 and perhaps we will be less shit.
Is being shit for 5 years Bulldogs DNA, great plan Lynn and Co!
Is that You james Hooper?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
HAHAHA That is up there with one of the funniest lines I have heard all year. Trying too hard?? Pleeease...
Bonkers ...with support from our Board *smh*

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA That is up there with one of the funniest lines I have heard all year. Trying too hard?? Pleeease...
I think what he meant to say was that Napa is probably a try-hard.

Banned
Reaction score
Pure speculation there mate.
Point I’m making is Pay is contracted till 2020
So get over it, accept it and stop sooking about something that ain’t going to change
We're the CB Spinless Bulldogs.
Contracts mean fuck all around here, just do what you will to us, we've no morale, so it doesn't matter!

Banned
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Nasheed To Nasheed say Nasheed your Nasheed team Nasheed can’t Nasheed realistically Nasheed compete Nasheed for Nasheed finals Nasheed next Nasheed year Nasheed is Nasheed a Nasheed stunning Nasheed thing Nasheed for Nasheed a Nasheed coach Nasheed to Nasheed say Nasheed.Nasheed

-Nasheed.
FTFY :grinning:

Oh wait...

Go Nasheed Dogs

Banned
Reaction score
Never thought I'd call Pay a plodder, yet what else can you liken his coaching style too?
He's literally just plodding along, hoping for the best!

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, how embarrassing would it be for Dean Pay if the dogs actually won the grand final and world club challenge next year. He should just quit....

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No surprises here, may as well have a threads titled :
Roosters to cheat cap again in 2021
Souths to get preferential treatment in 2021
Knights will make the 4 in 2021
Cameron smith to play his 450 th

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd call Pay a plodder, yet what else can you liken his coaching style too?
He's literally just plodding along, hoping for the best!
He is doing better than a lot of other coaches would have with the inexperience in the roster.... how many spoons did the Knights get during their low period? they still can't even make the 8 with the squad they have now and finished on equal points with us.. the addition of Dallin just proves to me that we were just a couple of experienced players in the spine off from playing finals... if we start next year with the spine we ended the season with, I have no doubt in my mind we are top 8 next year and on the rise

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is classic lowering expectations so he looks good if they do well

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In hindsight, the team did a lot better after this article than before.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think hes likely to keep expectations in check. Keep them grounded and no getting ahead of themselves. Moreso with such a young side. A good example of not keeping expectations in check was "2 premierships by 2019", remember that? Also easier to beat expectations if they arent too high.

If he was saying we would be top 4 next year now, and we finish 5th, he hasnt met expectations, but if he says we wont be a force for a few years, and we get 5th next year, he has exceeded expectations.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think hes likely to keep expectations in check. Keep them grounded and no getting ahead of themselves. Moreso with such a young side. A good example of not keeping expectations in check was "2 premierships by 2019", remember that? Also easier to beat expectations if they arent too high.

If he was saying we would be top 4 next year now, and we finish 5th, he hasnt met expectations, but if he says we wont be a force for a few years, and we get 5th next year, he has exceeded expectations.
It’s poor attitude

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s poor attitude
Attitude was pretty good the last 6 weeks of the year.

No reason this time around we cant maintain our late season form and/or get better. And we beat sides in the late season this year who needed to win to make the 8 or 4. So they werent sides who had given up for the year. So good wins.

The other difference to last year, which we almost finished as well as this year, is we wont be losing hundreds of games of experience all at once this year, where last year we lost both Mozzes and Klemmer at the end of it. Less adjusting to do and experimentation needed at the start of next year, compared to this one.

Banned
Reaction score
At what point do we degenerate to accepting turning up to a match with a full side is an accomplishment beyond expectations?
There is such a thing as setting the bar too low.