Who do you expect the board to sign for 20/21 to be returned ?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The $ is whatever really, we just have to pay him whatever it takes to get him here. I'll be honest 500k is a stab in the dark regarding the amount (more so then other times that I give an amount) but he's Smith's "replacement" and I think he has the same, if not more, hype then Ponga. A lot of people questioned the Knights for offering that sort of money, we're in the same boat. We gave Lichaa a 300k contract when we 1st signed him and the Knights gave Ponga 600k, he's in the middle somewhere brother. Again you fail to contribute to anything I post and just go off topic suggesting me being a recruitment manger because you don't know what to say.
That’s crap. The same if not more hype than Ponga? If you’re willing to pay a bloke you’ve seen play for 10 minutes “whatever it takes to get him here” I’m glad you’re not a recruitment manager

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem with those that are stupid and/or insane, are they generally don't realise it!
My condolences

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s crap. The same if not more hype than Ponga? If you’re willing to pay a bloke you’ve seen play for 10 minutes “whatever it takes to get him here” I’m glad you’re not a recruitment manager
If you were the recruitment manager we'd have the same 1-17 :tongueclosed:
I've seen Grant play 10 minutes in the NRL. I've heard more of Harry Grant before getting a 1st team position then I did with Ponga.
Obviously we wouldn't pay him 1m so you're taking that out of context a bit. I forgot I need to be very specific with you. Everyone (almost) has a price so pay him whatever it takes unless it's something ridiculous. 500k isn't ridiculous. All I need to say is we signed Lichaa for 300k (also 5 years ago, the market is more "inflated" now) and Ponga signed with the Knights for 600k. Grant is inbetween that and it isn't debatable. Give me something why what you say isn't crap.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you were the recruitment manager we'd have the same 1-17 :tongueclosed:
I've seen Grant play 10 minutes in the NRL. I've heard more of Harry Grant before getting a 1st team position then I did with Ponga.
Obviously we wouldn't pay him 1m so you're taking that out of context a bit. I forgot I need to be very specific with you. Everyone (almost) has a price so pay him whatever it takes unless it's something ridiculous. 500k isn't ridiculous. All I need to say is we signed Lichaa for 300k (also 5 years ago, the market is more "inflated" now) and Ponga signed with the Knights for 600k. Grant is inbetween that and it isn't debatable. Give me something why what you say isn't crap.
How did we go with Lichaa?
Ponga is a game changer and one of the most hyped juniors I’ve ever seen.
I wouldn’t have the same 17, I just wouldn’t throw crazy money at untested kids when we aren’t in a good position with the salary cap and are finally recovering from poor salary cap management. If Grant turns out to be the next Cameron smith that’s great. I guess I’ve just been around the game long enough to know how many of these hyped up young guys who haven’t really been tested go. Heard of Karl Filiga?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How did we go with Lichaa?
Ponga is a game changer and one of the most hyped juniors I’ve ever seen.
I wouldn’t have the same 17, I just wouldn’t throw crazy money at untested kids when we aren’t in a good position with the salary cap and are finally recovering from poor salary cap management. If Grant turns out to be the next Cameron smith that’s great. I guess I’ve just been around the game long enough to know how many of these hyped up young guys who haven’t really been tested go. Heard of Karl Filiga?
That's hindsight. Lichaa didn't work out, but Ponga did. That's the risk you take. No one knew that Ponga was going to be as good as he is and Knights cop'd a lot of critisim regarding the price they paid for Ponga... we have 3 options regarding recruitment. 1: waiting for a perfect scenario where we get a decent/average player for value (Koroisau, Ramien mould) - btw we've already been trying to do this for 2 years, 2: overpay on the best players in said position (Latrell, Manu mould) or potential (Grant mould), 3: offer lower level players an opportunity they can't get at another club (Stimson, Brittian mould). There are no other options AND we have cap space to spend so it's obvious we're going to use method 2 to speed up the rebuilding process (exactly like the Knights did).

Last edited:

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bite the bullet target money bill as much as I'm against the idea it would do us good,
We have a very good nucleus of a squad that will be very competitive next year
JMK 1 more year in will be a gun
Lewis will be either make or break
Remis smith will either find his feet again or be dropped next year
Okunbor, will hopefully be given the chance to develop in to a 2nd rower
Meanie will sink or swim

Meanwhile the likes of foran will be focused on staying on the park, hopefully that happens.

We need to find a spot for the other half (name eludes me ), but wasting a bench spot by playing zero minutes

The new recruits will hopefully take ownership of their game

Money bill will bring the experience and X factor into our edges and hopefully our 2nd row youngens can pick up a few tricks of their own

We can create our own superstars instead of buying them every year
These young guys have 10 years of footy left in the, the sooner we kick start them to their full potential the quicker we have success ... and not just for 1 year, but we will be a top 8 side every year for the next 10 years, like we used to be Pre Dez (wanker)

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's hindsight. Lichaa didn't work out, but Ponga did. That's the risk you take. No one knew that Ponga was going to be as good as he is and Knights cop'd a lot of critisim regarding the price they paid for Ponga... we have 3 options regarding recruitment. 1: waiting for a perfect scenario where we get a decent/average player for value (Koroisau, Ramien mould) - btw we've already been trying to do this for 2 years, 2: overpay on the best players in said position (Latrell, Manu mould) or potential (Grant mould), 3: offer lower level players an opportunity they can't get at another club (Stimson, Brittian mould). There are no other options AND we have cap space to spend so it's obvious we're going to use method 2 to speed up the rebuilding process (exactly like the Knights did).
Exactly the Knights certainly did go for your 2nd option and bought up big, but sorry to say they failed to make the 8, and finished about the same as us on the table.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guys played very well for most of the last season. With that experience, and a positive pre-season, they should be even better.
The main reason for the improvement was the leadership of Foran. If he stays fit, we will compete against any side.
I would like to see Luke Thompson and Curtis Scott added.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love it when your cronies demonstrate why your line of rationale is inept.
Ever been to an actual match?
Note the fans bag out the opposition and the refs?
Note they're indiscriminate in doing so?

Yeah, try another self entitled soapbox buddy, this one's worn out!
Been a Category 1 season member for 9 years. But go on ...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The thing is, these are in your dreams. If you listened to the people that know, we aren’t in a position to do that and actually haven’t been trying to do that for 2 years. Pinch yourself and wake up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The thing is, these are in your dreams. If you listened to the people that know, we aren’t in a position to do that and actually haven’t been trying to do that for 2 years. Pinch yourself and wake up
This is why I don't listen to you.

Reactions: 086

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is why I don't listen to you.
It’s such a shame as you’d be so much more credible and have less people laughing at you

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly the Knights certainly did go for your 2nd option and bought up big, but sorry to say they failed to make the 8, and finished about the same as us on the table.
Knights are rubbish and Ponga is overrated... games aren't won by pretty highlight reels alone.... sorry had to blow in here, fkn hate the Knights and how smug they acted over that asshole Klemmer

Last edited: