Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
PLOT ARMOUR BABY!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never in doubt. They really know how to make games interesting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't sleep after that, guess I'm having breakfast now :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp steps up, makes the big decisions, and is right. Again.

Thought both Lovren and Milner played very well, and I think it was really ruthless of Klopp to drop Gomez & Hendo after that Salzburg performance. But he did. And he was right. Credit to him.

Massive win for the boys. Massive win. Should've easily have been over when Leister scored theirs as we really had so many chances to put them to bed. The character amongst these lads. The guts.

My biggest gripe in the past starting with the 'Spice Boy' generation is that we just had no real fight. Give up too easily. Fuck we're really turning it up these days.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And Milner with the goal and assist, was worried for nothing haha.
Will be a game we look back on as a key one.

Last year we drew to Leister at home. Drew to Chelsea away. Both we've won this year. Huge point today. Huge point against Chelsea. Roll on boys. Roll on.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salah shit me tonight he should have been dragged not Bobby,
Hope he isn't injured badly and is back after the break

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Salah shit me tonight he should have been dragged not Bobby,
Hope he isn't injured badly and is back after the break
How he missed that one-on-one is beyond me! Glad he won't be leaving Liverpool during the break

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched that game back again and think it's interesting. This year we've definitely, imo, changed our approach to attack with our fullbacks playing up much higher. What that means is in transititions we're more exposed, or have the potential to be more exposed.

We didn't do that last year as we didn't really have a DM that was capable of doing it from the beginning of the year, and when Fabinho came to the fore it was too late to change our approach. So now with Fabinho playing so well those fullback are bombing forward more. Great.

But what I think that means is that in big games, as we've seen, it's not possible to play more attach minded mids like OX or Kieta as of yet because they wouldn't offer that same protection as the more defence minded Gini and Heno/Milner. Hopefully with a run of games Kieta will be able to play more alongside Fabinho, but I don't see it happening till much later if not next year unfortunately.

Just my take on it and why Hendo/Milner will always be playing those big games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Watched that game back again and think it's interesting. This year we've definitely, imo, changed our approach to attack with our fullbacks playing up much higher. What that means is in transititions we're more exposed, or have the potential to be more exposed.

We didn't do that last year as we didn't really have a DM that was capable of doing it from the beginning of the year, and when Fabinho came to the fore it was too late to change our approach. So now with Fabinho playing so well those fullback are bombing forward more. Great.

But what I think that means is that in big games, as we've seen, it's not possible to play more attach minded mids like OX or Kieta as of yet because they wouldn't offer that same protection as the more defence minded Gini and Heno/Milner. Hopefully with a run of games Kieta will be able to play more alongside Fabinho, but I don't see it happening till much later if not next year unfortunately.

Just my take on it and why Hendo/Milner will always be playing those big games.
We've also been playing with a much higher line and trusting our defenders in more 1 on 1 situations. We've also caught teams offside loads of times and are leading that stat.

You know why Klopp tweaked our front 3 last night?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Does this mean Mbappé is a done deal?!

IMG_20191006_114932.jpg