Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best start to the season in 29 years .
And I loved Klopp’s post match presser comments that he would happily take 8 consecutive 1-0 wins over one 8-0 win.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a stupid performance haha.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They were trolling us fans. 3-0 up, switch off 3-3 and then get the 4th .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Win's a win but few disappointing displays there today. Gomez ... Hendo ...

Onwards and upwards tho!

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Win's a win but few disappointing displays there today. Gomez ... Hendo ...

Onwards and upwards tho!
Just don't understand Klopp's fascination with Henderson. He is a bench player at best. For every good game he has he has about 5 where he does jack shit!! Needs to give Keita a sustained run in the starting side

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just don't understand Klopp's fascination with Henderson. He is a bench player at best. For every good game he has he has about 5 where he does jack shit!! Needs to give Keita a sustained run in the starting side
Well, Kieta getting a sustained run in the side is up to him staying fit. Was off the pace last year for chunks of it, and looking at our results you can't really argue that the decision to have Hendo there over him was the right one. Just as Kieta was starting to find his stride he got injured so ... Also would argue that they play different roles in the team but that's for a different discussion ...

Hendo a bench player at best? Look, I get the knockers of Hendo as I really thought as soon as we'd signed Kieta and Fabinho in the same window plus were looking to wrap up the signing of Fekir that Hendo would be out the door. Wouldn't have been upset by it if I'm honest, but at the same time would've missed him.

However, I think people hold on too much to the past when looking at him as player and don't give him enough credit. There are times when his passing is Gerrard like where he'd ping impossible balls with outstanding vision. Has a great engine, determination etc. Most importantly he fits our system. He helps the team win. Against Barca last year ... I thought he was instrumental in that win though I guess we could say that about every player.

Bench player at best? You're having a laugh mate if I'm honest. Wasn't great last night but he's been a key player in our team for some time and only started getting the credit he deserves last year because of the results we were getting. We won.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Iv been a hendo hater for a while but hes really improved since hes been moved out of the holding mid role

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we see the return of the defensive wall tonight?? Conceding way too easily this season, I know we don’t have Boom Boom Becker in goals, still...

Be thrilled with a 1-0 result!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we see the return of the defensive wall tonight?? Conceding way too easily this season, I know we don’t have Boom Boom Becker in goals, still...

Danger game, we need to be at our best, Rodgers has got Leicester firing.... a win will be a massive boost for title hopes! Let's go Liverpool YNWA....

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest test of the year so far, our last 4 performances have been ordinary at best, need to be on tonight.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Feeling uneasy about tonights game :(

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Have to agree with you on this one. Extremely worrying our defensive performances of late, and being without Matip again is a concern. Gotta perform stronger in defence, seems like we're going back to 2017/18 where we just all out attacked. Need to show more maturity.

Expecting big things from Gomez this game. Was all over the shop against Salzburg

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lovren and Milner starting over Gomez and Hendo. Ox injured again...Elliott bench hype though!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okay i'm even more uneasy than before, don't like these changes at all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's lovren isn't it
Yup. Milner also added to the midfield is meh, not that Hendo was killing it. Really needed one of Ox or Keita to be fit and starting.