Movie Discussion

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Other than Realist?

Gay blokes. I was suggesting he may like the penis.
I summed up a while ago the difference between a straight man and a gay man.

A gay man loves women and can't stand pussy.
A straight man can't stand women but loves pussy!

This phrase is reserved and copyrights are mine!
Anyone I catch using this in a stand up act ill sue you!

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be terrible but I'm still looking forward to it

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be terrible but I'm still looking forward to it

I like Margot Robbie and I like Harley Quinn but I think you may be right, it does look terrible and it's hard to make any sense from the trailer apart from she broke up with Joker.

Still, it's gotta be better than the new Batwoman.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
CBF doing a review right now as I got a cold and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck, but watched The Mask yesterday and Ghostbusters today.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Here we go then:

The Mask

upload_2019-10-4_7-25-44.jpeg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110475/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Bank clerk Stanley Ipkiss is transformed into a manic superhero when he wears a mysterious mask.

Deadset one of the greatest unique comedies of the 90s. This movie has it all. Can't get enough of it or how awesome having a pet dog like Milo would be. Let's not forget just how off the hook Cameron Diaz was in this movie as well.

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ghostbusters

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2

Three former parapsychology professors set up shop as a unique ghost removal service.

Deadset if you haven't seen this movie, go get yourself a childhood. One of my favorite movies watching growing up. It's probably the first time in 25 years I've watched (I watched 2 lot more), and when you realise how much stuff you missed, it makes you think. Awesome movie... the original and the best.

8/10.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talking of a killer tyre I seen this trailer the other day about a killer sofa, yes a god damn killer sofa!!

Lol.. It's not the funny part that people come up with this stuff but that they actually get the people on board and the resources to produce it

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit, I've actually never heard of this one. Is this movie one of the ones that's so bad, it's good?
I haven't seen it.. I just saw somebody mention Sharknado and it came to mind haha

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - finally.

Bering into Tarantino films helps. There are a few of those sequences that go on forever, like Brad Pitt driving home for 5 minutes, or Brad Pitt walking along a road for about 3 minutes, and so it does lead to a longish film (about 2 3/4 hours). The ending is actually brilliant, especially if you know a bit about what happened to the real Sharon Tate and the whole Manson family thing.

Pitt and di Caprio have some real chemistry on stage together. You can really picture them as buddies.

8.5/10.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well i saw the new film Joker today..i don’t want to say too much..as I think it’s best to go into it with as little as much knowledge as you can..that’s what I did and I’m glad I did..because I wanted to experience it without the voice of a reviewer telling me what to look out for echoing in my head. But I’ll tell you this you are in for an intense experience..the film is not a comic book movie.. It is a grim character study..in which it’s star Joaquin Phoenix shines.. It is a performance that carries the film..and although his decimated body..he lost a tremendous amount weight for the role..apparently only eating apples..seems frail..he does a mighty job carrying it..and as such the film benefits from his commitment as we follow the arc of his character.. A character..Arthur Fleck..a product of society torn apart by those who have and those who don’t..a society in decay in its own selfishness..

Ultimately the film experience I’m sure will stay with me for days..the story..the performances..had so many levels to think about.. So I encourage people to see it..I won’t give it a rating out of ten because it can’t be defined by a number.. Joker is a fascinating movie..that highlights the superb acting skills of Phoenix..and it also highlights the ability of movies to take us places that makes us uncomfortable, but leaves us thankful for taking the journey.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well i saw the new film Joker today..i don’t want to say too much..as I think it’s best to go into it with as little as much knowledge as you can..that’s what I did and I’m glad I did..because I wanted to experience it without the voice of a reviewer telling me what to look out for echoing in my head. But I’ll tell you this you are in for an intense experience..the film is not a comic book movie.. It is a grim character study..in which it’s star Joaquin Phoenix shines.. It is a performance that carries the film..and although his decimated body..he lost a tremendous amount weight for the role..apparently only eating apples..seems frail..he does a mighty job carrying it..and as such the film benefits from his commitment as we follow the arc of his character.. A character..Arthur Fleck..a product of society torn apart by those who have and those who don’t..a society in decay in its own selfishness..

Ultimately the film experience I’m sure will stay with me for days..the story..the performances..had so many levels to think about.. So I encourage people to see it..I won’t give it a rating out of ten because it can’t be defined by a number.. Joker is a fascinating movie..that highlights the superb acting skills of Phoenix..and it also highlights the ability of movies to take us places that makes us uncomfortable, but leaves us thankful for taking the journey.
Hoping to see it next week if I get time. I have kind of skimmed reviews deliberately avoiding taking too much in but I've noticed that most sites are rating it as a masterpiece while some left wing journos are rating it as the worst movie ever made. I really think it's a movie I'll enjoy.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoping to see it next week if I get time. I have kind of skimmed reviews deliberately avoiding taking too much in but I've noticed that most sites are rating it as a masterpiece while some left wing journos are rating it as the worst movie ever made. I really think it's a movie I'll enjoy.
You will Hacky..it’s worth it..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here we go then:

The Mask

View attachment 11508

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110475/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Bank clerk Stanley Ipkiss is transformed into a manic superhero when he wears a mysterious mask.

Deadset one of the greatest unique comedies of the 90s. This movie has it all. Can't get enough of it or how awesome having a pet dog like Milo would be. Let's not forget just how off the hook Cameron Diaz was in this movie as well.

8/10
Back when Jim Carey just focused on acting and not bullshitism

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

As a white man did you walk out of the theatre wanting to kill people with justifying your actions with the movie? According to leading leftist outlets. This is what will happen. Much like them thinking video games is bad like having white phosphorus lol. According to the left games where you can massacre people won’t have an impact on mental health, but games that have white “generic” characters create evil Nazis and are bad lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As a white man did you walk out of the theatre wanting to kill people with justifying your actions with the movie? According to leading leftist outlets. This is what will happen. Much like them thinking video games is bad like having white phosphorus lol. According to the left games where you can massacre people won’t have an impact on mental health, but games that have white “generic” characters create evil Nazis and are bad lol.
Lol..I’d love to walk out of any movie!!

Honestly I left thinking society needs to do more for mental health.. As help truly has decayed..mental institutions being closed down to have their land sold for governments to keep a surplus.. It also left me thinking how selfish the world has become..But it didn’t make me want to go out and kill people because I feel oppressed.. If anything I felt the opposite..thinking it’d be better if we are more kind to each other..and listen to each other..so we won’t see characters like Arthur Fleck go so far..

So I don’t know what Lefties are talking about..just something to whine about..seeing only negatives while ignoring the positives..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Honestly I left thinking society needs to do more for mental health.. As help truly has decayed..mental institutions being closed down to have their land sold for governments to keep a surplus.. It also left me thinking how selfish the world has become..But it didn’t make me want to go out and kill people because I feel oppressed.. If anything I felt the opposite..thinking it’d be better if we are more kind to each other..and listen to each other..so we won’t see characters like Arthur Fleck go so far..

So I don’t know what Lefties are talking about..just something to whine about..seeing only negatives while ignoring the positives..
I think you’re right about mental health. That’s why I think telling people that chopping your genitals off to change the cosmetic look isn’t helping anyone’s mental health but worsening that individuals mental health along with societies.
Also msm need to stop callling every attack a mental health one to avoid certain terminologies. I think we spoke about this before because it’s a massive insult to people dealing with actual mental health issues.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Agreed. His performance was harrowing, I didn't leave wanting to ignite a riot but I left sad, sympathetic.