Is one person's luxury another person's mediocre?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the long weekend before us, plenty people might be looking for some luxury to relax, enjoy the grand final and spend time with their family

But is one person's luxury another person's mediocre?

All the cheap sausages that will be purchased from Woolworths this weekend along with the cheap beer and no frills bread and small prawns. Some people think they are lapping it up, thinking does it get any better.

Whilst others might wince at that arrangement and think it's mediocre. They may prefer to getaway for the weekend, get a 5 star hotel and eat in a nice restaurant, bubbling away in the spa.

Whilst others might consider this mediocre and instead prefer to fly out of the country and indulge in another culture.

It happens everywhere, someone who buys a top of the line Hyundai with leather interior thinks they have hit the big time and lapping it up. But the Mercedes driver in his luxury car scoffs at the tuna tin Hyundai and adjusts his seat warmers in the Mercedes.

Someone who is flashing around their Casio watch thinks they are at the forefront of fashion where the Rolex wearer wouldn't shit in the same toilet as the Casio wearer.

What have you seen where people think they are living in luxury but you have a good chuckle as it's really mediocre?

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the long weekend before us, plenty people might be looking for some luxury to relax, enjoy the grand final and spend time with their family

But is one person's luxury another person's mediocre?

All the cheap sausages that will be purchased from Woolworths this weekend along with the cheap beer and no frills bread and small prawns. Some people think they are lapping it up, thinking does it get any better.

Whilst others might wince at that arrangement and think it's mediocre. They may prefer to getaway for the weekend, get a 5 star hotel and eat in a nice restaurant, bubbling away in the spa.

Whilst others might consider this mediocre and instead prefer to fly out of the country and indulge in another culture.

It happens everywhere, someone who buys a top of the line Hyundai with leather interior thinks they have hit the big time and lapping it up. But the Mercedes driver in his luxury car scoffs at the tuna tin Hyundai and adjusts his seat warmers in the Mercedes.

Someone who is flashing around their Casio watch thinks they are at the forefront of fashion where the Rolex wearer wouldn't shit in the same toilet as the Casio wearer.

What have you seen where people think they are living in luxury but you have a good chuckle as it's really mediocre?

I'm not going to mention names. But I regularly witness someone creating threads on a forum that I browse. I'm sure he thinks they're valid topics to discuss. But it seems like 90+% of the people who reply are having a subtle dig at the bloke and his delusional ideas and values.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm I'll just leave this here for a reality check and perspective...

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck all those renters with shit tvs and shit box camrys..... also fuck those who eat undersized prawns

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Deros at the back of public transport with their smart phones cranking Eminem or some other painful music that they think is hectic :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just depends on the individual.

For 5 years I saw people breathing easy and filling up their lungs a luxury while I was gasping for a quarter breath while even laying in bed.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I just treated myself to crinitis and dessert afterwards.

I just spend around $100 in a bit over an hour!
But I shouted a friend too.
It’s a part of my nature to always feed whoever is with me.

I’m kind of like a Jesus in that way only I don’t have the long hair and beard anymore!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not going to mention names. But I regularly witness someone creating threads on a forum that I browse. I'm sure he thinks they're valid topics to discuss. But it seems like 90+% of the people who reply are having a subtle dig at the bloke and his delusional ideas and values.
There's a bloke on these forums (I won't mention names either) who never contributes with a new thread at all but likes to go in to others with his bad egg breath and criticise those who actually start a meaningful discussion.

Here is few tips n tricks for this type of poster;

If you dont like a particular cup of tea, drink others!

If you don't like blue colour cars, buy a red or white car

If you dont like corona beer, drink your VB

If you dont support the Rabbitohs, don't attend all their home games and then whinge

Capeesh?

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just treated myself to crinitis and dessert afterwards.

I just spend around $100 in a bit over an hour!
But I shouted a friend too.
It’s a part of my nature to always feed whoever is with me.

I’m kind of like a Jesus in that way only I don’t have the long hair and beard anymore!
It's a wog thing bro, we punch on over who wants to pay for the bill lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As opposed to others who ask you to bring your own snags to cook on a BBQ. Plus bring your own beer to drink. Then they punch in if someone touches their snag. Lol

My position is if you want to celebrate then cover your guests. If you ask them to pitch in, just disgraceful behaviour.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
As opposed to others who ask you to bring your own snags to cook on a BBQ. Plus bring your own beer to drink. Then they punch in if someone touches their snag. Lol

My position is if you want to celebrate then cover your guests. If you ask them to pitch in, just disgraceful behaviour.
If I go to a bbq ill bring 2 plates of cevapi. Thats enough to feed upto 15 people if you put them on bread rolls with a bit of onion.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a wog thing bro, we punch on over who wants to pay for the bill lol
My old friend from out west whose part Greek would always accuse me of being a tightass.

It was just reverse psychology because he is too much of a tightass to pay up.

I think some of the worst people to negotiate with have to be the Maltese?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the boost has a massively inflated ego, and clearly no clue whatsoever that most of the people on this planet live in poverty. It's not relative as he says, it's simply their ego that creates the narrative. The happiest people I have met have more often then not been the ones who have the least.
Greed and ego are just some of the massive social issues the world faces.
Personally, the company of good people and family are far more important then the size of the prawns I'm eating!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the boost has a massively inflated ego, and clearly no clue whatsoever that most of the people on this planet live in poverty. It's not relative as he says, it's simply their ego that creates the narrative. The happiest people I have met have more often then not been the ones who have the least.
Greed and ego are just some of the massive social issues the world faces.
Personally, the company of good people and family are far more important then the size of the prawns I'm eating!
To summarise what you are saying
@Blue_boost is the type of person who throws stones in glass houses?

Or is that only if they're renting and don't mow their lawn?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I am happy with what little I have but I would still trade it in for a nice home at Northbridge with a yacht in my backyard!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Bro I pissed myself laughing first Aussie Barbie I went to where it was BYO.

I always have at least a full case and mid-top shelf spirits for my barbies

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My old friend from out west whose part Greek would always accuse me of being a tightass.

It was just reverse psychology because he is too much of a tightass to pay up.

I think some of the worst people to negotiate with have to be the Maltese?
Good and bad in all cultures. All the Lebos I know are either super generous or super tight.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The happiest people I have met have more often then not been the ones who have the least.

Money is by far what makes you the happiest.

Having Money is a freedom to do what you want, when you want. You can treat the people you love properly, with big sized prawns and a big quality TV

When people with no money say they are happy or appear to be happy, it's fake. People with no money get told what to do, have limited freedom, cannot enjoy the better things in life and if they don't listen , they get a boot up the arse to get back to work. plus they pretend to have parties but leech off their guests to bring their own snags and beer. You see the all standing around the bbq guarding their steak and snarling at each other if someone gets near their steak

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also when I was young I was raised that if you want to party you pay for it. Your guests need to be treated and respected.

First time I went to a byo bbq I didn't know what it was all about. I grabbed a steak off a bbq and someone lost their shit at me as I had eaten their steak. I almost got into a punch up as they wouldn't let it go and thought I was rude for turning up with no steaks and eating his steak. I told the bloke, isn't it enough I ate your steak, do you want a knuckle sandwich as well? If you invite me to a party you pay for me.. if I invite you I'll pay.