Grand Final Day - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The faiders have got this in the bag. They will have the ultimate advantage seeing this influential "superstar" actor is a fan and will be providing the energy suppliments pre game

images.jpeg

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got asked at work today what id prefer happen.

1. Raiders win by a record scoreline (like 60 nil) or;
2. Roosters winning by 4 with 30 seconds, they knock on or get stripped and raiders score under the sticks to win the game.

Can't figure out what is better. Im leaning towards 1 cause you could use it for ammo forever.. However 2 could be epic considering the heart ache.

Whats the kennel think?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
loltrell will turn up and have one of his shocking performances. Raiders by 12.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

2. Roosters winning by 4 with 30 seconds, they knock on or get stripped and raiders score under the sticks to win the game.

Can't figure out what is better. Im leaning towards 1 cause you could use it for ammo forever.. However 2 could be epic considering the heart ache.

Whats the kennel think?
Canberra winning would be too wholesome for my cold heart... so it's neither option for me!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Whats the kennel think?
The scenes if it were number 2 would be better

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL cannot have the Roosters win this. Its been set up perfectly for a Raiders win. Reasons being:
1. A Roosters win will AGAIN draw too much scrutiny to their squad and their blatant disregard of the salary cap. Despite there being salary cap auditors, who can name any instance where the NRL ever found out about a concerted systematic rorting of the cap?...as the Roosters clearly are. No, rather, its always been Club self reporting (Cronulla), a disgruntled ex employee (Dogs, Storm, Eels) or players saying the wrong thing to journos (Tigers, Warriors) that has uncovered rorting. The Roosters rorting year after year has made a mockery of the NRL and CANNOT be rewarded AGAIN with another premiership without a mutiny happening among the other clubs against the NRL.
2. Raiders winning being a provincial team would do more to increasing the value of the NRL product, through increased ratings next season and merchandising. The unstructured way the Raiders play is a breathe of fresh air to rugby league. The closeness of their squad is testimony that we can get along with Pommies and they are a welcome addition to the multicultural appeal of our sport.
3. A strip by Hodgson who then passes to Papalli to score the winning try with 30 seconds to go would bring the house down and rival the last second try of the Cowboys in 2015 as the greatest moment ever in a GF.
4. Rugby league is a perennial story of heros and villains, of fibros and silvertails. It is at its heart a working class game and in 2019 it needs a working class team like the Green machine to rise to the fore, riding the wave of emotion created by the 70,000 strong viking clap. The Canberra Raiders winning would be the feel good story in sport in Australia in 2019. The script has been written.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really really hope the Raiders beat those cheating ******, but i just cannot see it happening.

To me its got nothing to do with the Raiders squad or playing style, but just the lack of experience in the GF. Im pretty sure not 1 Raider has played in a GF? Papalii is the only player with big game experience in Origin and Wighton just copped a taste this year.

If the Raiders do win (please God), i think it would be one of the greatest GF victories

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, this has been the most sterile, uninteresting gf week since, well, last year. Every time I try to get interested I just seem to start thinking about the f'en rorters and wonder how, for example, they have $300k players sitting on their bench and no one at the nrl accounting dep't (haha, like that's a thing) seems to think anything is wrong. It used to be lots of my friends and peeps at work would be talking about the gf throughout the week before. This week, literally no one I know has mentioned it other than the odd random 'fuckin rorters' comment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well, this has been the most sterile, uninteresting gf week since, well, last year. Every time I try to get interested I just seem to start thinking about the f'en rorters and wonder how, for example, they have $300k players sitting on their bench and no one at the nrl accounting dep't (haha, like that's a thing) seems to think anything is wrong. It used to be lots of my friends and peeps at work would be talking about the gf throughout the week before. This week, literally no one I know has mentioned it other than the odd random 'fuckin rorters' comment.
So true. Never seen this low level of interest ever.

The fact it's the rorters is a major reason and Canberra but league is no longer the game it was due to sleazy gossip hound journos, cheating refs and incompetent head honchos killing it off. Fans are fed up with the running of the game, it's presentation and boring robotic style thanks to Bellamy and Robinson managing every aspect of the product on the field.

There's lots of reasons for the general disinterest but a clean out of HQ is paramount with a new salary cap/tpa system that is fully accountable so fans know that their team has at least a fighting chance of competing against the top 2 long term.

If you're going to impose restraints and caps on teams in your competition, you bloody well better have iron clad systems that work to ensure competitiveness.

Imagine another GF with Rorters, probably Storm, and/or anyone else making up the numbers for the chooks to beat, next year and the year after ...ad infinitum.

Add that to all the ref/bunker mistakes/favouritism and inept administrators, well you are starting to see the real death of the game unless more competent, professional, even handed management take over who rule for the games benefit, not the dominant clubs alone.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The fact it's the rorters is a major reason and Canberra but league is no longer the game it was due to sleazy gossip hound journos, cheating refs and incompetent head honchos killing it off. Fans are fed up with the running of the game, it's presentation and boring robotic style thanks to Bellamy and Robinson managing every aspect of the product on the field.

There's lots of reasons for the general disinterest but a clean out of HQ is paramount with a new salary cap/tpa system that is fully accountable so fans know that their team has at least a fighting chance of competing against the top 2 long term.

If you're going to impose restraints and caps on teams in your competition, you bloody well better have iron clad systems that work to ensure competitiveness.

Imagine another GF with Rorters, probably Storm, and/or anyone else making up the numbers for the chooks to beat, next year and the year after ...ad infinitum.

Add that to all the ref/bunker mistakes/favouritism and inept administrators, well you are starting to see the real death of the game unless more competent, professional, even handed management take over who rule for the games benefit, not the dominant clubs alone.
I watched an AFL game a few weeks ago. It was so refreshing seeing how the game just flowed without bullshit ref calls.

The NRL are just trying to make a contact game non contact. They are in a pile of shit

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You forgot the player managers too. They are just as big of a problem using players as pawns to get themselves a bigger pay packet and bitching to the media to help make it happen

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Head: Roosters
Heart: Raiders

I'm most looking forward to seeing the Rosters 7 supporters outnumbered in the stands.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You forgot the player managers too. They are just as big of a problem using players as pawns to get themselves a bigger pay packet and bitching to the media to help make it happen
How could I have forgotten those leeches!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
About time an article wasn’t written about the Rorters ‘elephant in the room ‘
https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/amp....-the-elephant-in-the-nrl-20191004-p52xnd.html
No wonder why Anasta, O’meley, Mason, Myles, SBW, and others from our club went to the roosters. They were definitely given something extra.

I still can’t work out how they bought Jennings and Maloney when they were in their prime and SBW in one offseason. Three marquee players in one hit and they win the comp in 2013. Same with last year, they just pull out the big guns from nowhere, two million dollar players in Teddy and Cronk just like that bang and they win the comp!

They never ever chase a player and not get that player. They get any player they make an offer to. Any player!!!

It’s bullshit. The elephant is in the room and the NRL just ignore it. They need to come up with something better. The cap system doesn’t work and never will. Why don’t they just follow the AFL draft system?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder why Anasta, O’meley, Mason, Myles, SBW, and others from our club went to the roosters. They were definitely given something extra.

I still can’t work out how they bought Jennings and Maloney when they were in their prime and SBW in one offseason. Three marquee players in one hit and they win the comp in 2013. Same with last year, they just pull out the big guns from nowhere, two million dollar players in Teddy and Cronk just like that bang and they win the comp!

They never ever chase a player and not get that player. They get any player they make an offer to. Any player!!!

It’s bullshit. The elephant is in the room and the NRL just ignore it. They need to come up with something better. The cap system doesn’t work and never will. Why don’t they just follow the AFL draft system?
The NRL have spent a lot of time, energy and money into shaping and moulding the system they have now.

They have perfected an ambiguously complex system that allows them to fashion and tell the story they want to tell it, how ever they like to tell it, without the need of justification or fear of any real repercussion.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't ever remember being this uninterested in a GF. I've tried but I just can't summon up any enthusiasm.....maybe I'll watch the tennis instead.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm happy Bmoz made another gf, but fuck the rooters!!! I have been on the lime green wagon since we bowed out. Il always support an underdog.
It's sad to think that his brother Josh will never win a premiership. I'm going for the Raiders, but if Roosters win, at least Brett Morris wins.