Who do you expect the board to sign for 20/21 to be returned ?

Banned
Reaction score
Calling out the trolls being racist to him and what else?
The very same racist trolls that give it equally to everyone, yet he's too think skinned to cop it and move on with life, rather than validate their b/s and make an issue out of essentially what the majority of other players treat as nothing?
Yes!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The very same racist trolls that give it equally to everyone, yet he's too think skinned to cop it and move on with life, rather than validate their b/s and make an issue out of essentially what the majority of other players treat as nothing?
Yes!
Oh ok they do? Sounds like they were targeting him personally. You can only ignore so much. Good on him for standing up for himself and his people against that gutless shit. That’s ridiculous if that’s your sole reason for not wanting to sign him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Calling out the trolls being racist to him and what else?
I think Latrell's been pretty good off field (you'll never be able to stop online trolls, so it's better to not give them attention, if they're a nobody just pretend they don't exist). There was a small incident at a pub (?) where his mates were getting a bit chirpy but besides that not really sure? Maybe the hype about how good he is? Maybe his form slump after Origin after being linked with massive $? Not really his fault. Just look at the players' ability and have faith in the coaching staff and leadership group (we have a very good one).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Latrell's been pretty good off field (you'll never be able to stop online trolls, so it's better to not give them attention, if they're a nobody just pretend they don't exist). There was a small incident at a pub (?) where his mates were getting a bit chirpy but besides that not really sure? Maybe the hype about how good he is? Maybe his form slump after Origin after being linked with massive $? Not really his fault. Just look at the players' ability and have faith in the coaching staff and leadership group (we have a very good one).
His group got involved in a scuffle that he wasn’t a part of and he got fined for refusing to leave the pub after arguing with security. Hardly a reason for us not to try to sigh him. I don’t agree about the trolls though and I back him for calling them out. It’s pathetic and gutless and more needs to be done to stop it. I agree and would rather judge him on talent. He’s a really nice and decent kid. He would fit in well at the bulldogs. He’s not a Dylan Walker type

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a centre badly though and he's probably the best in the NRL slightly over Manu plus can kick goals which we would need also if Meaney is no longer in our team. Mitchell can also kick long in general play which we would need if Lewis weren't in our team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got an idea. Let's rephrase the question used as a basis of this thread and start another basically identical thread about what players we should chase for the team in 2 years time. So far we only have 24 threads following this line of thinking.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently somebody can't read / comprehend. This thread is about who you would expect us to sign for 2020 and for 2021 in order to be happy enough to re-elect the current board. They have to take the fall surely if our management (whom they appoint at least) fail to sign anyone significant who will improve our team.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For my top 3
1. Radradra because we need some strike so we can keep hoppa and Smith together
2. Manu as it will be cheaper then Mitchell so money can be spent elsewhere
3. Grant to play 14. Off the bench if Marshall-King does really well or to play 9.

SBW I would add but he is getting old so yea he may be a little to old to play

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hypothetical question. What if the board signed Manu, Grant, and Thompson, but at the same time got fooled by a developer and leased half the Belmore grounds for a song, get implicated big time in a matter before the ICAC, two board members photographed with a ladyboy on a trip to SEA, substantiated information of discussions with the NRL to move the club to Perth, and Hill gets fired and the first person interviewed to replace him has a wig and recently got let go by RA.

Should they still be voted back in?

Banned
Reaction score
Hypothetical question. What if the board signed Manu, Grant, and Thompson, but at the same time got fooled by a developer and leased half the Belmore grounds for a song, get implicated big time in a matter before the ICAC, two board members photographed with a ladyboy on a trip to SEA, substantiated information of discussions with the NRL to move the club to Perth, and Hill gets fired and the first person interviewed to replace him has a wig and recently got let go by RA.

If it ever comes to that, I'll put my hat in the ring and form a Kennel ticket.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For my top 3
1. Radradra because we need some strike so we can keep hoppa and Smith together
2. Manu as it will be cheaper then Mitchell so money can be spent elsewhere
3. Grant to play 14. Off the bench if Marshall-King does really well or to play 9.

SBW I would add but he is getting old so yea he may be a little to old to play
Vunivalu is another option for Wing.

Manu is cheaper, but Latrell is the best Centre in the game and can goal kick and kick a field goal which is something lacking in our side (goal kicking without Meaney and no one in our team can take a field goal confidently). Using the numbers in the DT article floating around regarding player value on the open market, Manu will cost us 700-900k and Latrell will cost us 800k-1m. I'd rather pay the extra for Latrell personally (if you want to use your own numbers, or what you think players are worth, add 200-300k on top of what you think the Roosters will pay, any less and they aren't coming end of story).

Grant's a must signing unless someone on contract pops up (I personally think we can only wait until the start of next season, as we need to have our recruitment for 2021 done by then) or we stick with JMK/Katoa beyond 2020 until another Hooker is off contract. Grant should start with JMK off the bench. If Smith retires Grant will stay at the Storm and be their starting Hooker next year, unless they go with B. Smith. We're also going to have to pay Grant a fair bit, similar to the Knights with Ponga, just on a lesser scale, don't be surprised if he costs 400-500k.

I think Prop is another area of the team we should strengthen, Taukeiaho (going off DT article he's on peanuts, 200-300k, can offer him 400-600k) or Luke Thompson. I've never been a fan of Napa starting Prop but I do have to admit he did finish the season strongly. This signing would depend if we have room in the cap with the other 3 signings, otherwise it'd be something I'd assume we'd address in 2022.

SBW for 1 year would be ideal. Any longer and he's jeopardising 2021 recruitment.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
What I was trying to portray yesterday when drunk, was Latrell gives off the same vibes as SBW did.
We do not need another SBW in the club, thus I much rather Manu.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manu has already come out and said he wants to stay at the Roosters and doesn’t want to leave. Mitchell is more likely out of the two and by far the better player anyway.
Money talks

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First piece of the puzzle is resigning players off contract next year. In a little over 3 weeks the likes of the following are also on the open market

Jackson
Smith
Hoppa
Dwz
Foran
Cogger
Wakeman
Lewis
Toomaga
Rfm
Tolman
Elliot-Pay

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Some people here seem to only care about recruitment so yes but I doubt they are voting members anyway

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What I was trying to portray yesterday when drunk, was Latrell gives off the same vibes as SBW did.
It still doesn’t make sense when you’re sober

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Vunivalu is another option for Wing.

Manu is cheaper, but Latrell is the best Centre in the game and can goal kick and kick a field goal which is something lacking in our side (goal kicking without Meaney and no one in our team can take a field goal confidently). Using the numbers in the DT article floating around regarding player value on the open market, Manu will cost us 700-900k and Latrell will cost us 800k-1m. I'd rather pay the extra for Latrell personally (if you want to use your own numbers, or what you think players are worth, add 200-300k on top of what you think the Roosters will pay, any less and they aren't coming end of story).

Grant's a must signing unless someone on contract pops up (I personally think we can only wait until the start of next season, as we need to have our recruitment for 2021 done by then) or we stick with JMK/Katoa beyond 2020 until another Hooker is off contract. Grant should start with JMK off the bench. If Smith retires Grant will stay at the Storm and be their starting Hooker next year, unless they go with B. Smith. We're also going to have to pay Grant a fair bit, similar to the Knights with Ponga, just on a lesser scale, don't be surprised if he costs 400-500k.

I think Prop is another area of the team we should strengthen, Taukeiaho (going off DT article he's on peanuts, 200-300k, can offer him 400-600k) or Luke Thompson. I've never been a fan of Napa starting Prop but I do have to admit he did finish the season strongly. This signing would depend if we have room in the cap with the other 3 signings, otherwise it'd be something I'd assume we'd address in 2022.

SBW for 1 year would be ideal. Any longer and he's jeopardising 2021 recruitment.
How many minutes of first grade has Grant played mate?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
you're right mate.. I get what you are saying.. same could be said about many of the players today I guess.