Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have 1 more spot in our 30, I doubt we'll fill it with Jmoz

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No thanks. JMoz was a top class player and is still a genuine first grader. However he made his money with us and then dropped a few heavy words on his way out. He doesn't seem to be one of those senior players that takes juniors under their wing. Didn't the club make him an offer but he wanted to leave regardless?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has heard this but apparently jmoz might comeback to the dogs as Cronulla needs to move players on.
Any truth to this?
Would be happy to have him back strictly for 1 year (2020) if it meant we can then have Mitchell or Manu for 2021

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think a lot of people were surprised with the form both of the boys showed this year. For me I ask, where was that when you were being paid big money with us and we needed senior players to show the way? I'm happy to move on from them and not look backwards. Plus fuk helping Cronulla.
Our halves and attacking structures were shit... twins always had something to offer, we were shit and couldn't get the best out of them. But yeah I wouldn't take Josh back as we need to move on from that part of our history

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our halves and attacking structures were shit... twins always had something to offer, we were shit and couldn't get the best out of them. But yeah I wouldn't take Josh back as we need to move on from that part of our history

JMOZ was very loyal to the club over the years and would take him back no questions asked. Experience is essential in rebuilding the club and he has still plenty to offer.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really think they are going to come out and say anything but good things at a members function....if they wanted to stay they could have.
They were offered 1 year deals,they wanted 2,everyone at the club,was aware of where they stood and we were also told that the club told them from the beginning that 1 year is all that the club was willing to give,and they were very appreciative of the clubs early call,and all that was also in the media after they left,so where's the animosity?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot of people were surprised with the form both of the boys showed this year. For me I ask, where was that when you were being paid big money with us and we needed senior players to show the way? I'm happy to move on from them and not look backwards. Plus fuk helping Cronulla.
I thought that the form of both twins dropped off in 2018, sure it may have had something to do with the way our club was playing, but my guess is that they both didn't want to be here any more.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
J-moz was one of my favourite players for a long time. But it's at a stage in his career where he's only a short term solution in a side that I'd hope is building towards something. Better to get our youngsters up to speed next year even if they drop back to being our depth in 2021. J-Moz Isn't an investment in the future of the team.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Step in the wrong direction but 1 year of Jmoz is way better than another year of Montoya or Holland in the centres .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were offered 1 year deals,they wanted 2,everyone at the club,was aware of where they stood and we were also told that the club told them from the beginning that 1 year is all that the club was willing to give,and they were very appreciative of the clubs early call,and all that was also in the media after they left,so where's the animosity?
It all went down hill when they weren’t offered deals they thought they were worth. I got told this from a very good source. They had a terrible attitude in the last half of the year and it threatened to turn toxic. They were glad to leave and the club was the same.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It all went down hill when they weren’t offered deals they thought they were worth. I got told this from a very good source. They had a terrible attitude in the last half of the year and it threatened to turn toxic. They were glad to leave and the club was the same.
I did hear this too. A lot of them had been very bitter after being moved on whilst under contract or not being offered more than a 1 year deal. The Klemmer drama didn’t help either. Josh in particular was great for the club but it was their time to go

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love jmoz but lets focus on our young players

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did hear this too. A lot of them had been very bitter after being moved on whilst under contract or not being offered more than a 1 year deal. The Klemmer drama didn’t help either. Josh in particular was great for the club but it was their time to go
Totally agree. It’s for the best that most of the players from the Des era have moved on. We get a playing group without baggage and the players that left get a fresh start so everybody wins.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Totally agree. It’s for the best that most of the players from the Des era have moved on. We get a playing group without baggage and the players that left get a fresh start so everybody wins.
The players seem happy and no one is sooking. Pay has done a good job in that respect

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has heard this but apparently jmoz might comeback to the dogs as Cronulla needs to move players on.
Any truth to this?
Past his best.lets look to the future.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Centre is probably the main position we need to improve and are physically able to improve for 2020. Harper may work out but if we want experience it seems Joey Leilua or Jesse Ramien would be the best options available for 2020 but the thing is they would both want minimum 2 year contracts surely which could then jeopardise our ability to be able to afford Mitchell or Manu for 2021 or other elite players in other positions like Radradra and / or Fifita. If Sonny Bill Williams is a done deal for next year then good that would probably be the best option and we would have to see how Harper goes at centre. But if we don't have SBW then it may be best to get someone like Josh Morris if he's willing to sign for 1 year only then we should have the funds to chase 2-3 elite players (ie: Mitchell/ Manu, Fifita and Radradra) for 2021.
Our forwards are pretty decent now though so I'd be happy also if we did sign Ramien for 2 years or more IF we could also get Mitchell OR Manu AND Radradra.
Imagine a backline for 2021 like

Mitchell
Radradra
Hopoate
Ramien
DWZ

OR

DWZ
Radradra
Hopoate
Mitchell / Manu
Ramien

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No. Generally I take Marsellus Wallace's advice. When you're gone, you stay gone.

I like the Moz, but he's 33 FFS. Move on.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks. Let them keep JMoz and try and solve the salary cap puzzle to fit Ramien in. They can keep them both

Status
Not open for further replies.