how biggest problem is tolman!!!! he should be moved on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know what you mean like when Des didn’t like forwards offloading. I think we will struggle compared to many teams even if To’omaga and RFM play. This is largely due to a couple of quite small forwards in the team. Coaches have always had favourites. If someone is absolutely killing it in reserves and first graders are struggling it will force his hand. Pay seems to prefer solid defenders over flashy types. Hopefully when we have money we can start recruiting a mix of both. I don’t think there were too many players like that on the market this year though
I don't think we should struggle, we won't be a Premiership but we should improve on last season. I said it last preseason and I'll say it again and that's most teams are shit. Where we finished this year was where we should've, it's just unfortunate that it took until the final rounds to perform at that level.

Bottom of the 8 is realistic this season. Yes we will still struggle to score points because of our genuine lack of ability in the spine and flair from in the outside backs, but improvements to our general attacking structures and better utilising strike players should see us put some more points on the board.

Hopefully Pay picks the right team from the get go and doesn't spend another season fucking around for half the year with player selections.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think we should struggle, we won't be a Premiership but we should improve on last season. I said it last preseason and I'll say it again and that's most teams are shit. Where we finished this year was where we should've, it's just unfortunate that it took until the final rounds to perform at that level.

Bottom of the 8 is realistic this season. Yes we will still struggle to score points because of our genuine lack of ability in the spine and flair from in the outside backs, but improvements to our general attacking structures and better utilising strike players should see us put some more points on the board.

Hopefully Pay picks the right team from the get go and doesn't spend another season fucking around for half the year with player selections.
Everyone is a year older and more experienced now. Young teams always seem to be chopped and changed but I’m hoping we see less of it next season

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ll be willing to have a decent bet that at least one of Doorey, Pitovao or Topine is a full timer by the end of 2021. Stimson isn’t a bad player but just don’t think he was needed on a 3 year deal. I just hope he doesn’t become a road block for the juniors coming through.
Decent bet, I know those boys punch above their weight but damn Jersey to NRL is an even more decent leap.

Stimson is a weird one regardless, he should be playing on an edge next year with Jacko and Elliot swapping between lock which leaves really no opportunity for another backrower on the bench. It certainly does look like there are more than one road blocks ahead..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kalache, a very talented Bulldog Born and Bred !!!
St Johns Eagles his junior club is a walking distance from Belmore sports ground.
Assuming we have lost him...Why ???
We still haven't learnt from the mistakes of picking up other clubs rejects at our juniors expense
So much for the bullshit...We will look after our juniors :rage:
Don't know about Kalache hey... The more I watched him play the shitter he got. Just don't think he can tackle at an elite level which is why he probably doesn't get much of a look in.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this would be our best forward pack for 2020:

8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Stimson
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Britt
15. To’omaga
16. RFM
17. Ogden / Sue

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Stimson
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Britt
15. To’omaga
16. RFM
17. Ogden / Sue
Britt get straight in?

He’s fkn rubbish

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Everyone is a year older and more experienced now. Young teams always seem to be chopped and changed but I’m hoping we see less of it next season
The team changes were just unnecessary and poor management imo, players didn't know there roles and it completely threw out combinations.

There really shouldn't be much confusion this season when it comes to our 17 as most positions should be pretty much locked in baring injury or a poor/strong pre season. Only spots that really should genuinely be up for grabs should be the left centre position, who partners Foran, final bench spot and possibly the make up of the backrow with Stimson potentially taking Jackson's edge spot with Jackson shifting to lock.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Kalache hey... The more I watched him play the shitter he got. Just don't think he can tackle at an elite level which is why he probably doesn't get much of a look in.
Kalache generally did well in CC - quality offloads in particular - and was rewarded mid way though the year with a contract upgrade - to me he was far better and with more potential than Roumanos but neither are must keeps. Maybe Kalache was offered something better elsewhere.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The team changes were just unnecessary and poor management imo, players didn't know there roles and it completely threw out combinations.

There really shouldn't be much confusion this season when it comes to our 17 as most positions should be pretty much locked in baring injury or a poor/strong pre season. Only spots that really should genuinely be up for grabs should be the left centre position, who partners Foran, final bench spot and possibly the make up of the backrow with Stimson potentially taking Jackson's edge spot with Jackson shifting to lock.
I understand but we were running last. No better time than to try different combinations

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ok with our top 30. The team that finished the season strong this year is still intact. The players that got a taste on the back end have lots to prove if they want a regular gig.
Hoping pay has evolved too. I'd rather he plays a few more trials
Risking injury to players is football. Sacrificing competition points to fine tune combos is dumb.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kalache generally did well in CC - quality offloads in particular - and was rewarded mid way though the year with a contract upgrade - to me he was far better and with more potential than Roumanos but neither are must keeps. Maybe Kalache was offered something better elsewhere.
His attack was great.. playing short at the line along with quality second phase. Bit scrappy at times but with experience would play similar footy to Jake t though his jersey grabbing wouldn't cut it at NRL level.

I had big hope he would become out next good prop coming through but doubt it now.

Roumanos I'll give time considering his still 19 I'm pretty sure.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Stimson
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Britt
15. To’omaga