Who do you expect the board to sign for 20/21 to be returned ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering there's only one free spot in the top 30 and there's no election in 2021 its a non event because you already know!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Smith can’t find his front quick enough. Okunbor actually breaks through and gets quick ptb
The play the ball speeds are pretty similar between the two, Smith has just gotten lazy/disinterested and doesn't put in enough anymore as he can sit back and watch Hoppa make multiple runs a set.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The play the ball speeds are pretty similar between the two, Smith has just gotten lazy/disinterested and doesn't put in enough anymore as he can sit back and watch Hoppa make multiple runs a set.
He seems to be very much a confidence player and his involvement increases in games we are going well in

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the board fail to sign anyone big for 2020 or 2021 if I were a voting member I wouldn't be voting for any of them to return at the next election. For me I'd be expecting a SBW, Leilua or equivalent for next year and for 2021 at minimum 2 to 3 of the other players below. Who would it take to get your vote if you were a voting member ?

Joey Leilua
Joel Thompson
Sonny Bill Williams
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Joey Manu
Latrell Mitchell
Semi Radradra
Harry Grant
Jesse Ramien
David Fifita
its one thing having salary cap space and its a totally different thing attracting big names or sought after players..

We have a rookie coach & rookie admin lets see what they can do.. they will have their work cut out..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the board fail to sign anyone big for 2020 or 2021 if I were a voting member I wouldn't be voting for any of them to return at the next election. For me I'd be expecting a SBW, Leilua or equivalent for next year and for 2021 at minimum 2 to 3 of the other players below. Who would it take to get your vote if you were a voting member ?

Joey Leilua
Joel Thompson
Sonny Bill Williams
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Joey Manu
Latrell Mitchell
Semi Radradra
Harry Grant
Jesse Ramien
David Fifita
Il like all those names.. Harry Grant dont know enough about.. and Leilue is alright better than Holland and Montoya for sure but too brain explosion prone for my liking..

Ramien would have been a gun signing..

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone (99% of players) have a price. I really don't buy him saying that until he's resigned. I want to isn't the same as I will.
I appreciate that all players have a price, but logically the Roosters will offer him around 600-700k considering he is probably a top 5 centre now and a Kiwi international, so should we really be offering more than 700k for a player like Manu?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I appreciate that all players have a price, but logically the Roosters will offer him around 600-700k considering he is probably a top 5 centre now and a Kiwi international, so should we really be offering more than 700k for a player like Manu?
We have to go through all of our targets and see what their current club/other clubs value them as. If the Roosters offer Manu 600-700k I'd say he's off the table. Latrell's a 700k Centre (not fact, my opinion), if Roosters were planning to offer Manu a 500k deal I think it's very possible we'd snap him up for 700k (if the Roosters up'd their bid to keep Latrell but Latrell should be priority). For top players we're looking at an extra 200-300k on top of what they're worth to lure them and it's the only way of getting them. We just have to pick the right players to pay that sort of money for. To answer your question, I wouldn't pay more then 700k for Manu. 700k would be MAX.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW is a crumpet and should be ashamed for what he did to club and fans . It would be fitting to have him end his career with bulldogs and heal old wounds. He will teach these young pups what the club has been missing. He would be worth every cent to get him here . Too bad he has uncle nick nut suck in his mouth

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Anderson resigning, who is now on our recruitment committee? Anyone know? Or is Pricey handling it all now.
Good question? He was part 9f the recruitment committee, but I doubt they replaced him. I would guess that it now comes down to Graeme Hughes, pricey and pay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He seems to be very much a confidence player and his involvement increases in games we are going well in
He's poorly used, should be utilised like a Holmes/Rapana from the wing. Might also be switching off as he wanted to get a crack at centre much earlier.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's poorly used, should be utilised like a Holmes/Rapana from the wing. Might also be switching off as he wanted to get a crack at centre much earlier.
I agree and the chopping and changing of the team, especially in the halves with Foran being busted didn’t help

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The real question is not who we want it's who would want to come over,
I know they have named a 29 man squad but I wouldn't be surprised if the odd few are pushed into the reserve grade squad if needed,
They have indicated all season that we are after a prop a center and most importantly a hooker...
Prop, they've signed Dean Britt as a favour for for his father Darren...:rage:
Hooker, they've failed to sign one reasonable and available and then we sigh a third choice from Penrith in Katoa...:rage:
Center, they've failed to sign anyone until now, will we end up with another reject ???
I am quickly losing faith in our club being a magnet to quality players...are you ?
SBW, if he joins the club it will be out of guilt and will be a minimum effect on the cap !!!
Ramien, his priority is finding Nemo :sweatsmile: I would only want him here if he made it clear to us from day one.
As for 2021, there are too many to cross yet !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The real question is not who we want it's who would want to come over,
I know they have named a 29 man squad but I wouldn't be surprised if the odd few are pushed into the reserve grade squad if needed,
They have indicated all season that we are after a prop a center and most importantly a hooker...
Prop, they've signed Dean Britt as a favour for for his father Darren...:rage:
Hooker, they've failed to sign one reasonable and available and then we sigh a third choice from Penrith in Katoa...:rage:
Center, they've failed to sign anyone until now, will we end up with another reject ???
I am quickly losing faith in our club being a magnet to quality players...are you ?
SBW, if he joins the club it will be out of guilt and will be a minimum effect on the cap !!!
Ramien, his priority is finding Nemo :sweatsmile: I would only want him here if he made it clear to us from day one.
As for 2021, there are too many to cross yet !!!
This was how it was always going to go if we weren't willing to pay overs to our targets/players linked with (which I agree with). As this is the route we want to take it means we're going to have basically the same squad for 2020, but this mind set will have to change regarding recruitment for 2021 otherwise we'll sign no one for 2021 either that can fix the positions we need to and will also give us that boost we need.

Since we've missed out on Brailey (not sure if we actually went in for him), Turpin and Koroisau we're sort of backed into the corner regarding the Hooker we sign as I only see Harry Grant as the fix for 2021. That's why I talk about him a lot because when I/you look at who's available, who else is there? The alternative to fixing the Hooker role would be waiting until 2022 or further which I'd rather avoid. It is possible someone on contract will pop up, but we can't hope on that as I believe we need to have the main 2021 recruitment decided between this November and the start of next season.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, its not the boards job to sign players, second of all, why dont you actually become a voting member?
The board would have a big say surely instructing Hill who to chase. Anderson was definitely involved in recruitment before he stepped down recently. I very much doubt Pay or any recruitment manger would have total say although I'm sure they contribute their input. I wish I had become a voting member many many years ago but too hard now. I don't know anyone who can second me plus I'm now living interstate.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which club did Brittain sign for?
Still with the Bunnies I presume. There were rumours we had signed him but now we have re-signed JMK and signed Katoa looks like we're not getting him at least.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The board would have a big say surely instructing Hill who to chase. Anderson was definitely involved in recruitment before he stepped down recently. I very much doubt Pay or any recruitment manger would have total say although I'm sure they contribute their input. I wish I had become a voting member many many years ago but too hard now. I don't know anyone who can second me plus I'm now living interstate.
Chris was exception to the rule. You would be stupid to not let him be involved, given he coached the Bulldogs to a premiership, and Australi for many years. But now that he is gone I would be very surprised if any of them would have any say. Nor should they.

Banned
Reaction score
Latrell comes with too much off field shit.
He's more concerned about being a pawn in others agenda's off field, than play footy.
Hard pass for me.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW is a crumpet and should be ashamed for what he did to club and fans . It would be fitting to have him end his career with bulldogs and heal old wounds. He will teach these young pups what the club has been missing. He would be worth every cent to get him here . Too bad he has uncle nick nut suck in his mouth
He can fuck off.
He's a money grabbing **** with zero integrity.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell comes with too much off field shit.
He's more concerned about being a pawn in others agenda's off field, than play footy.
Hard pass for me.
Calling out the trolls being racist to him and what else?