Opinion Brodie Croft

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are under the salary cap this year and next year so how are we still in a salary cap mess like you say?

And the club made big offers to Api and Ramien for next year.

Hardly sounds like a salary cap problem.
Offers weren't that big.

That's why they both signed elsewhere.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are under the salary cap this year and next year so how are we still in a salary cap mess like you say?

And the club made big offers to Api and Ramien for next year.

Hardly sounds like a salary cap problem.
Ok.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Man united have some of the best young talent coming in watch out next few years with a couple of more signings
Yh because giving fat salaries to Sanchez, Lingard, etc have been great decisions in recent history. Very poor use of funds.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Andrew Webster was mentioning on 2UE on Saturday that the Melbourne Storm Will be giving permission to Brodie Croft to speak to other clubs as they don't see him as their long term halfback and see Jerome Hughes as the future....should the dogs go after him? Would he be the answer to our half back dilemma?
Our half back dilemma is we have 3 young inexperienced halfbacks to choose from. Im sure adding another will help. Croft is not much to get excited over at this stage. Hell, Storm chose to play a fullback at half over him.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our half back dilemma is we have 3 young inexperienced halfbacks to choose from. Im sure adding another will help. Croft is not much to get excited over at this stage. Hell, Storm chose to play a fullback at half over him.
Croft won them the minor premiership (losing 4 games all season) then they dropped Croft and they lost 2 from 3 in their last 3 games.

What does that tell you about Croft? Was he useful or not? Because when he played they won almost every game and when he got dropped they lost 2 from 3, that's half as many losses as all season. That's going from losing 17% of games to losing 66% of games.

Croft is good, and Bulldogs wouldn't be disadvantaged by having him

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Croft won them the minor premiership (losing 4 games all season) then they dropped Croft and they lost 2 from 3 in their last 3 games.

What does that tell you about Croft? Was he useful or not? Because when he played they won almost every game and when he got dropped they lost 2 from 3, that's half as many losses as all season. That's going from losing 17% of games to losing 66% of games.

Croft is good, and Bulldogs wouldn't be disadvantaged by having him

their spine was a big issue last night.. Hughes played ok but they didn't appear to get into any rhythm all night.. still believe Roosters win if Croft plays, but Storm are better when he is on the field.. maybe he is not their answer going forward, but it was a royal stuff up by Bellyache doing that so close to the finals

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
their spine was a big issue last night.. Hughes played ok but they didn't appear to get into any rhythm all night.. still believe Roosters win if Croft plays, but Storm are better when he is on the field.. maybe he is not their answer going forward, but it was a royal stuff up by Bellyache doing that so close to the finals
Sometimes overthinking brings you undone. Hasler did it with us and Bellamys doing it with Storm.. I guess that danger rears its head when they believe they are the 'supercoach'

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes overthinking brings you undone. Hasler did it with us and Bellamys doing it with Storm.. I guess that danger rears its head when they believe they are the 'supercoach'
Yeah... I reckon the Roosters have gotten to ol' Craig... His whole focus coming into the finals would have been the Chooks, and I guess he made a rush of blood decision to try something different as we all know what happened last year

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
like i said a few weeks ago, brodie croft set to be a bronco

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man united have some of the best young talent coming in watch out next few years with a couple of more signings
Oh pls. Get your head out of the sand re Man U my friend. This 'best young talent' only came to the fore this year and have done bugger all. Worst start in living memory. Playing terrible football. Best thing the Bulldogs can do is stay well away from the model you lot have been using, and adopt an approach from a winning team such as ... Liverpool.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh pls. Get your head out of the sand re Man U my friend. This 'best young talent' only came to the fore this year and have done bugger all. Worst start in living memory. Playing terrible football. Best thing the Bulldogs can do is stay well away from the model you lot have been using, and adopt an approach from a winning team such as ... Liverpool.
I will add to that...If you adopt the liverpool way YNWA :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
20 epl titles, that's all I'm gonna say

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But Lingard is a great young talent. :tearsofjoy:

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teams target him in defence and he has struggled with edge back rowers. That was main reason for Jerome Hughes to go into 7 and be the right side defence. If he could fix his defence I would consider but I think our young halves are progressing ok