Oh How I Miss Grand Final Week!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Growing up as a kid all that mattered was hoping the Bulldogs would win the Grand Final, every year. I would ride every play week in week out in the hope the blue and white blood sweat and tears from the players would come with victory. The days when losses came with hurt and wins came with fist pumping excitement while singing 'You're Simply The Best'!!

As the seasons rolled on the anticipation of semis was in sight, and a sneaky vision of the playing out in my head of a Grand Final birth looming. We'd win one Semi Final and containing that excitement was hard enough, winning the Preliminary Finals even sometimes as underdogs, and suddenly I'd feel invincible like I am a part of it all because we were the family club and even though I didn't know a lot of my fellow fan counterparts I felt like we were one. What a feeling that felt like as a kid.

It's Grand Final week and the News Agencies didn't know what was about to hit them. #Excuse me", I would ask the guy behind the counter, "do you have blue and white streamers"? "Of course we do son" he replied. We'll, I practically grabbed the lot. He'd ask, "what are all those for"? And I would look at him with steel eyes and say "my Doggies are in the Grand Final and I am going to dress our house up with them". And so I did, streamers left and right, top to bottom all over the front verandah. Made up posters of players, printed team photos stuck on walls, whatever was blue and white, it got put up. Come into to the house, well enter at your own risk.

This week, Grand Final week and I have to admit, i miss it. Thinking back when all that mattered was winning a Grand Final and being a part of the build up knowing my team was in the Grand Final. I didn't have to care about interest rates, petrol prices or who was in Government. All that mattered was my beloved Bulldogs.

We won a few Grand Finals and I'd be running around the streets with my flag, we lost some and I'd be in tears. But the build up to what I recall as one of the best week's of my life filled with excitement where I will always remember how our club brought joy to mine and everyone's lives that followed the Bulldogs, that's what Rugby League does and so does following such a great club.

Let's stick solid and hope that these days of yester year can be re-lived.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Growing up as a kid all that mattered was hoping the Bulldogs would win the Grand Final, every year. I would ride every play week in week out in the hope the blue and white blood sweat and tears from the players would come with victory. The days when losses came with hurt and wins came with fist pumping excitement while singing 'You're Simply The Best'!!

As the seasons rolled on the anticipation of semis was in sight, and a sneaky vision of the playing out in my head of a Grand Final birth looming. We'd win one Semi Final and containing that excitement was hard enough, winning the Preliminary Finals even sometimes as underdogs, and suddenly I'd feel invincible like I am a part of it all because we were the family club and even though I didn't know a lot of my fellow fan counterparts I felt like we were one. What a feeling that felt like as a kid.

It's Grand Final week and the News Agencies didn't know what was about to hit them. #Excuse me", I would ask the guy behind the counter, "do you have blue and white streamers"? "Of course we do son" he replied. We'll, I practically grabbed the lot. He'd ask, "what are all those for"? And I would look at him with steel eyes and say "my Doggies are in the Grand Final and I am going to dress our house up with them". And so I did, streamers left and right, top to bottom all over the front verandah. Made up posters of players, printed team photos stuck on walls, whatever was blue and white, it got put up. Come into to the house, well enter at your own risk.

This week, Grand Final week and I have to admit, i miss it. Thinking back when all that mattered was winning a Grand Final and being a part of the build up knowing my team was in the Grand Final. I didn't have to care about interest rates, petrol prices or who was in Government. All that mattered was my beloved Bulldogs.

We won a few Grand Finals and I'd be running around the streets with my flag, we lost some and I'd be in tears. But the build up to what I recall as one of the best week's of my life filled with excitement where I will always remember how our club brought joy to mine and everyone's lives that followed the Bulldogs, that's what Rugby League does and so does following such a great club.

my contempt for the NRL and their pets the rotters wont allow me to take any interest in the GF nor will I watch the game on Fox.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Simple times.. Can't see kids caring that much anymore

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Love the post Novdoggie. I didn't put up streamers or anything. But I do know that excited feeling. My whole family are doggies fans and we usually all got together to watch the gf if we couldn't attend it live. Hopefully we're back into the chase next year and genuine contenders.