Who do you expect the board to sign for 20/21 to be returned ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the board fail to sign anyone big for 2020 or 2021 if I were a voting member I wouldn't be voting for any of them to return at the next election. For me I'd be expecting a SBW, Leilua or equivalent for next year and for 2021 at minimum 2 to 3 of the other players below. Who would it take to get your vote if you were a voting member ?

Joey Leilua
Luke Thompson
Sonny Bill Williams
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Joey Manu
Latrell Mitchell
Semi Radradra
Harry Grant
Jesse Ramien
David Fifita

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I already expected 2020 to be basically the same as our 2019 squad/recruitment wise.
SBW for 1 season would be ideal. I would rather we didn't sign him if it was for 2 years.

Latrell
Harry Grant
Fifita or Radradra

Latrell - almost a must for me, sorts out our goal kicking for 5 years (which means we don't HAVE to stick with Meaney). We also get a field goal option, do we even have 1 atm? Latrell is also the best Centre in the game. Potential fullback option down the track.

Grant - solves our Hooker issue, I guess he's a risk because he hasn't played NRL (well 10 minutes...) but he has huge wraps and his stats are insane. I also don't see anyone else available and I don't want to go into 2021 with JMK and Katoa. JMK is a good bench option tho.

Fifita or Radradra - honestly you could interchange them with anyone else on your list, but I think we need impact/explosive players. If we did sign SBW for 2 years it'd mean we wouldn't be able to sign a Fifita, Radradra, etc. I'm still not sure about Napa starting Prop, if we signed Thompson or someone like Taukeiaho I wouldn't mind that either.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I think SBW would have the most impact for next year and yes I agree it should be for 1 season only. Isn't he around 34 now ? I don't know anything about Harry Grant but heaps of people here rate him. For 2021 I'd expect Mitchell or Manu plus Fafita. If we don't get at least 2 players of this calibre then the board achieve a big FAIL I believe and don't deserve to keep their positions.

I think the pressure should already be on. It's a joke they were unable to sign Reece Robson, Brailey or even Koroisau as everybody knew for a long time we needed a good hooker. You would have thought they would have moved heaven and earth to get one of those 3. They couldn't even get Souths reserve grade hooker Billy Brittain (make it 4).

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joey manu/lattrell or semi plus surely with the broncos imploding david fifita wants out

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I think SBW would have the most impact for next year and yes I agree it should be for 1 season only. Isn't he around 34 now ? I don't know anything about Harry Grant but heaps of people here rate him. For 2021 I'd expect Mitchell or Manu plus Fafita. If we don't get at least 2 players of this calibre then the board achieve a big FAIL I believe and don't deserve to keep their positions.

I think the pressure should already be on. It's a joke they were unable to sign Reece Robson, Brailey or even Koroisau as everybody knew for a long time we needed a good hooker. You would have thought they would have moved heaven and earth to get one of those 3. They couldn't even get Souths reserve grade hooker Billy Brittain (make it 4).
SBW??? You blokes are kidding. The mercenary will play for Roosters if anyone next year...Cronks retirement and other offloads frees up over $1.3m....enough to entice SBW and upgrade Mitchell with $200k each in legit (hahaha) TPA's.

Im also kinda glad we didnt go silly for Ramien. Id rather we try get Manu. Matterson would also be a great addition. Also JMK made leaps and bounds and with Api passing us over and us settling for Katoa we have the number 9 spot covered...meaning we wont be spending any more money there.

The potential may be there in 21 to get either Radradra, Staggs or David Fifita. Any would be a great pickup for us.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manu has already come out and said he wants to stay at the Roosters and doesn’t want to leave. Mitchell is more likely out of the two and by far the better player anyway.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manu has already come out and said he wants to stay at the Roosters and doesn’t want to leave. Mitchell is more likely out of the two and by far the better player anyway.
Everyone (99% of players) have a price. I really don't buy him saying that until he's resigned. I want to isn't the same as I will.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
First of all, its not the boards job to sign players, second of all, why dont you actually become a voting member?
With Anderson resigning, who is now on our recruitment committee? Anyone know? Or is Pricey handling it all now.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Which club did Brittain sign for?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need to go all out for Semi Radradra. Its so important having good start to sets, have a look at Parramatta 2017 they were top 4 with him. 2018 Wooden Spoon with no big wingers. 2019 Ferguson and Sivo they get to the second week of finals. Meaney and smith are solid players but almost every time they bring the ball back they get bent and pushed back which gets us on the back foot..... develop Okunbor and bring big Semi we will have very good back 3 with DWZ at fullback

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This should’ve been a PM between Bradtalo and Bradyk haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think we need to go all out for Semi Radradra. Its so important having good start to sets, have a look at Parramatta 2017 they were top 4 with him. 2018 Wooden Spoon with no big wingers. 2019 Ferguson and Sivo they get to the second week of finals. Meaney and smith are solid players but almost every time they bring the ball back they get bent and pushed back which gets us on the back foot..... develop Okunbor and bring big Semi we will have very good back 3 with DWZ at fullback
We have no issue bringing the ball back. I also dunno wtf you're seeing with Smith, he almost always pokes his head through and gets a good play the ball away, workrate has just dropped away over the last year.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW
Latrell

Must haves..!!

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is going to be one painful offseason and we still haven't hit summer.

Fuck me

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have no issue bringing the ball back. I also dunno wtf you're seeing with Smith, he almost always pokes his head through and gets a good play the ball away, workrate has just dropped away over the last year.
Smith can’t find his front quick enough. Okunbor actually breaks through and gets quick ptb