Reaction score
1) hire a salary cap scapegoat
2) cheat the salary cap using that 1 guy
3) if anybody finds out about the cheating then we fire that guy
4) the nrl cant do anything because he is a private citizen lol

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most punters said SBW main factor in their previous Premiership, Cronk in their last and again the main influencer in this years'.

Robinson has had the best, on paper, team for a few years, yet can't deliver without the help of these superstars. Poosters the whole lot of 'em.
He was still doing ok with chokers and dog fuckers like pearce there.
His recruitment is top notch. Money, cheating, coaching whatever wendog. He gets it done.
Half there players no other club wanted or has even had a decent dig at stealing.
They are all only following the formula we layed out in early 2000 s.
Then we got caught

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His recruitment is top notch. Money, cheating, coaching whatever wendog. He gets it done.
Half there players no other club wanted or has even had a decent dig at stealing.
Then we got caught
I readily admit I'm jealous and would not have a problem if we were us lol.

But how long can an uneven comp be sustained until it becomes totally irrelevant to the greater RL public.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1) hire a salary cap scapegoat
2) cheat the salary cap using that 1 guy
3) if anybody finds out about the cheating then we fire that guy
4) the nrl cant do anything because he is a private citizen lol
Oh yeah. Let's use the Broncos formula. How would that go down if it were us...kinda thinking not the same.

The best thing we could do to get into Top 4 is gift 10%, then sell another 20%, shares in the club to Newscorp to get them on our side and give us a free go to do as we please, with biased, favourable publicity.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Then we got caught
The point is we cannot get away with what the roosters do

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Roosters' aren't cheating the cap... they're a successful club so they have pick of the crop for value. Players want success or money. Probably somewhere between the both. The Roosters' will lose players if other clubs offer them a lot of money, e.g. Latrell, Manu, Taukeiaho, JWH, etc.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Roosters' aren't cheating the cap... they're a successful club so they have pick of the crop for value. Players want success or money. Probably somewhere between the both. The Roosters' will lose players if other clubs offer them a lot of money, e.g. Latrell, Manu, Taukeiaho, JWH, etc.
If been saying this for a long time, look at their team, some of the best players last signed a deal before they had even made first grade or at most played 15 games, they have just had a lot of luck with the way the timing has worked out, once 2021 rolls around it'll be a different story as they will have Mitchell and Manu both off contract for the first time since they become genuine stars.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If been saying this for a long time, look at their team, some of the best players last signed a deal before they had even made first grade or at most played 15 games, they have just had a lot of luck with the way the timing has worked out, once 2021 rolls around it'll be a different story as they will have Mitchell and Manu both off contract for the first time since they become genuine stars.
They rarely develop juniors and pay massive amounts (overs Brady) to secure the best of the young talent from other clubs. They then claim their players are on low amounts until they are released but then apparently they were on big dollars allowing the roosters to sign the likes of Cronk and Tedesco. They are constantly upgrading players as all clubs have to and apparently the NRL ensure contracts are only registered if they are close to market value. Of course they are cheating and all of the ex players that openly joke and talk about it aren’t making it up

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They rarely develop juniors and pay massive amounts (overs Brady) to secure the best of the young talent from other clubs. They then claim their players are on low amounts until they are released but then apparently they were on big dollars allowing the roosters to sign the likes of Cronk and Tedesco. They are constantly upgrading players as all clubs have to and apparently the NRL ensure contracts are only registered if they are close to market value. Of course they are cheating and all of the ex players that openly joke and talk about it aren’t making it up
In the last few years they've lost RTS, Maloney, Pearce, Jennings, SBW, Minichiello etc. Lets stop making up a false narrative to make ourselves feel better.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few points that many may have missed.
We have had a lot of the stars that we developed, Pay Dymock Smith and Mckercan during the Sl war, we then lost SBW, Later Mason and recently Klemmer, we lost all these players while they were under contract, it is clear that all became unhappy, and I'm certain that a rival club --clubs through their managers or some 3rd party, turned those player against our club and they had to be let go.
What we can be certain off is that none of the Roosters players appear to have become unhappy and started kicking stones.
So are we to believe that us or any of the other of the 14 clubs have not put out feelers to try and get some of there stars to break their contracts.
Or have the Roosters by "whatever means" managed to keep their players happy and stop other clubs poaching their players mid contract

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In the last few years they've lost RTS, Maloney, Pearce, Jennings, SBW, Minichiello etc. Lets stop making up a false narrative to make ourselves feel better.
Compare the players we’ve lost and our position now just to see how flawed that argument is. We lose players and end up with kids. They lose players and end up with a team of internationals and even some in reserve grade! Minichiello retired FIVE years ago mate

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Compare the players we’ve lost and our position now just to see how flawed that argument is. We lose players and end up with kids. They lose players and end up with a team of internationals and even some in reserve grade! Minichiello retired FIVE years ago mate
In that time we gave T-Rex 500k, Bmoz 750k, Foran $1m, Klemmer 700k, Mbye 700k, thats the difference.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had a lot of the stars that we developed, Pay Dymock Smith and Mckercan during the Sl war, we then lost SBW, Later Mason and recently Klemmer, we lost all these players while they were under contract, it is clear that all became unhappy, and I'm certain that a rival club --clubs through their managers or some 3rd party, turned those player against our club and they had to be let go.
What we can be certain off is that none of the Roosters players appear to have become unhappy and started kicking stones.
So are we to believe that us or any of the other of the 14 clubs have not put out feelers to try and get some of there stars to break their contracts.
Or have the Roosters by "whatever means" managed to keep their players happy and stop other clubs poaching their players mid contract
Yeah its funny how living in Bondi, winning minor premierships and premierships whilst playing for one of the best man manager coaches in the league can lead to players wanting to stay.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In that time we gave T-Rex 500k, Bmoz 750k, Foran $1m, Klemmer 700k, Mbye 700k, thats the difference.
The figures aren’t accurate but I do get your point. They do things better than other clubs but still obviously cheat though. I get it about Bondi. I hate Sydney but of course I’d rather live there if I had to choose between there and Belmore. I still don’t get how they can pay massive unders for internationals with the salary cap rules

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention they have another couple of mill in brown paper bag sponsorship

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get what you are pointing out mate but:
RTS - was on peanuts compared to 1 mil for Tedesco
Pearce - was not on a mil that Cronk is on
Jennings - took near on double current Roosters Salary to leave, Mitchell/Manu. These would be on well less than market value (until next contract comes along)
SBW - Crichton
Minni - Too long ago to worry about current $$, Im sure their gun Reserve Player Hall and BMoz take care of that anyway.

Then we throw in Cordner, Keary Friend, JWH bla bla bla on well more than minimum contracts.

Do I believe they are cheating the cap, of course I do. They just talk the talk better.

Just my opinion though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Brown paper bags to player agents as well. That way EVERYBODY is happy and invested in keeping it on the quiet.

Politis has far reaching influence with media, TV, sales, club/hotel management positions and can offer life after footy promises as well in a nice neat bundle. With what they offer after footy, you don't mess with those advantages if you know what's good for you.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brown paper bags to player agents as well. That way EVERYBODY is happy and invested in keeping it on the quiet.

Politis has far reaching influence with media, TV, sales, club/hotel management positions and can offer life after footy promises as well in a nice neat bundle. With what they offer after footy, you don't mess with those advantages if you know what's good for you.
I would also add that Ch9 is Politis's right arm, All the other clubs particularly Sydney based ones will always struggle while Ch9 supports the Roosters, I can't see that changing any time soon..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So given the turnover of players, administrators, coaches and support staff the Roosters have had over the past decade, none of them, and I mean NONE of them have seen fit to dob us in for these under the table payments? Not even those gutter dwelling scum, the player agent, having seen their player moved on has been motivated to dob us in?

Some of you are hysterical...in both ways.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait until the latest manager scandal hits the press, i'm sure a lot will come out if there is anything that was not above board.