Keary Hair Pull

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So a fend is bad and a pulling of the hair and a high shot is ok ?
No, it is not ok, but since the first infringement was the fend, shouldn't the penalty have first gone to the roosters? Sure the judiciary may later deal with Keary if deemed punishable, but in the moment the penalty goes first to roosters (I believe this is the way it goes, please correct me if I am wrong).

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
No, it is not ok, but since the first infringement was the fend, shouldn't the penalty have first gone to the roosters? Sure the judiciary may later deal with Keary if deemed punishable, but in the moment the penalty goes first to roosters (I believe this is the way it goes, please correct me if I am wrong).
A fend to the face happens every game a hair pull is a grub act

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Dumb hair deserves to be pulled.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hair pulling gets a suspension, fmd this game has gone soft.

Next some player will complain because someone brushed up against their dick in a tackle and they took offence.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hair pulling gets a suspension, fmd this game has gone soft.

Next some player will complain because someone brushed up against their dick in a tackle and they took offence.
Unless your name is Anthony Watts and in that case you bite it.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My hair is very short.

You can't fend towards the face, which is what Kaufusi did. Penalty should have been given to Roosters.
What a load of shit.

High fends are allowed in League, unless the referee rules that the fend is too forceful, constituting a strike rather than a push, which clearly wasnt a strike.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
What I'm confused about is why you are allowed to do an open hand palm to a defenders face when carrying the ball - but if you open hand slap someone it's a penalty.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What I'm confused about is why you are allowed to do an open hand palm to a defenders face when carrying the ball - but if you open hand slap someone it's a penalty.
Because a slap is a strike while a fend is not a strike

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can call them different names but they are essentially exactly the same thing we are talking about.
Slapping and fending is not the same at all.

Slapping requires alot more force then a fend.

Have you ever slapped as ass from behind? You can fend an ass as much as you want, but it aint ever gonna leave a hand imprint or red rosey cheeks.

On the other hand, slapping an ass, well if you have done it, there is no need for me to explain it to you

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Slapping and fending is not the same at all.

Slapping requires alot more force then a fend.

Have you ever slapped as ass from behind? You can fend an ass as much as you want, but it aint ever gonna leave a hand imprint or red rosey cheeks.

On the other hand, slapping an ass, well if you have done it, there is no need for me to explain it to you
Both end up with the same result. An open hand in the face and both lead to the other party wanting to get revenge.

My point is that banning punching and slapping doesn't fix the problem the NRL thought it had. It simply transferred the problem into other areas.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the fend was way too forceful tbh, seemed like a strike

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a load of shit.

High fends are allowed in League, unless the referee rules that the fend is too forceful, constituting a strike rather than a push, which clearly wasnt a strike.
No, high fends are not allowed in league. It is clear in the rule book. How can people not comprehend this?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a smart prick eh?

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On a positive note the camera work that captured that hair on the grass is pretty fckn amazing...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, high fends are not allowed in league. It is clear in the rule book. How can people not comprehend this?
In every game i have ever played or watched i dont ever remember myself or anyone ever being penalised for it.
If a tackler is going in with his head up trying to wrap up ball, deserves a big palm to the face imo.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only a hair pull??
Let me rip some off your hair and say it’s only a hair pull.
It’s a grub attack and it was intentional,
Keary couldn’t hack he got palmed off so he acts like a little bitch and goes for the hair.
Its a **** act, and is up there with biting, chinese burns and nipple cripples.