News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
you obviously never heard of the ewing theory, there is a long list of teams who lost the best player and went on to do better

I remember explaining this before the 2014 season to doomsday people who couldn't handle that we let barba go, and we ended up making the grand final and could have won it with normal luck, so its a thing
No doubt that's true. But I was just making a simple point that in general teams that lose their best or best few players will undoubtedly go backwards to some degree.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, they probably are missing some of his strike power.... but he certainly angered some senior teammates.
lol like political activist David Pocock? Who has so much virtue dripping off of him that he refused to get married until gays could.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He played with them for many years and didn’t make much of a difference, tbh. They lost to much worse sides than Wales with Folau at the back.
I'm not saying that Australia definitely would've won with him in the side, but the decision to punt your best attacking weapon just before the World Cup is so LOL-able that all the world's comedians combined couldn't put together a stand-up show funnier.

If that's how much Australia value the Rugby World Cup, they simply shouldn't have turned up!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not saying that Australia definitely would've won with him in the side, but the decision to punt your best attacking weapon just before the World Cup is so LOL-able that all the world's comedians combined couldn't put together a stand-up show funnier.

If that's how much Australia value the Rugby World Cup, they simply shouldn't have turned up!
Lol you act like he is the difference between them being a good team and a shot team. The reality is, he’s been in the team for years and the team has still been shithouse. The ARU made the right decision for its own financial survival, the court will back it up and the team is going no worse than it was eith him in the team, anyway.

The idiot only has himself to blame for the predicament he is in.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lol you act like he is the difference between them being a good team and a shot team. The reality is, he’s been in the team for years and the team has still been shithouse. The ARU made the right decision for its own financial survival, the court will back it up and the team is going no worse than it was eith him in the team, anyway.

The idiot only has himself to blame for the predicament he is in.
For standing up for his faith and interpreting the bible?

Whatever.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
For standing up for his faith and interpreting the bible?

Whatever.
His interpretive skills leave a lot to be desired. The Bible does NOT advocate vilifying others for no constructive purpose. He’s never going to change minds by sharing a Hellfire and brimstone social media post, which makes his actions completely non constructive. He’s going to have to find himself a new employer and he’s only hot himself to blame.

Standing up for his faith? Lol.... he doesn’t even understand it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
His interpretive skills leave a lot to be desired. The Bible does NOT advocate vilifying others for no constructive purpose. He’s never going to change minds by sharing a Hellfire and brimstone social media post, which makes his actions completely non constructive. He’s going to have to find himself a new employer and he’s only hot himself to blame.

Standing up for his faith? Lol.... he doesn’t even understand it.
Do you know that a lot of Atheists don't believe that hell exists? You're probably one of them yourself. So... I'm trying to understand how people are offended by his posts when he quotes from a book they don't follow and a place they don't believe exists.

It's like me saying that the tooth fairy will deprive me of chocolate in the land of milk honey because I ate chocolate on Earth <-- that sounds bonkers to me as I'm sure Izzy's post sounds bonkers to them - BUT I'm not offended by it. I'm trying to figure out how they are offended by Izzy's post. Can you please explain to me how they are offended by it?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you know that a lot of Atheists don't believe that hell exists? You're probably one of them yourself. So... I'm trying to understand how people are offended by his posts when he quotes from a book they don't follow and a place they don't believe exists.

It's like me saying that the tooth fairy will deprive me of chocolate in the land of milk honey because I ate chocolate on Earth <-- that sounds bonkers to me as I'm sure Izzy's post sounds bonkers to them - BUT I'm not offended by it. I'm trying to figure out how they are offended by Izzy's post. Can you please explain to me how they are offended by it?
Hell exists in the form of women.
Explains why a lot of married men wakeup one day and decide they are gay.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
First I had to put up with Folau spamming me. Now God himself is spamming me...

Banned
Reaction score
Best take note and meekly comply my friend, as it is you that was chosen!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best take note and meekly comply my friend, as it is you that was chosen!
I already repented. I sacrificed a goat to Odin and now I await death in battle so I may live on in Valhalla.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I already repented. I sacrificed a goat to Odin and now I await death in battle so I may live on in Valhalla.
My beard automatically gains me entry into Valhalla lol

Unless Odin has beard envy lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
So Australia suffer their worst ever World Cup loss.

somehow, I think, I just THINK, that if their #1 choice fullback AND best attacking weapon was playing, the outcome wouldn’t have been so bad.

Aunty Raerae well done.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

somehow, I think, I just THINK, that if their #1 choice fullback AND best attacking weapon was playing, the outcome wouldn’t have been so bad.

Aunty Raerae well done.
Still would have lost by a decent amount. Possibly slightly less.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Aunty Raerae well done.
I was hoping they would beat the Poms so the All Blacks would of beat them 80-0 lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still would have lost by a decent amount. Possibly slightly less.
I don't think he would of helped at all tbh. Probably would be worse as the duds would probably just pass to him to do something.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Aunty Raerae well done.
No man..Australia was dominated at the breakdown..the Poms where able to force a number of turnovers..that’s why flanker Tom Curry was man of the match..he played all over captain Hooper and Pocock..and that is no mean feat as they are the best in the business..particularly Pocock, who is one of the Wallabies best ever at the breakdown..Add that to the Pommies front row who overpowered the Aussies..Plus England defensively were top notch..their defensive was adjusted for each part of the field..and the areas where Australia attack from.. Additionally The Wallabies haven’t got a kicker of any note..hence why they get isolated and caught in trouble..a lot..

So all in all..to be perfectly honest Folau would have made bugger all difference to the outcome against the top sides like England..the lower sides yes..but not high quality ones..

But last night they were outplayed and out coached..Cheika actually just quit..and by a former Wallaby coach no less..as they have been for the last few years..with Folau or not..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.