Opinion Is Cronk better than Thurston?

Thurston vs Cronk - who is better?

• Total voters

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but JT didn't really win that grand final... yes he kicked the field goal, but Morgan saved his bacon
Just because he wasn’t the best player in the GF doesn’t mean he wasn’t a massive part of the Cowboys winning that premiership.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just because he wasn’t the best player in the GF doesn’t mean he wasn’t a massive part of the Cowboys winning that premiership.
That's true, I just think Cronk is the better big game player

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronk by far can play to a plan is not selfish worked hard to be the player he is today always took Unders to stay at Melbourne although he is worth a lot more only hit the million mark last year money wise He probley is the only Melbourne player I liked he made the other players around him great

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we had Cronk steering our team we make top four.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When people compare them in 20 years, no one will care about who went where. Success and legacy is measured in Premierships, not the quality of the roster around you
That doesn’t mean the quAlity of players around you isn’t important.... it would be silly to say otherwise. Cronk has had a luxury not many elite players have.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without Cooper Cronk the Roosters don’t have the chance to go back to back. As a footballer JT has more X factor but as an influence it’s Cronk.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thurston hands down.

Cronk is a legend of the game but let’s not be delusional. He’s been at the two biggest cheating clubs ever.

The players Cronk has “made better” are and should be top players in there positions.

Tedesco - Coote ffs

Latrell/manu - linnett

Let’s not kid ourselves into falling for the storm/rooster rosters being comparable to cowboys or anyone else. They cheat worse than anyone bar maybe broncos! They just do it successfully.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That doesn’t mean the quAlity of players around you isn’t important.... it would be silly to say otherwise. Cronk has had a luxury not many elite players have.
Maybe, but it shouldn't be used to subtract from Cronk's resumè. Nobody forced Thurston to stay at the Cowboys.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thurston hands down. Cronk been surrounded by super stars. End of argument

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe, but it shouldn't be used to subtract from Cronk's resumè. Nobody forced Thurston to stay at the Cowboys.
Nobody forced him, but loyalty is commendable. Cronk had the opportunity to help a struggling team and secure his legacy as one of the best ever snd he took the easy option. He’s an excellent player, but will never be on the level of Smith or JT in my eyes.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw what is this bullshit about him appearing in 9 grand finals

they were stripped of titles so they should also be stripped of grand final appearances

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody forced him, but loyalty is commendable. Cronk had the opportunity to help a struggling team and secure his legacy as one of the best ever snd he took the easy option. He’s an excellent player, but will never be on the level of Smith or JT in my eyes.
Head to head in finals smith has never beaten Cronk....
And he would hate that fact

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Head to head in finals smith has never beaten Cronk....
And he would hate that fact
Smith is carrying a roster that while very good, is not hAlf as stacked as the roosters.... and that’s a fact.

I don’t believe the storm would be as good as they are now had Smith left and Cronk stayed.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You call it the easy option, I call it the smart option.

$1 million a year to live and play in an Eastern suburb, with a bunch of young talent, who are ready to win now - potentially solidifying your legacy sounds better then playing further west with a team who might not even make the finals just so you look like the good samaritan.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You call it the easy option, I call it the smart option.

$1 million a year to live and play in an Eastern suburb, with a bunch of young talent, who are ready to win now - potentially solidifying your legacy sounds better then playing further west with a team who might not even make the finals just so you look like the good samaritan.
Well, you can call it the smart option, I suppose, but it doesn’t change the reality that the players around him have made massive contributions to his career success. I stand by my opinion. He isn’t in Smith or JT’s league.... and I think at this stage of his career, the honourable thing to do would have been to give back to the game rather than chase glory and easy premierships with a bunch of dodgy fuckers.

I hope Canberra smash them on Sunday.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its easy, Thurston is the better footballer in the talent department. Cronk is a better organiser, he's always been in the top two teams for talent in the comp to. Would he of gotten us to a premiership this year? Fuck no.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Thurston, daylight, then Cronk.
I don't think Thurston would've let his team get sodomised 40-0 in a Grand Final like Cronk did.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thurston, daylight, then Cronk.
I don't think Thurston would've let his team get sodomised 40-0 in a Grand Final like Cronk did.
I agree with jt being better
But that’s rubbish, Cronk made 9 gf with 2 different clubs
U could also say why didn’t jt get his team to more gf didn’t even get them to 2........
And micheal Morgan won the cowboys the gf and was the better half that season