Opinion Damien cook

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is alittle over done with all the origin stuff and having to be one of souths top players this year

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funny how my posts infuriate some posters. Strange that their all fucken kiwis.
Infuriate?

Brudda, you're just once again showcasing your lack of knowledge and stupidity.

Keep up the good work bud!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck you come out with some outrageous shit
So just what is so outrageous. He weighs 98kgs. Is that big enough in the modern game to be a successful forward?
He has a good future, but not in the forwards, unless its in reggies.
He has a good passing game. He can run the ball. He can do all the things that Lichaa couldnt do.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He's just a decent bloke. Can't wait to hear what that shitbag Lichaa has to say about us.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's just a decent bloke. Can't wait to hear what that shitbag Lichaa has to say about us.
You mean hang out with bikies and sus people, sniff sniff Lichaa?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another gift from des losing cook,prefers keeping a pea heart like trex but let cook go

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else who has been suffering bouts of depression about Cook being let go should keep tonights semi final against the raiders at hand. Not sure if he was injured or drunk but Fuck he was terrible.
That's two Prelims in a row where he has been bog average. He again threw poor passes, couldn't get a run and his miss on big Pap for that last try was piss poor. The thing that really makes me smile is lol@souffs signed him for 5 years on huge money last year but are only now figuring out his actual worth.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's two Prelims in a row where he has been bog average. He again threw poor passes, couldn't get a run and his miss on big Pap for that last try was piss poor. The thing that really makes me smile is lol@souffs signed him for 5 years on huge money last year but are only now figuring out his actual worth.
That Boddington Crescent air must be thin today.. 2 shockers but he's still the second best hooker in the comp and worth what they are paying lol

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You are right - he had two very ordinary games.

I think he is playing injured and looks exhausted. Origin f@cked him this year.

Lets see how he goes next year.

Bennett will release him if he doesn't think he is worth the money he is on.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Boddington Crescent air must be thin today.. 2 shockers but he's still the second best hooker in the comp and worth what they are paying lol
Sorry but the "second best hooker in the comp" doesn't go missing in prelim finals two years in a row.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mate he is the best Hooker in the game at the moment. He can only play as well as his team mates allow him, but when he plays origin and excels, he has a good team all around him that allow him to play like that.

It's the same with Tedesco. He was always talented at the Tigers, but has gone up a gear since joining the chooks as they have a better spine.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate he is the best Hooker in the game at the moment. He can only play as well as his team mates allow him, but when he plays origin and excels, he has a good team all around him that allow him to play like that.

It's the same with Tedesco. He was always talented at the Tigers, but has gone up a gear since joining the chooks as they have a better spine.
Cook is a great player, maybe the second best hooker in the comp but no way he could be considered better than Smith, not this year or any to be honest. The only thing Cook has on Smith is speed, but when it comes to defence, passing, leadership, direction and calling the right plays, Smith is in a league of his own.

I think he has proven he was the best out of the Melbourne big 3, as the last man standing out of the trio at his age to still lead his team to another minor premiership and come within an inch of another grand final is remarkable.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hodgson second best hooker for mine. Cookie 3rd best when in form....and ALL players lose form over their career. Would take him back in a heartbeat.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just heard Damien on a sports podcast asked if he enjoyed his time at the Bulldogs.

His reply was that he did and that we had a great side and that he did NOT want to leave at the time but that’s just how “rugby league works”

Was very interesting to hear him say that

Thoughts?
I know the story re Cook.. yes he did not want to leave.. It was Haslers decision.. Cook and his mum met 2 board members at the time after Hasler made the decision not yo re-sign Cook.. they asked the 2 board members to speak to Hasler to reconsider.. they did but Hasler didnt change his mind..

Banned
Reaction score
I know the story re Cook.. yes he did not want to leave.. It was Haslers decision.. Cook and his mum met 2 board members at the time after Hasler made the decision not yo re-sign Cook.. they asked the 2 board members to speak to Hasler to reconsider.. they did but Hasler didnt change his mind..
and yet, folks don't get why a lot believe Dichead Dessie only came here to sabotage us and get paid a shit load whilst awaiting Manly to forget his sins and beg for him to come back!