Finals Week 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Definitely agree. Yeah the refs were quite shite in the first half, but Storm were off as well. They did well to get back into it but some brain-snaps cruel ed em. Kafusi was a massive loss for them. Wonder of this is the start of the inevitable decline of the Storm. That Addo-Carr knock against Canberra basically ended their season.
Yeah they seem to have a lot of issues when something goes wrong... to many plays are heavily reliant on Munster and Kafusi. I don't know who their halfback is going to be going forward but they'll need to find one asap. Maybe they will be the club to risk it on Sezer (who I think is a better 6) or Ash Taylor...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah they seem to have a lot of issues when something goes wrong... to many plays are heavily reliant on Munster and Kafusi. I don't know who their halfback is going to be going forward but they'll need to find one asap. Maybe they will be the club to risk it on Sezer (who I think is a better 6) or Ash Taylor...
Ash Taylor is a must for mine... Titans allowed him to be lazy and complacent but that doesn't happen at the Storm

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man I can really see the Storm struggling post Smith.. they rely so much on he and Munster, who has been quite in a lot of big games over the past couple of seasons

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot buy the kind of defence we employ in the finals. Two games, 2 tries, that is all hard work and attitude, particularly against other top 4 teams. Fans of other clubs can only dream of having that kind of defensive teamwork.
Attack was not at our best, but we scored enough to win against the best defence in the comp.
We'll go back to back beating the Faiders by 36-4 or they'll beat us 10-8 in a gutter fight.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL investigating an incident in Richmond involving a Storm player....

Probably Munster

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cannot buy the kind of defence we employ in the finals. Two games, 2 tries, that is all hard work and attitude, particularly against other top 4 teams. Fans of other clubs can only dream of having that kind of defensive teamwork.
Attack was not at our best, but we scored enough to win against the best defence in the comp.
We'll go back to back beating the Faiders by 36-4 or they'll beat us 10-8 in a gutter fight.
Souths threw fa at the Roosters and Melbourne never got into any rhythm... but I'm not taking anything away from your Rorters... I have rarely seen them looked threatened all season tbh, great team in a soft comp... perfect back to back scenario

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Melbourne Storm are investigating reports in the Herald Sun of an incident involving a player found in a suburb in Melbourne this morning.
The Herald Sun is reporting an ambulance was called after a player was found on a doorstep of a house in Richmond on Monday morning.

The report says the player did not play in Saturday’s preliminary final loss to the Roosters in Sydney.

Storm have confirmed to Fox Sports they are looking into the report.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It was Harry Grant. Nothing story.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ash Taylor is a must for mine... Titans allowed him to be lazy and complacent but that doesn't happen at the Storm
He won't be able to hack it at the storm for the reasons you stated, too lazy and complacent. Besides he'd more than likely end up crying to his dad when bellyache goes nuclear at him for making an error

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He won't be able to hack it at the storm for the reasons you stated, too lazy and complacent. Besides he'd more than likely end up crying to his dad when bellyache goes nuclear at him for making an error

I agree.. and that's a decision he has to make no matter where he ends up.. is this what he wants... because the kid obviously has the skill, just lacks the commitment.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody gives a rats about a cheating side.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a nuance to the law I didn't know about. Because the souffs player had the intention of getting out of the ingoal, the grounding of the arm holding the ball didn't count. Raiders try
I've watched this game again (love seeing lol@souffs lose) and I'm sure Croker is offside when Hodgson dislodges the ball. Hodgson is in the field of play when he dislodges the ball from the souffs player, Croker is in goal, Croker then steps back into the field of play and grounds the ball. Watch the replay from the side on view, it's as clear as day Croker is offside.

I thought the rule was only the player touching the ball can put another player back onside, so Hodgson would have to get up and run past the point where he touched the ball to put Croker back onside before he can ground it?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like this one.

Surrender Tackle

Occurs when the player in possession surrenders his run in or at the line.

Defender are permitted to work the player on the ground, move to a bear hug position, lay on the player

in possession or spin to the front of the tackle.

It is the sole responsibility of the Referee to identify this tackle.

** If a player surrenders, he cannot be lifted or dragged into touch or in-goal. **

Not sure why im getting strikethrough the wording??