GWS into the Grand Final

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just tuned in, I assume the Giants have absolutely shit the bed?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Tigers destroying the hopes and dreams of AFL in Sydney lol

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Got Dusty 3+ goals / Richo to win @ $7
Fucking booya!

I really thought GWS would stay within 20-25 points, but this is fucking embarrassing. Not even worth watching the 4th quarter.
Tigers are getting it from end to end with zero effort and GWS haven't had an answer since the first quarter.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers destroying the hopes and dreams of AFL in Sydney lol
In a way, yes, but the fact that GWS beat the Pies and made it to the GF is a huge achievement in itself.
As embarrassing as the score line might be now, they've defeated the odds to make it this far. I think people will sit up and take a bit more notice of them in Sydney from here on forth, considering nobody supports the Roosters, and the other two NRL teams are out of Sydney, plus everyone loves an underdog story.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In a way, yes, but the fact that GWS beat the Pies and made it to the GF is a huge achievement in itself.
As embarrassing as the score line might be now, they've defeated the odds to make it this far. I think people will sit up and take a bit more notice of them in Sydney from here on forth, considering nobody supports the Roosters, and the other two NRL teams are out of Sydney, plus everyone loves an underdog story.
Would have been a bigger blow to the confidence if they were a top team all year, but they will grow from this and hopefully get one in the next few years

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless Punchbowl isn’t in Greater Western Sydney and they are at war with YOUR NRL TEAM. You shouldn’t support them in any way.
Nah they're not. AFL is at war with NRL, NRL is at war with A-League, all sports are at war with each other. But I'm not going to stop watching one sport in spite of another.

GWS aren't at war with the Bulldogs. They're at war with the Swans.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the support they showed for the bloke on debut, Dusty could have taken the shot for goal, instead he chose to set it up for Pickett, and the way they came from all over the field to hug him, shows that every single one of them plays for each other.

This is how close every single player has to be, to win a grand final.
Canberra are like this, very close knit bunch that are always there to support each other instead of hanging their heads when their team mates drops a balls or misses a tackle.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at the score, more like 1st v last.
First vs last would have been a 150 point thrashing :tearsofjoy:
The suns where the equivalent of a bye round, but easier to get through.

The only team to have put up a half decent game against Richo today would have been the Pies, but they're massive chokers. Instead of choking in the GF like last year, they choked against a team they were supposed to easily beat in the prelim.
In a way, GWS probably did overachieve, but respect to them for trying.

Banned
Reaction score
Bahaha, not a fucking chance that AFL is a risk to NRL in this town with a comedic performance like that turned in for the supposedly most important match of the season.
AFL might as well ship GWS off to their next franchise and take South Melbourne Swans back to their heartland and save themselves from further embarrassment!

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I don't know too much about afl, but I think if gws can cut back on the man-bobs, then they'll only get better.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did they even turn up for the game... what an absolute joke. How the he'll do you only score 25 points in a game... you have 3 bloody goals to aim at

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless Punchbowl isn’t in Greater Western Sydney and they are at war with YOUR NRL TEAM. You shouldn’t support them in any way.
It's how I see it too. Also for me I have no interest in watching this garbage

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's how I see it too. Also for me I have no interest in watching this garbage
Yep.

Also @Hacky McAxe they aren’t at war with the Swans, they are in partnership with them. Any team that buys an NRL player for a bucket load of cash and sets up a team in the heartland in a region where that player grew up (Folau, western suburbs) is at war with us.