Israel Folau back

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
You really think nrl fans are representative of wider public opinion? Most of them would be voting pretty specifically as sporting fans if they don’t have a particularly strong view one way or another. I think you’ll find their opinion isn’t really reflective of our society as a whole.... and they certainly wouldn’t feel strongly enough snout it to let it turn them off the game.

And wait.... aren’t you saying PC people are the minority? Why would they be afraid of themselves? Come on, man. You’re not even making sense.

Personally, I’m all for second chances.... but I think if Folau insists on stubbornly standing by a post which was non constructive and divisive and is not really representative of true Christian values while portraying himself as a man of integrity, he deserves what he gets.

He’s all about chasing the coin.
Why should we worry about the opinions of people who don't even watch the game?

Do you think kicking Izzy out will bring in more fans, turn more away, or make no real difference?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
That won’t happen, I don’t think. The money is too important to them and in the 21st century, any professional sporting code is going to take a similar stance. They all have to worry about sponsors and the vast majority of companies don’t want to associate with that sort of divisive nonsense.

They are all entitled to believe what they believe.... but if they want to continue to earn top dollar as athletes, they will have to realise they are representing the whole Australian community and be a bit more diplomatic. They may jump codes, but if they think the nrl would react any differently to them repeatedly sharing posts similar in nature to Folau’s, they would be mistaken.
Sadly I agree. Free speech is being quickly eroded in this country.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why should we worry about the opinions of people who don't even watch the game?

Do you think kicking Izzy out will bring in more fans, turn more away, or make no real difference?
I think having him involved in a code would turn people away, tbh. Those who agree with him probably aren’t going to turn away from the fans just because he isn’t there, but some who strongly disagree with him probably would turn away if he is there, because it’s hard to look up yo someone who openly looks down on you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sadly I agree. Free speech is being quickly eroded in this country.
Free speech isn’t really the issue. Free speech gives people the legal right to speak their minds.... it doesn’t protect people from consequences of what they say and never has.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Free speech isn’t really the issue. Free speech gives people the legal right to speak their minds.... it doesn’t protect people from consequences of what they say and never has.
It is a free speech issue why else are they trying to gag peoples opinions. Soon we won't have freedom of thought either.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fixed your post for you
Even you can agree that the world we live in now is full of snow flakes who get triggered far too easily. I guarantee you if Izzy wrote something like this on social media 10 years ago no one would’ve even cared. It’s sad to think that this is the world we live in today.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even you can agree that the world we live in. Is is full of snow flakes who get triggered far too easily. I guarantee you if Izzy wrote something like this on social media 10 years ago no one would’ve even cared. It’s sad to think that this is the world we live in today.
How the Fuck that it was "acceptable" 10, 20 Or however long you want to put it, make it acceptable in any age, given what we understand about bigotry and its implications today.

You want to talk about "snowflakes" let's talk about snowflakes.

Banners in the city of a SECULAR country say "happy holidays" instead of "merry xmas" - snowflakes triggered

ONE cake in woolies that says "happy parents day" amongst 50 other cakes that say "happy fathers day" - snowflakes triggered

ONE type of Cadbury chocolate that says "chocolate eggs" amongst many other varieties of Cadbury chocolate that say "Easter eggs/chocolates" - snowflakes triggered

Big W buy cheap made fake trees from a Chinese manufacture (who ships those trees to many different countries ) which doesn't say "Christmas tree" on the packaging - snowflakes triggered

Ssm proponents arguing that the government should do ITS ELECTED JOB and have a vote in parliament to pass SSM without a plebiscite but snowflakes want their public say to make up all kinds of lying bullshit about lgbt community. And then certain government snowflakes who pushed for the plebiscite then refuse to vote because their electorate didn't vote the way they wanted (in fact this fuckwits electorate voted 73% in favour of ssm and this fuckwit like the piece of shit he is ran from parliament without voting)

When a radio shock jock makes misogynist comments and then receives a consumer backlash, snowflakes are triggered because of the backlash

But yeh sure snowflakes.

And yeh sure, we should go back 60 years in this country where indigenous people weren't even considered human, because it was "acceptable" back then

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Abuse your boss or a member of their family snd see how that works out for you. Free speech has NEVER existed without potential consequences.
I've actually got experience of having to handle Christian extremist and white supremacist talk in my place of employment. 5 different cases and one of those actually used the "free speech" argument. Let's just say when solicitors and barristers got involved it didn't end up well for them.

So all these people speaking out of their arses about "free speech" haven't got a fucking clue

Believe it or not the law is crystal clear on this

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Abuse your boss or a member of their family snd see how that works out for you. Free speech has NEVER existed without potential consequences.
Let's just agree to disagree. I accept not everyone will agree or has to agree politically or religiously and this will always be the case. People need to remind themselves that not everybody has to think the same and have the right to their own opinions. Too many Marxist wannabes out there..

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
How the Fuck that it was "acceptable" 10, 20 Or however long you want to put it, make it acceptable in any age, given what we understand about bigotry and its implications today.

You want to talk about "snowflakes" let's talk about snowflakes.

Banners in the city of a SECULAR country say "happy holidays" instead of "merry xmas" - snowflakes triggered

ONE cake in woolies that says "happy parents day" amongst 50 other cakes that say "happy fathers day" - snowflakes triggered

ONE type of Cadbury chocolate that says "chocolate eggs" amongst many other varieties of Cadbury chocolate that say "Easter eggs/chocolates" - snowflakes triggered

Big W buy cheap made fake trees from a Chinese manufacture (who ships those trees to many different countries ) which doesn't say "Christmas tree" on the packaging - snowflakes triggered

Ssm proponents arguing that the government should do ITS ELECTED JOB and have a vote in parliament to pass SSM without a plebiscite but snowflakes want their public say to make up all kinds of lying bullshit about lgbt community. And then certain government snowflakes who pushed for the plebiscite then refuse to vote because their electorate didn't vote the way they wanted (in fact this fuckwits electorate voted 73% in favour of ssm and this fuckwit like the piece of shit he is ran from parliament without voting)

When a radio shock jock makes misogynist comments and then receives a consumer backlash, snowflakes are triggered because of the backlash

But yeh sure snowflakes.

And yeh sure, we should go back 60 years in this country where indigenous people weren't even considered human, because it was "acceptable" back then
Do you want to know why they are triggered? Because Australia was predominantly a Christian country and also settled by the British, and until recently, COE was the dominant religion in Australian even more so than Catholicism. The history and origin ties of this countries founding will ALWAYS be that if Christianity and this was said by Julia Gillard when she was PM, a woman who herself is Athiest.

The laws changed because of SSM snowflakes, NOT conservative political views.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let's just agree to disagree. I accept not everyone will agree or has to agree politically or religiously and this will always be the case. People need to remind themselves that not everybody has to think the same and have the right to their own opinions. Too many Marxist wannabes out there..
Yeah those damn Marxists and their agenda to promote respect and basic human decency.... lol.

Give, agree to disagree, man. But the law is not going to gone down on Izzy’s side on this one. Maybe the rich, greedy arsehole can crowd fund a biopic - The Persecution of Izzy. I’m sure he’ll find a way to keep the dollars rolling in.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you want to know why they are triggered? Because Australia was predominantly a Christian country and also settled by the British, and until recently, COE was the dominant religion in Australian even more so than Catholicism. The history and origin ties of this countries founding will ALWAYS be that if Christianity and this was said by Julia Gillard when she was PM, a woman who herself is Athiest.

The laws changed because of SSM snowflakes, NOT conservative political views.
Well there it is ladies and gents!!!

This isn't about a loss of rights, this is all about keeping the status quo, keeping the privilege, telling minorities to stay in their place and not speak up, about Christian "superiority ".

I guess love thy neighbour has conditions on it

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well there it is ladies and gents!!!

This isn't about a loss of rights, this is all about keeping the status quo, keeping the privilege, telling minorities to stay in their place and not speak up, about Christian "superiority ".

I guess love thy neighbour has conditions on it
Loss of rights? If I go to work and quote something homophobic on my Facebook profile and get fired, so you honestly think I would lose an unfair dismissal case in court? Of course not. Israel Folau shouldn’t either.