Opinion Damien cook

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes we do agree on Haslers not wanting him but Souths did offer him a bigger contract to make sure they got him.

Both were factors. I think Maguire dangling a FG spot carrot in front of him was also a contributing factor.

Why stay where you are not wanted on less money, even if you love the place when you can go elsewhere, be more highly valued and get payed better for it.

The whole overall package from souths was an offer he couldn't refuse.
Hasler wanted him but Suffs offered starter hooker money. We couldnt match their offer. Cooks not a youngster so took the coin to try set his family up. The rest is history.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im beginning to think you having nothing to say to want to throw stones at other posters. Grow up and form an opinion about the issues discussed or take your immature drivel elsewhere,

Honestly, It's all a bit of fun, stop taking it so seriously and getting so butt hurt with the things you read. The only stones I throw are at people who are pompous know it alls that think they are never wrong, people who take this forum way too seriously and get angry, or are abusive at myself or other users without provocation. Most of the stuff I say is purely in jest, if you don't like it use the ignore button

Last edited:

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone else who has been suffering bouts of depression about Cook being let go should keep tonights semi final against the raiders at hand. Not sure if he was injured or drunk but Fuck he was terrible.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else who has been suffering bouts of depression about Cook being let go should keep tonights semi final against the raiders at hand. Not sure if he was injured or drunk but Fuck he was terrible.
Cant do much when your forwards are useless.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. He was awful. Passes not hitting the mark. Few missed crucial tackles. Unless he gets quick PTBs. He’s your run of the mill hooker.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cook relies on quick play the balls and tonight refs let both sides slow the ruck and they swallowed there whistles. So he couldn’t get a running start and marker defence was good from raiders also

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cook is copping a bit of shit on social media but I personally thought he looked threatening quite a few times when he had the ball, just didn't have any help from the players around him bar Murray

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Cook is copping a bit of shit on social media but I personally thought he looked threatening quite a few times when he had the ball, just didn't have any help from the players around him bar Murray
Cook has been quiet for the 3 finals game, not sure what’s going on with him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cook has been quiet for the 3 finals game, not sure what’s going on with him.

interesting... because I saw him create opportunities tonight but would subsequently run into a dead end as he had no players running off of him besides when Murray was there... feel like that's the issue with Souths, they seem dependent on certain players doing everything themselves... Cook and Murray have been running the side for a few months now and although Walker was good tonight, has hardly been sighted the since origin, and Reynolds had his only good game in months last week

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He was solid with us but at the Rabbitohs he turned into a rep player probably because of the incredible competition for the 9 jersey at that time.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dean Britt is a capable player. He will improve with time. The only drawback seems to be his lack of size.
He may even develop into a 9.
He’s 6’4” so the same height as his dad and very lanky but Darren was 10kg heavier but also played prop. Dean could definitely do with adding 5kg of muscle

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Britt went well and doesn't mind getting amongst it. He's also got a pass in him which is a bonus.