SBW secret hand shake to play for bulldogs in 2020

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand the bit about integrity though your employer must also show some integrity/decency and not abuse/use you if they know they have something good on their hands if its coming cheap.
How is it abuse though?

The club did not have to sign you. They have a choice. As I said, the market sets the price, and if you only have one club chasing, then you're shit out of luck.

Again, the CNK scenario, when paired with Matterson, shows this scenario perfectly. If the Tigers dug their heels in and said to Matterson "Okay Ryan, here's the deal. We signed you for $350k and you're performing well above our expectations. We have no room in the cap to upgrade you for another year or so. We can discuss options next year, once we have more to work with." They are effectively saying we are going to pay you what we agreed 12 months ago. There is NOTHING wrong with that. I would never call this abuse.

If it was CNK who had the above scenario, who was signed to a 2 year-dirt cheap deal - yeah you could argue the point. But if the Raiders are tight on the cap, then it's the same as above. The only difference, is CNK is on damn near basement price. But again, the club are well within their rights to pay what was agreed.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a major sponsor now? Mate I would LOVE for that to be the case. That hideous red Kia logo is freaking bad. They're still here though FFS.
Yeah I heard KIA have gone to Broncos. But staying on with us on the corporate side of things. Just not as a jersey sponsor. Thank god.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I think will happen. If the Roosters win the premiership they will sign SBW. Politis being the man he is would want to win three premierships in a row which no team has done since the 80's

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what I think will happen. If the Roosters win the premiership they will sign SBW. Politis being the man he is would want to win three premierships in a row which no team has done since the 80's
Better not fucking happen !!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW won’t be coming to the Dogs is just a rumour that’s it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I said before...wait for the RWC's end !
Let him win another WC for my All Blacks then he can come help us.

100% we will sign a new major sponsor days after announcing SBW has signed. I don't care if we only use him to get a sponsor and/or just make money off him. He is a dog and a coward but fuck him, he is just a revenue maker and that's all I see him as.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Asked PK on his blog reckons its Wont happen lol.
Was bored at lunch ok :-)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With one spot left ATM, SBW? Nah.