Fox Sports Jack Bird anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bird requested a release to return to Sydney. Broncos confirmed this today.
Heard that he is on about 900k per season although some articles state 800k. To get him off the books Broncos would probably have to stump up a fair proportion of that for the next two years. Having been injury prone since he went to Broncos ( and even before because if I remember rightly there was a big stink kicked up when he moved north as he went there injured)

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/y...k/news-story/119fcf5c2d826fe0a88b260614ccdf9f

Like Milford they just had to have him and there has been a bit of payback for them due to poor form and injury......

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still a gun centre when he's fit in both defence and attack. 400k 2 year contract with the 3rd year in our favour. Broncos topping up the rest.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Heard that he is on about 900k per season although some articles state 800k. To get him off the books Broncos would probably have to stump up a fair proportion of that for the next two years. Having been injury prone since he went to Broncos ( and even before because if I remember rightly there was a big stink kicked up when he moved north as he went there injured)

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/y...k/news-story/119fcf5c2d826fe0a88b260614ccdf9f

Like Milford they just had to have him and there has been a bit of payback for them due to poor form and injury......
Think he only has next year under contract and if he’s asked for a release broncos aren’t held for anything.

That said he’s not worth what he’s on and he’s such an injury risk I would prefer not and sounds like all the clubs think the same. No doubt for the right money they would be interested. He was a talent. Just injury proned and his knees are meant to be fucked.

The injury at sharks was because he busted his sternum and they didn’t check into it and help him properly. Well that’s what the broncos tried to same. Sharks disputed it and said he made it worse at training with broncos from memory.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think he only has next year under contract and if he’s asked for a release broncos aren’t held for anything.

That said he’s not worth what he’s on and he’s such an injury risk I would prefer not and sounds like all the clubs think the same. No doubt for the right money they would be interested. He was a talent. Just injury proned and his knees are meant to be fucked.

The injury at sharks was because he busted his sternum and they didn’t check into it and help him properly. Well that’s what the broncos tried to same. Sharks disputed it and said he made it worse at training with broncos from memory.
Okay but more fool the Broncos then for not getting a medical opinion on him if he was going there busted. Isn't that what they normally do for a guy changing clubs carrying an injury?

He would be silly to have asked for a release, I would say that he is not worth more than 400k per year as is and even then you would want to hope that he would be fully fit and be able to put in a full season. I agree that it would be a bit of a gamble and he would probably have to deal with a substantial cut that being the case.

Just checking zero tackle there is a player option for 2021

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/jack-bird/

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you cannot spend that sort of money on a centre... if Bird was healthy and keen to make a go at fullback or five eighth, then he would be worth a look

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
you cannot spend that sort of money on a centre... if Bird was healthy and keen to make a go at fullback or five eighth, then he would be worth a look
I’d spend 800k on latrell or damn close to it on Joseph manu too.

That said bird was bought by broncos with an intention in the halves i think and agree he isn’t worth that money especially with the injury concerns.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Broncos would chip in, we'd be looking at 400-600k. From what I've seen I'd only want him playing Centre.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had our problems with Keirin Foran and his injuries. I would not want to pay huge money for someone in the same boat.
I would direct the money at Curtis Scott.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had our problems with Keirin Foran and his injuries. I would not want to pay huge money for someone in the same boat.
I would direct the money at Curtis Scott.
Yeah agree, Scott or Rapana would be worth a shot. I'm not a fan of Leilua.
I'd prefer Scott though as we could take him long term. Just really on the fence though tbh, if we could jag someone huge for 2021. Cant see Scott commanding too much $$ though.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the word in the street is correct and Scott wants to move back to Sydney he can happily live in the Shire where a lot of our team currently reside and play for the Dogs. Cronulla can’t afford him so it may be a two horse race between us and Saints with Tigers also possibly in the mix. No question he is an excellent defender, however does he add enough in attack to be our priority for an outside back?

Perfect for us if our other centre is a big attacking threat like Manu

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the word in the street is correct and Scott wants to move back to Sydney he can happily live in the Shire where a lot of our team currently reside and play for the Dogs. Cronulla can’t afford him so it may be a two horse race between us and Saints with Tigers also possibly in the mix. No question he is an excellent defender, however does he add enough in attack to be our priority for an outside back?

Scott has the attack, it's his defense in my opinion that could be a worry.

In saying that, he'd be the centre I'd be chasing hard. Don't think Bellamy wants to get rid of him though.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I just want to sign him because he did something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, punch Dylan Walker in the face!! I’ll chip in the TPAs haha

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Every suggestion that come up on here in the last week majority have said no lmaoo
Bruh who the fuck we want
Who else is available for the right price? I think thats the main problem. Maybe there will be more players available after the season is over? We shall see.

With Bird. Well hes good on his day. Would provide some xfactor that we need more of. But like others, i am concerned about his injuries, especially knees. Once they are gone, they are gone for good in most cases. Sure Lamb played with no knees for a couple of years, but he wasnt required to run fast either. A back needs to run fast.

There has to be someone less risky. He may also be a little pricey for what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.