Barkwest Stadium

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This should be our home ground moving forward.
The bulldogs were known as the Sydney bulldogs for a while and played their home games at Parramatta.

Never liked the Bulldogs having home games outside the Canterbury area.

Concord oval was another ground they used for a while.

Would of been nice if they built a stadium in Bankstown to host games.

I guess their best bet would be to get rid of the cricket ground on chapel road if they were to do that?

Banned
Reaction score
Rotate the layout of the stadium at Belmore would see room for a larger facility, with staff parking and facilities.

O'Neill Park is another option, placed between two stations, and closer to a railway junction and main roads.
Already a natural semi-amphitheatre, so could drop it in reasonably well.
Surrounding area has development approval for substantial upgrades, so acquisition of lands could see a sporting and shopping complex adjacent to each other.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bulldogs were known as the Sydney bulldogs for a while and played their home games at Parramatta.

Never liked the Bulldogs having home games outside the Canterbury area.

Concord oval was another ground they used for a while.

Would of been nice if they built a stadium in Bankstown to host games.

I guess their best bet would be to get rid of the cricket ground on chapel road if they were to do that?
If we ever get a new stadium built the crest at Bass Hill would be ideal. It's a massive area away from housing. Close to the Hume Hwy & right in the middle of our zone seeing our territory stretches to Liverpool.

Banned
Reaction score
If we ever get a new stadium built the crest at Bass Hill would be ideal. It's a massive area away from housing. Close to the Hume Hwy & right in the middle of our zone seeing our territory stretches to Liverpool.
Thought of the Crest, yet it's too far away from public transport, namely trains.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Thought of the Crest, yet it's too far away from public transport, namely trains.
Crest won't work. It's an athletics field but not something for league. If we're going to rebuild something, rebuild Belmore. Nothing else in the district will work.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s also that useless horse racing course that could be changed to suit ey

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Crest won't work. It's an athletics field but not something for league. If we're going to rebuild something, rebuild Belmore. Nothing else in the district will work.
The western half of Bankstown has been seriously under-utilised. Its as though when they put the airfield down years ago they decided that was it, no train station, no logical major road network (Hume Highway from Yagoona to Bass Hill was a concrete goat track for many years). The Crest has massive potential which was simply not tapped into until they did the Velodrome, and even that is small bickies compared to what they could do.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the dogs want to be sure we are never considered for moving or merger, we need a stadium. We should have done something at Homebush when we were there..

I would love us to build a 20,000 seater like Titans have, it would rock with our supporters.

Banned
Reaction score
Where ever a new stadium goes, it should seek to accommodate the ability for concerts and other sports to maximise it's appeal and potential.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Where ever a new stadium goes, it should seek to accommodate the ability for concerts and other sports to maximise it's appeal and potential.
Like I said it’s insulting to call them Canterbury-Bankstown when they are playing home games in Mackay,QLD or at Concord oval which is Tigers territory!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be there three modes of transport tradional rail, buses and new metro

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree and Belmore will never cut it. The site is just too small and impractical

Banned
Reaction score
There will be there three modes of transport tradional rail, buses and new metro
A future train station and line?
As currently, there's nothing within a 30 minute walk.

Banned
Reaction score
I agree and Belmore will never cut it. The site is just too small and impractical
What if the stadium is rotated 90 degrees and is predominantly in the park on the city side?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too much residential development and a growing populace to do anything about it, they need to look at somewhere in Liverpool to be honest

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What if the stadium is rotated 90 degrees and is predominantly in the park on the city side?
I think the problem is that all stadiums are built in the same direction due to the sun? I’m not 100%
It’s impossible to park there already too and even driving in and out of there is very slow