Israel Folau back

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with bible passages or christians, that is the smoke screen under which Folau is trying to get out of the penalty for committing an act that is against the law.

The Sex Discrimination Act 1984 is an Act of the Parliament of Australia which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, marital or relationship status, actual or potential pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or breastfeeding in a range of areas of public life. These areas include work, accommodation, education, the provision of goods, facilities and services, the activities of clubs and the administration of Commonwealth laws and programs.

Folau breached the terms of his contract by discriminating against gays, it's that simple.

How did he discriminate against gays?

Did he refuse to play Rugby with any gay footballers?
Did he refuse to play Rugby on the footy field to entertain the sporting fans(which include the gay community)?
Did he refuse to wear the Qantas sponsorship on his jersey even though Qantas supports gays?
He Has played Rugby and Rugby League even though they have a float on the gay mardi gras, so he could of boycotted playing sport for that reason, but he didn't.

The Sex Discrimination Act 1984 is not designed for life after death, it's for life on earth.

Which brings us to these two points:

1. If you don't believe in the Christian version of Life after death, then it shouldn't be a problem because he is not saying anything will happen to them on earth.

2. If you do believe in the Christian version of Life after death which comes from the Bible, then what he said is what you read in the book you believe in.

So what is the problem?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Complete hypocrisy by the nrl
Inglis bashes wife
Greg bird glasses wife
Russell packer goes to jail for Grevious bodily harm
Matt lodge terrorises a family including children and a wife

And they dedicate a round entirely to women in league ?

And Folau preaches his religion.. and names 10 things .. including us who have sex , drink alcohol, tell lies but because one community is as weak as a wet paper bag when offended cries out the nrl bows down to political correctness .. guy is a super star and will being in crowds

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How exactly did he discriminate against them though? You mentioned the areas where this applies but I don't see a connection of these areas with Folau.
By stating bad things will happen to them unless they stop being gay.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck is he fighting for money? He can go earn more money in France or Japan right this instant then he ever got paid here by a club. Australia isn’t the only comp in the world even though it’s one of the lowest paying ones.
He's suing for 10Mill. If it was purely about principle he would sue for $1.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did he discriminate against gays?

Did he refuse to play Rugby with any gay footballers?
Did he refuse to play Rugby on the footy field to entertain the sporting fans(which include the gay community)?
Did he refuse to wear the Qantas sponsorship on his jersey even though Qantas supports gays?
He Has played Rugby and Rugby League even though they have a float on the gay mardi gras, so he could of boycotted playing sport for that reason, but he didn't.

The Sex Discrimination Act 1984 is not designed for life after death, it's for life on earth.

Which brings us to these two points:

1. If you don't believe in the Christian version of Life after death, then it shouldn't be a problem because he is not saying anything will happen to them on earth.

2. If you do believe in the Christian version of Life after death which comes from the Bible, then what he said is what you read in the book you believe in.

So what is the problem?
You've answered you're own question. We are dealing with reality and facts, not dogmatic fiction.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've heard pedos make the same argument
Ughhh.... yet another insensitive and irrelevant comparison to pedophilia. What sort of rational human being compares an act between two consenting adults which victimises nobody to an act which involves an uneven power dynamic between an adult and a vulnerable minor. Stop making this comparison, please. Doing so only makes you look like an insensitive and irrational tool.

A person may not choose to feel attraction to minors, but they can certainly choose not to act on those urges and it is a perfectly reasonable societal expectation that a person should not act on such urges. But projecting one's sense of morality onto two consenting adults is a totally different scenario and it boggles my mind that some can't or refuse to see this. Unless an adult relationship is incestuous and involves procreation which could seriously compromise the health of a newborn baby, in an objective way....it's really not society's business.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with bible passages or christians, that is the smoke screen under which Folau is trying to get out of the penalty for committing an act that is against the law.

The Sex Discrimination Act 1984 is an Act of the Parliament of Australia which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, marital or relationship status, actual or potential pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or breastfeeding in a range of areas of public life. These areas include work, accommodation, education, the provision of goods, facilities and services, the activities of clubs and the administration of Commonwealth laws and programs.

Folau breached the terms of his contract by discriminating against gays, it's that simple.
How did he discriminate? Did he withhold employment from someone on the basis of their sexuality? Did he treat a gay person differently on the basis of their sexuality?

As far as I know he hasn't discriminated against anybody, however, he did express some religious views (views which I personally don't agree with), however I do agree with the right of someone to express a genuine religious belief (so long as it doesn't specifically promote violence).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ughhh.... yet another insensitive and irrelevant comparison to pedophilia. What sort of rational human being compares an act between two consenting adults which victimises nobody to an act which involves an uneven power dynamic between an adult and a vulnerable minor. Stop making this comparison, please. Doing so only makes you look like an insensitive and irrational tool.

A person may not choose to feel attraction to minors, but they can certainly choose not to act on those urges and it is a perfectly reasonable societal expectation that a person should not act on such urges. But projecting one's sense of morality onto two consenting adults is a totally different scenario and it boggles my mind that some can't or refuse to see this. Unless an adult relationship is incestuous and involves procreation which could seriously compromise the health of a newborn baby, in an objective way....it's really not society's business.
Sorry, you seem to have missed my point entirely. Perhaps you should read the flow of conversation that I was responding to.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your world what he said was dogmatic fiction...so what's the problem?
I was referring to your confusing introduction of "Life after death" as dogmatic fiction. What Folau said was discriminatory towards real people. Please try and keep your religious nuttery out of the discourse.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was referring to your confusing introduction of "Life after death" as dogmatic fiction. What Folau said was discriminatory towards real people. Please try and keep your religious nuttery out of the discourse.
Also, please keep your satanic views out of this discourse as well and explain how he was discriminatory.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Well given that he is married, I would like to think that he is getting some
He stated that fornicators are destined for hell so he either isn't fussed about burning for eternity or he is "flogging the bishop" as an alternative.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He stated that fornicators are destined for hell so he either isn't fussed about burning for eternity or he is "flogging the bishop" as an alternative.
I think he was referring to people who sleep around... not that I agree with his actions

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What he said was the very basis of discrimination - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/discriminate - to treat a person or particular group of people differently, especially in a worse way from the way in which you treat other people, because of their skin colour, sex, sexuality, etc.:
How did he treat them though? He didn't action anything that would classify him as treating them in a way. He was ADVISING THEM to repent. Last time I checked that wasn't a crime.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he was referring to people who sleep around... not that I agree with his actions
I swear this is true when I was 18 my friend kJ hookee me and my friend up with these two chicks he met while over seas ... so we went out to stock exchange in Brisbane and one of the girls was ugly as my friend jake wanted to bail and kj was with jarahal yow Ye and Folau.. both went home with the girls and fucked then from what I got
Told haha so he fornicated

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've explained as simply as I can how Folau was discriminatory, if you cannot understand it by now you never will.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I swear this is true when I was 18 my friend kJ hookee me and my friend up with these two chicks he met while over seas ... so we went out to stock exchange in Brisbane and one of the girls was ugly as my friend jake wanted to bail and kj was with jarahal yow Ye and Folau.. both went home with the girls and fucked then from what I got
Told haha so he fornicated
The biggest take away from this post is your discrimination against full stops and commas.