Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
2017 Radradra (4th)
2018 16th
2019 Sivo/Ferguson (5th)

Not sure what you're getting at
I disagree that Winger isn't an issue. There are other issues too tho.
Winger isn't an issue. I doubt we even look for one.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fifita the fat slob is not worth anything close to $1m per season. No way. $1m gets you a Cronk or a Tedesco or a Munster.

Forwards only should be paid $500k max
Welcome to the Kennel, Wayne Bennett! :laughing:

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You're right, Fifita isn't worth 1m. Fifita's worth 700k on potential. No chance we'd get Fifita for that tho.

Why would Fifita leave Brisbane and a better performing team with more potential for the same amount he's going to be offered by the Broncos? There needs to be an incentive for Fifita to come to us and unfortunately it's money.
Just stock Canterbury Leagues Club with a bunch of pokies Fifita's never played before, that'll get him over the line... ;)

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah haha - Just to be clear people, he is referring to David, NOT Andrew.

Not that I'd want us to spend $1m on David either but still.
Latrell can fuck off too for $1m.

Sign Manu.
Latrell is easily worth $1m/season. I'd definitely not give him a 10 year deal or as such was suggested before in other threads but we would be stupid not to offer a 5 year 5 million dollar contract, the guy is easily a top 5 player in the NRL and hasn't even reached his full potential yet. I think eventually he will move back to fullback, he struggled with the fitness when he first came into league playing fullback but lets not forget he was only 18.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury in my opinion will keep foran, his a class act and a player who can steer a team and win games, it will be interesting on who to recruit, Cameron mc innes has to be our 9, a class centre is needed along with a enforcer in the packs that's 3 guys, how easy is that with our cap space,
Well at least I now know that Foran is gone when his contact is finished

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Latrell 1m
Fifita 1m
Foran 750k
Radradra 750k

The kennel back to their tripping ways.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell 1m
Fifita 1m
Foran 750k
Radradra 750k

The kennel back to their tripping ways.
bump Foran down and that's pretty accurate.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is fifita doing for a million a season in the same position chn plays that he already isnt doing for half that money.dumb.
Fuck fifita. Get the spine right.
Fifita made something like a record 40 tackle busts in 3 of his last few games. CHN is a good player don't get me wrong but he didn't make half that amount of tackle breaks for half the money

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What is fifita doing for a million a season in the same position chn plays that he already isnt doing for half that money.dumb.
I think Fifita is worth 700k on potential. For us to get him we're looking at 1m tho. We can go for other players tho. I'm not saying we will sign him or anything like that. CHN is a good player and good enough to be in a 1-13, but Fifita is on another level.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No Halves off contract unfortunately. That's why we're going to have to stick with what we have.
We have a good base, we just need to add explosive players. Latrell, Fifita or Radradra and Harry Grant for me. Those would be my 3 signings for 2021. The spine would be DWZ, Foran, Lewis (possibly Cogger if you're one of those) and Grant.
We're getting close to November which is when we have to act. I'd be surprised if we didn't know the big signings and key retainment before the start of next season.

Last edited:

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem with signing great players is that every club is wanting them too. It becomes a bidding war ! And we tend to lose more than we win these days.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem with signing great players is that every club is wanting them too. It becomes a bidding war ! And we tend to lose more than we win these days.
It's a bidding war for every player, not just 'great players'. We haven't been getting involved in the bidding war, as we've signed no one. That will have to change come November or no one will be here 2021 either.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's a bidding war for every player, not just 'great players'. We haven't been getting involved in the bidding war, as we've signed no one. That will have to change come November or no one will be here 2021 either.
November this year? Why?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
November this year? Why?
It's pretty obvious. We're able to talk to players for 2021. There are better targets/players available. November is for 2021 not 2020.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious. We're able to talk to players for 2021. There are better targets/players available. November is for 2021 not 2020.
Lots of movements happen in the pre-season though. I’d rather not rush in and lock in our recruitment just for the sake of it

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All these dream team with dream players yet we all know whats going to happen is players like Lewis/Elliot/Hoppa will just get monster upgraded deals for leading us to another 9-10th place spot next year with a few decent signings spattered in between.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lots of movements happen in the pre-season though. I’d rather not rush in and lock in our recruitment just for the sake of it
The longer we wait the more players we'll miss out on and it'll just get messy. I think we'll know our big signings for 2021 before the start of next season. Need to set deadlines and go through our targets.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The longer we wait the more players we'll miss out on and it'll just get messy. I think we'll know our big signings for 2021 before the start of next season. Need to set deadlines and go through our targets.
To a point but we don’t have a crystal ball either. Player movements always result in high quality players being released and I don’t want to rush in to sign a big player just because he’s a big player. If we have a specific target we are after then great. I’d also like to know if the suggested trade windows will be introduced. I’d keep a bit of money up my sleeve too

Last edited: