GWS into the Grand Final

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure which brings me more joy.
Eddie's side not making it, or mine playing their first GF after only 8 years in the competition!

How many here support GWS, or are most rusted on Swans fans?

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure whit brings me more joy.
Eddie's side not making it, or mine playing their first GF after only 8 years in the competition!

I think you are the only one who apart from OP that watch this gay sport

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure whit brings me more joy.

I dont support them, but I'm glad they beat Collingwood and made their first gf. And despite what others may say, it's a great sport. So quick, so full of action, and nowhere near the inconsistency of our sport. However, I definitely prefer rugby league.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was in the precinct for the Storm/Eels game and seeing the raw emotion and heartbreak of the Magpies fans afterwards instantly made me a GWS fan.

The way they hung in there in the end was amazing. Wish them the best!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Look GWS are at war with us. The Bulldogs. Because they are at war with anything to do Rugby League in Sydney's west. So The Bulldogs, Tigers, Panthers and Eels all have a common enemy. The only good thing about GWS making the GF is that they'll lose.

The AFL have to pump in $20,000,000 annually for that club to break even. They are not in a viable AFL area. The Western Sydney Wanderers however, do have a strong following, and having the new Bankwest Stadium available to them will make that following only stronger.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People deep down love winners. Especially kids.

Dont underestimate how many kids are playing Aussie Rules. The true effects wont be seen for another 10-20 years.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you are the only one who apart from OP that watch this gay sport
I don't watch it... I watch the grand final some years, about it... I just loathe Eddie Mcguire and I am very satisfied about this result, especially after last year :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
People deep down love winners. Especially kids.

Dont underestimate how many kids are playing Aussie Rules. The true effects wont be seen for another 10-20 years.
Well the thing is even though kids might be playing it, if they like soccer and league more, they'll also play that. I remember when I was a kid I played AFL at school and loved it. Now... I hate it. Even the NRL is barely tolerable for me.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well the thing is even though kids might be playing it, if they like soccer and league more, they'll also play that. I remember when I was a kid I played AFL at school and loved it. Now... I hate it. Even the NRL is barely tolerable for me.
Haha that is true. But when we were kids, we were given the Swans to support and that was it. Now there's "local derby's" and more chances of a Sydney team being successful and an AFL game being played in Sydney. Overall it's a better package as a fan than what it was 10+ years ago.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha that is true. But when we were kids, we were given the Swans to support and that was it. Now there's "local derby's" and more chances of a Sydney team being successful and an AFL game being played in Sydney. Overall it's a better package as a fan than what it was 10+ years ago.
Yes, and that's where the NRL is falling behind.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Seeing Eddie's face after the loss brought a massive smile to my face.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Man I hope GWS win.
Richmond and their supporters are total bogans.
The AFL love a fairytale so look for Giants to get some help from the refs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
all I know is, it's going to be very close.. which I think will favor GWS at present

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Look GWS are at war with us. The Bulldogs. Because they are at war with anything to do Rugby League in Sydney's west. So The Bulldogs, Tigers, Panthers and Eels all have a common enemy. The only good thing about GWS making the GF is that they'll lose.

The AFL have to pump in $20,000,000 annually for that club to break even. They are not in a viable AFL area. The Western Sydney Wanderers however, do have a strong following, and having the new Bankwest Stadium available to them will make that following only stronger.
There a new soccer team coming in next year also west Sydney

Wahesh

Reaction score
There a new soccer team coming in next year also west Sydney
Yeah but I reckon that Macarthur team will be for the bogans of Campbelltown lol. The real fanatical ones are the Wanderers fans.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure which brings me more joy.

The Mrs is a Swans fan. I follow Carlton and GWS. Carlton because they were versing Swans when she dragged me to the first game, and Giants 'cause they're my local team and I really don't like the Swans.

The Mrs kept picking on me 'cause I wouldn't back the Swans against any other team. The moment we saw Giants win and I was cheering, she said "Go Tigers"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note, funniest comment I saw was when the Giants won was "so this is the Giant's theme song. I thought it would be in Lebanese"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For those that don't follow the AFL. When it comes to Sydney teams:

Giants = Bulldogs/Parramatta

Swans = Roosters

Every other team... Who cares? They're all foreigners.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For those that don't follow the AFL. When it comes to Sydney teams:

Giants = Bulldogs/Parramatta

Swans = Roosters

Every other team... Who cares? They're all foreigners.
Giants = gay
Swans = Freddie Mercury gay