The "R U OK ?" Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just dreading going back in again. It's about 80% chance I'll be back in there for about 2 weeks minimum.

Main part I'm spewing about is the last round of chemo knocked off about 12cm off my beard lol

PS the kennel always restores my faith in humanity.
How you doing today bro?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tired AF due to doubling my meds but apart from that I can't really complain bro.

What about you? What's the latest with you?
Yeah bro just a constant battle with my brain lol lately it's getting the better of me unfortunately. Physically feel fucked will get to the Drs 1 day to do more testing been put on bed rest so I went to work lol fuck being by myself with my own thoughts

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah bro just a constant battle with my brain lol lately it's getting the better of me unfortunately. Physically feel fucked will get to the Drs 1 day to do more testing been put on bed rest so I went to work lol fuck being by myself with my own thoughts
You read My fkn mind brother, I'm my own worst enemy some times lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You read My fkn mind brother, I'm my own worst enemy some times lol
Sometimes? I'm at a constant battle with myself lol.
At night I can't switch my brain off, I tried this last night with head phones it actually slowed me down a bit and got me out of a full spin

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
At night I can't switch my brain off, I tried this last night with head phones it actually slowed me down a bit and got me out of a full spin
The hospital push this shit on me, makes me more worked up lol

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The hospital push this shit on me, makes me more worked up lol
I’ve banged on about it before but get on to Wim Hoff boys, his breathing technique is fucking awesome...

This is him with Rogan, jump in about 2min 30sec:

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'm with you there dude. Even on weekends i wake up super early and try so hard to get back to some sort of slumber but yeah the mind just hits the ground running as soon as i wake up. Then i just get the shits and put the tv on so that I'm distracted lol. It's a constant drain of energy.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it in public so many of us smile but it is not a true reflection of how we feel?

Most people I meet end up liking me and usually tell me they think I’m a good person.
But I don’t feel good and don’t really like myself.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The thoughts in one’s head are the cruelest of all..because you cannot get away from them..they follow you wherever you go ..sometimes you think you resolve them..and the knot in your stomach loosens..but sure enough it tightens again..I know the feeling.. You know sometimes it’s not even about feeling worthless but rather thoughts that sabotage your feelings of happiness..thoughts that look for reasons to stop you from feeling good about situations that are in your life.. thoughts that you know are logically ridiculous..but nonetheless you end up walking away from what is special in your life to silence those thoughts..and thus feel more despair because that which made you happy is gone..

It’s a cruel burden and curse Southy..I know myself..even before my accident..never feeling I was good enough..or never deserving of what I had..when all the time I was.. All i can say is you are a champion fella..a real caring..and extremely funny man..and if you let yourself step back sometimes and just see that..you will have some ammunition to defend yourself against those thoughts..

We are all humans..we make mistakes..we have regrets..sometimes things are out of our control..and others control..but we got to learn to forgive ourselves..and others..I still struggle to do this everyday..but we got to learn to love ourselves a little sometimes..not in an egotistical way..but in way that is forgiving and accepting that we are not perfect..and realise the thoughts in our head do not truly represent who we are..if anything sometimes the worse thoughts that are in our head sometimes reflects how good we really are..because it wouldn’t be worth sabotaging if we weren’t. That’s a very interesting thing to contemplate.. I just felt that knot in my stomach release a little..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it in public so many of us smile but it is not a true reflection of how we feel?

Most people I meet end up liking me and usually tell me they think I’m a good person.
But I don’t feel good and don’t really like myself.
Yes the sad clown..I know the feeling very well.. I guess you can take some solace in the fact some people feel good in your presence ..and maybe from that you can start to feel better in your own too..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is D-Day for me to see if I'm back inside or not. Been eating and drinking like a king just in case I do lol.

At least I have the RWC to keep me occupied.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is D-Day for me to see if I'm back inside or not. Been eating and drinking like a king just in case I do lol.

I’m here for you brother..whatever may come..bring it on!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I hope all goes well for you.
Nothing worse than being stuck in a hospital.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You guys are two of the most loveable and down to earth people I know and that is the most frightening thing about the struggles you are both having at the moment.Depression and doubt does not discriminate and it can be the problem of those who are thought to be the biggest and the best just like it can for those who are weak. It is how we deal with it that defines us as a person. Just know, that no matter what life throws at you, and no matter how bad things seem to be, there are people in your corner saying a prayer for you and willing you to get the better of the shit that life throws at you. I am one of them....

Assassin...you are one of the strongest and most dynamic people I have ever met. It is a privilege to be able to say that to you. I fondly remember the meeting at Belmore, that day was special for all of us, but more so for the people that were there for you, We could finally put a name to a face and get a better understanding of you and the fight that lay ahead. We got to meet your family and got to understand just how important you are to them and they to you. Even though you could not physically join in the fun of footy on the hallowed turf of Belmore you did in a way through your young fella as he gave us a look at just how connected he is with you. That day you were playing on that patch of grass...he did the running and the passing and kicking for you...

Your banter and connection with Peter, wow....who else but someone also fighting a battle could fully understand just what life can throw at you. Sadly he is no longer with us, but I know he is probably sending positive thoughts your way too. He will be saying not to doubt, not to believe that things won't get better.

Those negative thoughts that haunt you at night and the physical problems that burden you...I can't pretend to even know how that must be for you, nobody else really can ,but one thing that I do know....you won't give up and you won't let them get the better of you. You are fighting the good fight, the honourable fight and you know what? Yep, you'll win. You have a beautiful wife and kids and that is a great motivation for you...time spent with them is precious and you deserve to have a lot of time with them, just like they deserve to have a lot of time with you.
How many times has it come down to your last chance? How many times have you thumbed your nose at that? Do the same now and just keep on doing it...show them up if you do have to 'go back inside'. Don't you dare ever think that it will be too difficult or you will have to deal with Mama and we don't want that happening now do we????

Southy; you opened your home and your heart to us all and we got to see a man who also loves his family and has also faced things head on. It takes a great deal of bravery to tell others what you have revealed here, being open and honest and it is nothing to be ashamed of. There is nothing more frightening than that nagging little voice inside our head telling us that we are worthless, making us doubt ourselves and all we do and facing things alone is the wrong way to deal with it and a burden shared is a burden halved. You are kind of heart, putting others before yourself ,but smart enough to ask for help when you are struggling.

I hope that whatever it is that has caused those demons to surface will be fixed sooner rather than later. I know you have tried a million things to try and quiet them and that it has been difficult to deal with. Meditation, medication,work, telling others, all the traditional ways of trying to quiet the thoughts have not helped you, that you have admitted, until you started listening to that tape. If it helps keep it up,it certainly won't hurt. I find that if I have thoughts that keep me awake I write them down and acknowledge that at that particular time I can't make them go away or stop and will look at it in the light of day. It helps me and maybe it is worth a try for you. Try to sort the important things that can't wait from those that can. You are not one to shirk responsibility, you never have been. You have had to deal with a lot of things and that can get you down, but you need to learn to prioritize. Stay safe.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

So many good vibes coming your way my man, hang in there mate...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You guys are two of the most loveable and down to earth people I know and that is the most frightening thing about the struggles you are both having at the moment.Depression and doubt does not discriminate and it can be the problem of those who are thought to be the biggest and the best just like it can for those who are weak. It is how we deal with it that defines us as a person. Just know, that no matter what life throws at you, and no matter how bad things seem to be, there are people in your corner saying a prayer for you and willing you to get the better of the shit that life throws at you. I am one of them....

Assassin...you are one of the strongest and most dynamic people I have ever met. It is a privilege to be able to say that to you. I fondly remember the meeting at Belmore, that day was special for all of us, but more so for the people that were there for you, We could finally put a name to a face and get a better understanding of you and the fight that lay ahead. We got to meet your family and got to understand just how important you are to them and they to you. Even though you could not physically join in the fun of footy on the hallowed turf of Belmore you did in a way through your young fella as he gave us a look at just how connected he is with you. That day you were playing on that patch of grass...he did the running and the passing and kicking for you...

Your banter and connection with Peter, wow....who else but someone also fighting a battle could fully understand just what life can throw at you. Sadly he is no longer with us, but I know he is probably sending positive thoughts your way too. He will be saying not to doubt, not to believe that things won't get better.

Those negative thoughts that haunt you at night and the physical problems that burden you...I can't pretend to even know how that must be for you, nobody else really can ,but one thing that I do know....you won't give up and you won't let them get the better of you. You are fighting the good fight, the honourable fight and you know what? Yep, you'll win. You have a beautiful wife and kids and that is a great motivation for you...time spent with them is precious and you deserve to have a lot of time with them, just like they deserve to have a lot of time with you.
How many times has it come down to your last chance? How many times have you thumbed your nose at that? Do the same now and just keep on doing it...show them up if you do have to 'go back inside'. Don't you dare ever think that it will be too difficult or you will have to deal with Mama and we don't want that happening now do we????

Southy; you opened your home and your heart to us all and we got to see a man who also loves his family and has also faced things head on. It takes a great deal of bravery to tell others what you have revealed here, being open and honest and it is nothing to be ashamed of. There is nothing more frightening than that nagging little voice inside our head telling us that we are worthless, making us doubt ourselves and all we do and facing things alone is the wrong way to deal with it and a burden shared is a burden halved. You are kind of heart, putting others before yourself ,but smart enough to ask for help when you are struggling.

I hope that whatever it is that has caused those demons to surface will be fixed sooner rather than later. I know you have tried a million things to try and quiet them and that it has been difficult to deal with. Meditation, medication,work, telling others, all the traditional ways of trying to quiet the thoughts have not helped you, that you have admitted, until you started listening to that tape. If it helps keep it up,it certainly won't hurt. I find that if I have thoughts that keep me awake I write them down and acknowledge that at that particular time I can't make them go away or stop and will look at it in the light of day. It helps me and maybe it is worth a try for you. Try to sort the important things that can't wait from those that can. You are not one to shirk responsibility, you never have been. You have had to deal with a lot of things and that can get you down, but you need to learn to prioritize. Stay safe.
God love you! I hope everyone realises after this post that we love and respect you enough to call you our Kennel Mama!

PS I'm not crying, I'm cutting onions lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So many good vibes coming your way my man, hang in there mate...
Thanks brother.

I'm just going with the flow but it feels like the CT scan is my day in court, guilty I have to "go inside" and innocent at least I get to go home but with double the meds (which is worse than the cause with the side effects).

I'll update everyone tomorrow.