Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Grads

Waterboy
Reaction score
The rise of this Sivo bloke this season and Parra’s improvement has me pretty sold that the Dogs should be doing whatever is necessary to get big Semi in blue and white. We’ve lacked strike weapons or any sort of “xfactor” since Barba. We pick up DWZ this season who is somewhat of a strike player and go figure, we’re improving.
The thought of potentially replacing plodder holland with someone like Semi in the side is giving me a semi.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Off contract 2020 who do we re-sign out of:
Jarred Anderson, Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson, Lachlan Lewis, Marcelo Montoya, Chris Smith, Reimis Smith, Sauaso Sue, Renouf To'omaga, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Depending on who was sign for 2021 I'd keep cogger, rfm, foran* Hoppa, Jackson, Lewis, remis, to'omaga, Wakeham and dwz.

Thoughts?
The club should try to get Jacko, DWZ, Smith and Wakeham locked down before next season. Hopoate is 50/50 right now, depending on what he asks for. Cogger, RFM, To'omaga, Lewis and even Elliot to an extent need to show some consistency throughout next season before we hand them new contracts.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jarred Anderson, Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson, Lachlan Lewis, Marcelo Montoya, Chris Smith, Reimis Smith, Sauaso Sue, Renouf To'omaga, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Depending on who was sign for 2021 I'd keep cogger, rfm, foran* Hoppa, Jackson, Lewis, remis, to'omaga, Wakeham and dwz.

Thoughts?

spot on... I wouldn't be upset if Tolman was around for another year or two if they can keep him to minimal carries in opposition 20... I thought he really stood up this year when things weren't going real great.. Wakeham has a big future ahead of him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Some big decisions to be made that's for sure. Without contract values coming into account I'd like us to keep; Wakeham, Cogger, Hopoate, Jackson, R.Smith, To'Omaga, DWZ. Elliot and Mariner I'm ok with but bench only 100% not starters. Lewis if other teams want to break the bank fuck getting in a bidding war.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club should try to get Jacko, DWZ, Smith and Wakeham locked down before next season. Hopoate is 50/50 right now, depending on what he asks for. Cogger, RFM, To'omaga, Lewis and even Elliot to an extent need to show some consistency throughout next season before we hand them new contracts.
Agree with your lockdowns of JJ, DWZ, Smith and Wakeham (Depending on their price).
I would add Hoppa and Renouf to that, also pending price.
Hoppa cops endless shit from some but he was outstanding for us this year.
Renouf was also very good after his first 2-3 games once he built some confidence.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumours about Jack Bird. Personally I don’t think he as that good plus very injury prone

Dunny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thoughts on Cheap quality player that can add depth and quality.

Gideon mosby
Javid bowen
Scott Sorenson

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is Kyle Turner worth a punt?

Currently without a club, 27, can play second row or centre.

Wants to stay in Sydney as he has a newborn child, and Souths haven't renewed contract (likewise Fualalo is without a club).

I reckon on the cheap could be a good fill in.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is Kyle Turner worth a punt?

Currently without a club, 27, can play second row or centre.

Wants to stay in Sydney as he has a newborn child, and Souths haven't renewed contract (likewise Fualalo is without a club).

I reckon on the cheap could be a good fill in.
Already enough coverage in the Second Row. Hopefully Reimis is in the Centres. We also have enough coverage around the same level for Centre as Turner already (Montoya, Holland). We also have Averillo and Harper. We need to make signings that're going to take the club forward. For me that's top or emerging talent.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at the off contract for 2021 list, I think if we need to re-sign the following players;
RFM
Harper
Jackson
Tass
Wakeham

That means we lose;
Adam Elliot
Foran
Holland
Montoya
Sue
Tolman