News Why Brisbane Broncos should bring Lachlan Lewis ‘home’ to Red Hill

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A halfback cannot be manufactured.

A halfback is a player who has been playing halfback since they were in the under 8's. It's up to that individual on how he develops snd takes the step up which makes or breaks him.
I agree, there are special cases like Cronk... but he is a different breed, no one comes close to his professionalism

howard3.0

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Donkeys should never have gotten rid of Ben Hunt imo, they have never been consistent since he left

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds to me like its a manager talking using fox sports as his tool to push up his price.
I was a big big fan of lachie and still like him. Sure he has parts of his game to work on but i wont forget some of his games towards the end off last year and this year which we all enjoyed. I would be keeping him because he has heaps of improvement and potential in him. I luv his defence has the makings of a lock with some work if his not suited in the halves. That is still the question that needs to be answered. I dont care where he plays just want him in the blue and white.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck i love lewis i was dying for him to start 2017 under des, Des can get fucked but Lewis
didnt get a chance we had too many dud playiers

this situation is damien cook a bit here, should be resigned asap in my opinion
Cant wait to see him kill it as a bulldog

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Bellamy asked 2 things of cooper cronk. Kick well and make your tackles. Lewis does both pretty well especially the defence. Hes not the reason we didnt win more games. Put some more strike players outside him and hel be pushing for origin.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hunts terrible mate ask any dragons fan
Yes, but he would still be an improvement on what the horseys have at the moment, which goes to show how much they are lacking in the halves.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hunts terrible mate ask any dragons fan
Confidence player. If his forwards fire and has time and space he plays better than any half in the game. Once the pressure is on though he crumbles... wish a team would just play him at hooker

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL The Broncos are going to have about 10 Fullbacks and 10 5/8s on their books.

They need a real Halfback. Honestly you throw Maloney into that side, and they're a top 4 group.
Maybe we should throw money at Melony seeing that we seem to have focused all our attention on all Penrith discards, We could end up "The Penrith Bulldogs " or "The Canterbury Bankstown Panthers "

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's fuck all "halfbacks" around these days, what was once considered good or great in that role is totally different now due to the style of play and focus on pure athletic ability. I wasn't around when these other guys played though and I'm only basing it on what I've seen from older vision.
You are correct, and its a shame you were not born in the generation to watch the likes of Stuart and Langer.

There has been no HB close to Ricky Stuart when it came to a kicking game. He definitely had the best boot on him of all time.

Langer was another great HB to watch. Was one little cheeky fucker, but he was brilliant.

All the skilled and talented HB's are in Union now and as you mentioned todays HB's in the NRL and the junior systems focus on athletic ability and boring robotic tactics to suit boring systems in play

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
You are correct, and its a shame you were not born in the generation to watch the likes of Stuart and Langer.

There has been no HB close to Ricky Stuart when it came to a kicking game. He definitely had the best boot on him of all time.

Langer was another great HB to watch. Was one little cheeky fucker, but he was brilliant.

All the skilled and talented HB's are in Union now and as you mentioned todays HB's in the NRL and the junior systems focus on athletic ability and boring robotic tactics to suit boring systems in play
Halves today are essentially game managers concentrating on completions. The great halves of the past always played with an element of risk and reward which made them dangerous and especially creative.

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A halfback cannot be manufactured.

A halfback is a player who has been playing halfback since they were in the under 8's. It's up to that individual on how he develops snd takes the step up which makes or breaks him.
Yep agree, the ability to read play and make split second decisions can’t really be taught, it can take 10-15 years to master the art of leading a team around the field at the highest level. It’s what made the likes of JT so great, he was always 2 steps ahead of the opposition and saw things that no one else on the field could.