SBW secret hand shake to play for bulldogs in 2020

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hahaha......here comes the religious victims card!

Have a cup of concrete you softcocks and harden the fuck up.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are blindfolded by politics and political correctness...some read a report here a rumour there and assume it's true, then react in a negative and abusive manor without knowing the truth.
Not justifying what SBW did to us, he is in the centre of such situation, supposedly he was the idol the cornerstone to built our new era on then it was
July 27 2008, the fateful day SBW destroyed fans and supporters faith in him.
Defended him I did, feeling that he was a victim of circumstances.
A young man that suffered from a fatherless figure in his life, he and Canterbury were the targets of the cowards and corrupt National Rorting League and its half owners News Ltd, a sportsman troubled by injuries threatened career who saw the opportunity to make a quick buck while still can, misled by the cunning and deceiving two Mundine and Naser, I did not appreciate what he did but understood it as a hasty business decision keeping in mind this is the way our game is now.
His return to league in particular to the Rorters absolutely boiled my blood to the point it felt he became an enemy playing for the enemies of my club, and the media's hero now he is playing for the Rorters and not us, regrettably it lead to a confrontation between my friends and I and his usual crew at ANZ stadium few years back.
Now it's 2019, a lot of water under the bridge since that day in 2008, and if the rumours are true he will be wearing blue and white in 2020.
Forgiving can be the hardest thing....for some !!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are blindfolded by politics and political correctness...some read a report here a rumour there and assume it's true, then react in a negative and abusive manor without knowing the truth.
Not justifying what SBW did to us, he is in the centre of such situation, supposedly he was the idol the cornerstone to built our new era on then it was
A young man that suffered from a fatherless figure in his life, he and Canterbury were the targets of the cowards and corrupt National Rorting League and its half owners News Ltd, a sportsman troubled by injuries threatened career who saw the opportunity to make a quick buck while still can, misled by the cunning and deceiving two Mundine and Naser, I did not appreciate what he did but understood it as a hasty business decision keeping in mind this is the way our game is now.
His return to league in particular to the Rorters absolutely boiled my blood to the point it felt he became an enemy playing for the enemies of my club, and the media's hero now he is playing for the Rorters and not us, regrettably it lead to a confrontation between my friends and I and his usual crew at ANZ stadium few years back.
Now it's 2019, a lot of water under the bridge since that day in 2008, and if the rumours are true he will be wearing blue and white in 2020.
If he comes and lifts the premiership, watch those people come running back ahaha

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So after close to a decade SBW all of a sudden develops a guilty conscience about doing a midnight runner? More then likely he wants to build his profile back up in Sydney before retirement and the Roosters have said they don't want him.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you have said here but there’s a couple of things that still concern me.

Yes, he was young when he fucked us over as well as being very easily led and quite frankly as dumb as dogshit.

Why was his “handshake” agreement with Nick Politis more important than him making it up to the club he walked out in the middle of the night? That was only a few years ago when he was in his 30’s so grown up.

If he decides to come back to us he is doing it right at the end of his career.
I know he could get more money in Japanese rugby or similar but he’s also made millions. He can thank us for a lot of that too

I like Sonny and always have. I don’t agree with his religious beliefs but if it brings more of our fans back out of the woodwork and we have them attending games then that’s great.

Our club has been through enough and we don’t deserve more drama. I hope he’s doing it for the right reasons

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he will be coming, but if he does decide to come then we should think with our heads, and from a football sense him coming back will be a big advantage to our club. He will help our young squad especially our forwards.

Apart from the eighties, our club has always been decimated after winning a premiership, in 1995 we win, 1996 super league happens, could have won another 2 or 3 premierships with the squad we had, then the salary cap fiasco, then we win in 2004, injuries 2005, capitulation in 2006, drama in 2007 the rest is history.

Our club has always comeback from adversity, we need to make smart moves to get back where we once were! SBW coming back could get us back to where we want quicker then we currently expect.... the club has moved on from what happened, let's support their decision if they take him back!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We always talk use the age old phrase "No one is bigger than the club" and I have to agree completely with this. No player, board members or whoever should dictate our future, but it still stings when players like SBW, the Parra 4, Mason, Klemmer, etc. screw us over and act like they are bigger than the Bulldogs. No player. No person is bigger than the Bulldogs. End of.

But the same has to be said about supports. We all have our views and opinions, and are entitled to. But if the club decides that bringing back SBW is best for the club then we have to respect that. Simple. Too many on here are spitting out their dummies at something that happened X number of years ago and refusing to look at what's best for this club. They're focusing on their own personal feelings. Their own bitterness.

In other words, many of you on here are actually going against the "No one is bigger than the club" by carrying on about SBW coming back. Stop being hypocritical. Accept the fact your views are just views and stop carrying on that your ideas are bigger than the club!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just bring him back, we need to become a club players want to come too.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So after close to a decade SBW all of a sudden develops a guilty conscience about doing a midnight runner? More then likely he wants to build his profile back up in Sydney before retirement and the Roosters have said they don't want him.
Yep he knows hes not the player he was so lets do a redemption story at the dogs

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
People need get over this and stop hating on him as it happened in a sport not anything truly important to hate on lmao

Sport is a big business so business decisions happen, SBW is an investment if we get him because you have players like Payne Haas and etc following him and looking up to him who would possibly want to follow him in the NRL to our club because there’s no way we’d attract that sorta young gun in our current state and with what the roosters can offer...

Of course I have - but I have ALWAYS been a man of my word. If I say something - I do it.

This bloke had a huge problem - and that was that he was owed more. He was greedy - nothing more, nothing less. I have seen things out in my life that I did not want too - but because I gave my word. He had a SIGNED contract - and the NRL want to bring him back and parade him around like he did nothing wrong back in '13?

What lesson does that teach kids? "Ok cool - you can turn your back on a contract, and come back a few years later and lauded as one of the best".

He's a fucking sewer rat.
Lol contracts are jack shit when you are worth more than what your employer pays you based on your skills alone no matter what industry as you want your worth...

If someone offered me more for the same job I do, I’d quit and leave as someone has valued me more and id understand if my employees left because someone valued them more and I was a tight arse...

Also these contact sports are grueling on the body so you need to take all the money you can get before you are a hermit crab at age 40-45 lmao

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of horse shit. The run away bride ain't coming to the dogs... we cant even sign a manly reject in Api...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We always talk use the age old phrase "No one is bigger than the club" and I have to agree completely with this. No player, board members or whoever should dictate our future, but it still stings when players like SBW, the Parra 4, Mason, Klemmer, etc. screw us over and act like they are bigger than the Bulldogs. No player. No person is bigger than the Bulldogs. End of.

But the same has to be said about supports. We all have our views and opinions, and are entitled to. But if the club decides that bringing back SBW is best for the club then we have to respect that. Simple. Too many on here are spitting out their dummies at something that happened X number of years ago and refusing to look at what's best for this club. They're focusing on their own personal feelings. Their own bitterness.

In other words, many of you on here are actually going against the "No one is bigger than the club" by carrying on about SBW coming back. Stop being hypocritical. Accept the fact your views are just views and stop carrying on that your ideas are bigger than the club!
Prior to SBW walking out I didn't think the club handled the situation well, particularly when he and Nasser approached our club an met with from memory President George, You can be sure that Politis and the rotters hatched a plan to turn him against our club.
I believe that Nasser always gets a special invite to Mr Politi's special lunches

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really cant believe people are still dirty on SBW for the way he left... I'm actually more dirty he played for the roosters when he came back.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck $BW and the horse that he rode in on.. He then later deserted that horse on the side of the road to leave for dead, just like he did our club and his teammates.

I'd have a hard time supporting a player that shat on the club so blatantly, even if it is a decade later.