DWZ is the best signing the Bulldogs have made since Morris in 2015

Banned
Reaction score
Chester hill jnr club Canterbury jnr wests poached him
Listening to Baa talk to some n00bs, he explained that he followed a coach to Wests and that's the only reason he ended up there.
Otherwise it would of been dogs all the way.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dwz needs to be resigned... end of story

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with DWZ if we sign Tom Trbojevic or Latrell (we desperately need a goal kicker, Meaney and Holland surely not in our 2021 plans). Latrell's obviously a Centre, but if you're paying him $1m you'd think he plays Fullback. I only see 4 marquee players available for 2021 (Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Latrell and Arrow) and I think we will push for 2 of them.
I think dwz is in no danger of being replaced at fb. As if we bother chasing t turbo. What for? Very unlikely manly release him to anyone anyway. Same with Latrell. Arrow is ok but might not be worth his asking price.

I don't expect to see any signings in the offseason at fb, hooker, halves, wing. We don't need them.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dwz is solid player. He is a true work a holic in the way he plays. Runs as if there is no tomorrow and never gives up.

I also still think he has heaps more to show us fans. I just watched some of his highlights at Penrith and they are impressive. Can’t wait for next season

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DWZ has been a terrific signing.

He is a very soild FB and just needs to work on his ball playing and positioning the troops in defence, though this wont be an issue with a full pre-season with the club.

At the end of the year it was terrific to see Jackson fire up against that little grub **** Brown which fired up the remainder of the team, even Tolman fired up. We were a totally different team since the ***** fired up

We need a couple of aggressive and grub players to fire up the team on another level. We had that week in week out with the likes of Reynolds, Graham and Ennis.

Opposition players hate coming up against grubs and aggressive players who are relentless (i.e Bateman, Burgess)

A big yes to Joey Leilua and that Thompson bloke from St Helens who would be a gem, and would take Napa and To'omagas game to another level just with his presence and aggression

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think dwz is in no danger of being replaced at fb. As if we bother chasing t turbo. What for? Very unlikely manly release him to anyone anyway. Same with Latrell. Arrow is ok but might not be worth his asking price.

I don't expect to see any signings in the offseason at fb, hooker, halves, wing. We don't need them.
Yeah I agree. I also now think it's very unlikely we'll sign Turbo (just commands to much money to lure him away, 1.5m). I also think if we signed Latrell it'd be Centre. I don't see DWZ staying at the club if he isn't playing Fullback, I could be wrong tho (if I was wrong then Papenhuyzen is also an option atm). I'm still in favour of signing Latrell (1m), David Fifita (1m) and Harry Grant (~500k). If we can't get Latrell then Manu (~700k). Instead of David Fifita any other marquee player, Radradra (~800k) for e.g. Also obviously talking about 2021. 2 marquee signings and a young gun is the way to go (you can swap who). I'd retain a lot of our current squad.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dwz absolute gun wait till we get some better players around him he will shine even more

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I also now think it's very unlikely we'll sign Turbo (just commands to much money to lure him away, 1.5m). I also think if we signed Latrell it'd be Centre. I don't see DWZ staying at the club if he isn't playing Fullback, I could be wrong tho (if I was wrong then Papenhuyzen is also an option atm). I'm still in favour of signing Latrell (1m), David Fifita (1m) and Harry Grant (~500k). If we can't get Latrell then Manu (~700k). Instead of David Fifita any other marquee player, Radradra (~800k) for e.g. Also obviously talking about 2021. 2 marquee signings and a young gun is the way to go (you can swap who). I'd retain a lot of our current squad.
I highly doubt we'll sign anyone you mentioned. Turbo is way to injury prone and won't leave manly. Mitchell isn't leaving bondi, neither is manu. Fifita will be one of the most sought after players when free to negotiate, one would think the broncs will lock him up long term though seeing they don't lose anyone they don't want to. Harry Grant will probably be retained by the storm and Radradra would want too much coin

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I highly doubt we'll sign anyone you mentioned. Turbo is way to injury prone and won't leave manly. Mitchell isn't leaving bondi, neither is manu. Fifita will be one of the most sought after players when free to negotiate, one would think the broncs will lock him up long term though seeing they don't lose anyone they don't want to. Harry Grant will probably be retained by the storm and Radradra would want too much coin
Yes we have to spend money (more then value). We're not going to get anyone without spending money. That includes decent players around the level of Koroisau and Ramien (unless no other club is looking at them, maybe bar 1-2 clubs). I believe offering 200-300k more then a club that is trying to retain a player is enough to get almost anyone in the game. You need to stop saying "THIS PLAYER isn't leaving" because money talks. It's obvious the club is trying to recruit players for value until November after that I believe they'll start to splash the cash on marquee players and young guns (as you don't want to splash the cash on 5-7 decent players). Harry Grant is a must unless we want JMK and Katoa for 2021 too. If Smith doesn't retire Storm will have to give Harry Grant a massive contract while he's playing reserves or off the bench.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes we have to spend money (more then value). We're not going to get anyone without spending money. That includes decent players around the level of Koroisau and Ramien (unless no other club is looking at them, maybe bar 1-2 clubs). I believe offering 200-300k more then a club that is trying to retain a player is enough to get almost anyone in the game. You need to stop saying "THIS PLAYER isn't leaving" because money talks. It's obvious the club is trying to recruit players for value until November after that I believe they'll start to splash the cash on marquee players and young guns (as you don't want to splash the cash on 5-7 decent players). Harry Grant is a must unless we want JMK and Katoa for 2021 too. If Smith doesn't retire Storm will have to give Harry Grant a massive contract while he's playing reserves or off the bench.
It isn't about money talking, if the rooters want to keep a player, they will. As for other targets you mentioned, they more than likely won't want to head here because they have better chances of winning a comp elsewhere

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It isn't about money talking, if the rooters want to keep a player, they will. As for other targets you mentioned, they more than likely won't want to head here because they have better chances of winning a comp elsewhere
Yes that's the case if they offer the same money.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just give up mate. You must have a Harry Grant poster on your wall

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Helped change our season, one crazy kamikaze, joins our hero's on the injury list, his passion rubbed off.