Official Jeremy Marshall king extends for 2 more years

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great stuff. Hopefully jmk can develop a cool style running game as he is very fast for a hooker (nrl.com once said he was faster than cook)

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His defence has impressed me a lot. For a small figure he knows how to wrap the ball. I think his running game has improved a lot as well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on him being a long term solution at hooker but he is a handy player to have in the squad and is improving his game.

Hopefully there will be a few more re-signings coming in the next few weeks.
I mentioned mid way through the 2018 season that he will become one of the comps best utilities.. I still think he could fill in anywhere on the park, even as a roaming forward. If he continues doing well as a rake he'll be a sure thing in the 17 for a long time.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some can't wait for new signings.
We must understand that players we keep are needed in the future as well. And JMK is one resigning just as good as a new one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Solid squad player but that's about it right now. Really shouldn't be a starting 9 but if he can improve as much as he did last year with this coming season then maybe he could be something more.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JMK does his best every week a great signing you don't need a whole team of over paid superstars - well done !

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m fine with this.
It’s not like there are any real superstar hookers available that we’re missing out on.
He improved shitloads last season and could be anything with another season or two under his belt. Damien Cook was playing reserve grade, 2 seasons before he played origin.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta hand it to JMK. He got dropped from the halves early on and in most cases players would have a sook and sit in reserves until they get the chance to jump ship. He’s worked on his game and improved massively. Still a way to go but these are the types of players you want in and around the club during hard times

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thuroughly deserved. You can see he has a great attitude and has learned a lot from Benji's experience as an NRL player.

I think he can really turn into a rep Hooker if he keeps sharpening his skills. We sometimes forget he's still only 23.
He has improved a lot this year.he showed improvement.defence was good and the 40/20 he kicked was awesome.hopefully he can get a few more in 2020.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can expect us to make massive signings, or even young players with potential who can't get a start elsewhere for next season when apparently we are finally getting to the end of this cap fiasco, plus the appeal of coming to the club isn't great atm.

I could be wrong, but I don't see any great prospects being recruited until at least 2021.

Or maybe with the likes of Renouf, Wakeham, Okunbor getting a taste of FG we could have a solid squad that will compete and could surprise us all next year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can expect us to make massive signings, or even young players with potential who can't get a start elsewhere for next season when apparently we are finally getting to the end of this cap fiasco, plus the appeal of coming to the club isn't great atm.

I could be wrong, but I don't see any great prospects being recruited until at least 2021.

Or maybe with the likes of Renouf, Wakeham, Okunbor getting a taste of FG we could have a solid squad that will compete and could surprise us all next year
I think we're going to be competitive next season. Hopefully a few of our young outside backs are pushing for selection during the year. We've hopefully gotten through the phase where the bulk of the squad are being overwhelmed by the pressure. From my seat on the couch it looked like our biggest losses were when we shot ourselves in the foot with repetitive errors. After some poor decisions by the refs we'd try playing too expansively to chase points and wind up leaking them due to errors. It took some time, but we looked like we fixed that up and played composed football.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy for dogs to resign jmk, glad we arent after mc culloch, but still think segyaro in 14 would be ideal.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thoroughly deserved new contract. One of the most improved layers in our squad this year, and he finally nailed down a position and made it his own. You have to give the kid credit for this!
He regularly made 40-50 tackles a game, with few misses, and as the season went on he became better and better at choosing when to run. He was also quite possibly the only Bulldogs player to kick a 40/20 this year??....
I would hope that Pay or Price have the sense to invite Jason Hetherington down during the offseason so that he can spend some time with his son and JMK and school them on the nuances of being a really good hooker.
I'm more then happy for JMK to be our starting hooker next year, and I think he will only get better after training at hooker all year.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Another one of the many players we’ve had over the years that has the odd good game and everyone gets excited and thinks they may have a future. Makeshift hooker at best...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Solid squad player but that's about it right now. Really shouldn't be a starting 9 but if he can improve as much as he did last year with this coming season then maybe he could be something more.
Sounds mysterious... :tearsofjoy:

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another one of the many players we’ve had over the years that has the odd good game and everyone gets excited and thinks they may have a future. Makeshift hooker at best...
Agree. Did we wait till we missed out on Korisau before resigning him. Assuming he didn’t have other good offers