One Hundred and Fifty Million Dollarydoos

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
*set aside $200,000 total to give to my family and $15,000 to friends
*buy a great property in the $15m range, perhaps the Darlinghurst penthouse floor up for auction next month
*buy a new Ferrari and Maserati
*buy a small-medium size $200k yacht for optimal usage in Sydney harbour
*buy a baron 58 aircraft and get pilots license ($750k)
*invest the remaining $130m+ in boring safe things ($100m), riskier things ($10m) and things that are going to go up with inflation ($20m)
*don't tell anybody, I don't want to end up like those lotto winners who got murdered by their financial advisor ffs

people don't understand that if you are going to live for 50 years then you need to be cool with that money, like if wahesh won the 1970 lotto jackpot of an incredible $23m

1970 wahesh does all those nice things for everybody and invests the remaining $4m to live off the rest of his life, so lets say in the late 80's he wants to buy the new Ferrari F40 he needs to eat into that $4m then again for a new yacht in the late 90's because his 1968 yacht is starting to look old

the year 2000 wahesh is now selling his properties for $8m and downsizing, a few years later his family and friends hate him because they have also experienced inflation and need more money but he has cut them off
You missed a few very important points...

• Invest a fair amount of money in properties, shares, and businesses so the money keeps coming in to fund these Charities continuously
  • Invest the rest to keep the money coming in for private purposes
Read ffs.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You missed a few very important points...

• Invest a fair amount of money in properties, shares, and businesses so the money keeps coming in to fund these Charities continuously
  • Invest the rest to keep the money coming in for private purposes
Read ffs.
I read your entire post and my analysis is correct, after 5 years the only thing that would need charity is you

all the unwanted attention you will generate is reason enough to not do those things, do you really want your family to be located right near a hanger full of cars, why not put $5,000,000 in cash in there while you are at it

Wahesh

Reaction score
I read your entire post and my analysis is correct, after 5 years the only thing that would need charity is you

all the unwanted attention you will generate is reason enough to not do those things, do you really want your family to be located right near a hanger full of cars, why not put $5,000,000 in cash in there while you are at it
I did not specify how much money would be spent on 2 x investments. If I invested let's just say $10,000,000, add the current interest rate to that, and that will go into the bank. Bang - $100,000 appears in my bank account overnight.

As for my family... what's wrong with having them next to a hanger full of cars? I can easily install a state of the art security system making it only possible for myself to enter, not to mention the herd of guard dogs I will have monitoring the place!

Wahesh

Reaction score

Also I don't know what you would do, but I don't think my family would rave on to the press about me giving them a few million dollars to set them up!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I did not specify how much money would be spent on 2 x investments. If I invested let's just say $10,000,000, add the current interest rate to that, and that will go into the bank. Bang - $100,000 appears in my bank account overnight.

As for my family... what's wrong with having them next to a hanger full of cars? I can easily install a state of the art security system making it only possible for myself to enter, not to mention the herd of guard dogs I will have monitoring the place!
$100,000 appears in your bank in a years time, that wont cover parking for 1 of your yachts

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That's only if I invest $10,000,000 though ;)
you wont have much left after looking after everybody, the good thing that will come from this is you didn't know you had such a big family and so many friends

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
When he won $31 million in in 1997, the first thing Billie Bob Harrell Jr. did was quit his job at Home Depot and take his family to Hawaii. He then gave a lot of money to charity, bought lavish gifts for his family and friends, and donated 480 turkeys to the poor (seriously). The downward spiral started when total strangers noticed what was going on and started harassing Harrell for donations, and then he and his wife separated. He ended up committing suicide only 20 months after he won the lottery.

Wahesh

Reaction score
you wont have much left after looking after everybody, the good thing that will come from this is you didn't know you had such a big family and so many friends
Nope, won't tell them. I have plenty of family who are well off. They won't see a cent. I will give them a certain amount, something decent, but nothing to live lavishly on. As for my family, they are family, they get more because they are apart of me - and this means immediate family - siblings and parents.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Jack Whittaker was already wealthy before he won $315 million in 2002. Things started to go badly with that extra wealth, though. Thieves robbed him of $545,000 that he left in his car, and that's not even where it gets really dark. His daughter and granddaughter died in drug-related deaths, and Whittaker ended up broke only four years after winning the money. "I think if you have something, there's always someone else that wants it," Whittaker said. "I wish I'd torn that ticket up."

Wahesh

Reaction score
When he won $31 million in in 1997, the first thing Billie Bob Harrell Jr. did was quit his job at Home Depot and take his family to Hawaii. He then gave a lot of money to charity, bought lavish gifts for his family and friends, and donated 480 turkeys to the poor (seriously). The downward spiral started when total strangers noticed what was going on and started harassing Harrell for donations, and then he and his wife separated. He ended up committing suicide only 20 months after he won the lottery.
I vigorously monitor my spending now. Do you really think I'll let go if I were to win a whole lot more of it? Come on dude... I check my bank account everyday.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I vigorously monitor my spending now. Do you really think I'll let go if I were to win a whole lot more of it? Come on dude... I check my bank account everyday.
yeah I think you will let go, like building a hanger for cars and private jets

don't worry its your money so do whatever you want but I recommend a lowkey situation because these horror stories get worse including cyanide poisoning by family, getting a hit taken out on you by your brother and living in a trailer with heavy debts

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Priorities people first thing I do is full the bathtub full of custard jump in and fart, see if my fart can break the custard, then buy a million eggs to throw at vegans

Wahesh

Reaction score
yeah I think you will let go, like building a hanger for cars and private jets

don't worry its your money so do whatever you want but I recommend a lowkey situation because these horror stories get worse including cyanide poisoning by family, getting a hit taken out on you by your brother and living in a trailer with heavy debts
Those people who end up like that have don't know how to budget. It's like celebrities... they earn so much money, don't know what to do with it, then end up bankrupt.

People who know how to budget won't face this problem. As I said, if you invest your money wisely, you can pretty much live of the return. If you receive $1,000,000 annually for instance, that's more than enough to do what you want, go travelling, see the world, keep yourself busy and still live like a king.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Those people who end up like that have don't know how to budget. It's like celebrities... they earn so much money, don't know what to do with it, then end up bankrupt.
yeah because they buy private jets and yachts ffs, you will be on that list

that dave Chappelle episode tells it best lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
10-20 million. I'd buy a smallish island somewhere nice, not too far from a destination where I could find tourists (because they aren't too busy to party). Stock island with a few boats and various other watersport toys. Live an almost permanent vacation there. Island would also have a few holiday houses for immediate family.

10 million. Set up a housing project for immediate family in an area that was affordable.

10 million. Help my immediate family set up businesses on the provision that if they go bust through mismanagement they're not getting more handouts.

20-30 million. Invest in a combination of renewable energy and sustainable living projects. Kind of my betterment of the world fund. Any profit would be funneled towards scholarship programs designed to help bring some regions a step away from poverty. Would involve supplying scholarships in exchange for a few years of work from the recipients. Hopefully it would continually give people who want to make the world a better place the opportunity and means to do so.

90 million. Hopefully just invest it wisely to provide continued fortune. I wouldn't need to live a luxurious lifestyle. If my investments gave me 100-200,000 a year to live and play on I'd be doing pretty well.

Wahesh

Reaction score
yeah because they buy private jets and yachts ffs, you will be on that list

that dave Chappelle episode tells it best lol

1 x jet, chopper and yacht will suffice.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1 x jet, chopper and yacht will suffice.
oh now you are changing the story, it was jet(s), a few yachts and your own personal hangers/airport/car collection

last time you wanted to make a big budget film lol