The Fitness Thread

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else get super bloated when eating a diet high in fibre? man I've been like I could give birth all this week.. been loading up on the chick peas, lentils, kidney beans etc :grimacing:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
trying to do a month without added sugar... longer if I can..... geez there isn't a lot outside of the produce section that one can buy... anybody got some suggestions on some easy recipes? I'm about two days in and already having withdrawals

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
trying to do a month without added sugar... longer if I can..... geez there isn't a lot outside of the produce section that one can buy... anybody got some suggestions on some easy recipes? I'm about two days in and already having withdrawals
Resurrecting this old thread.

I've been on the Keto diet (low sugar/low carb diet) for about 1 and 1/2 months now (rapid weight loss for my upcoming wedding)

So far I've lost about 10kgs and I feel a shit load better. But I wouldn't stay on the diet long term 'cause I miss pizza and burgers.

All that said, I'd suggest this YouTube cooking page for anyone going low sugar or low carb. The dude comes up with some insane recipes that work really well

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Resurrecting this old thread.

I've been on the Keto diet (low sugar/low carb diet) for about 1 and 1/2 months now (rapid weight loss for my upcoming wedding)

So far I've lost about 10kgs and I feel a shit load better. But I wouldn't stay on the diet long term 'cause I miss pizza and burgers.

All that said, I'd suggest this YouTube cooking page for anyone going low sugar or low carb. The dude comes up with some insane recipes that work really well

Intermittent fasting works best for me. I can eat what I want between certain times.

Fast from 8pm till 12pm(noon) 16 hours, most of it is sleeping time anyway. Eating window between 12pm and 8pm(8 hours).
Eat what you want

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting works best for me. I can eat what I want between certain times.

Fast from 8pm till 12pm(noon) 16 hours, most of it is sleeping time anyway. Eating window between 12pm and 8pm(8 hours).
Eat what you want
I have been doing a little bit of intermittent fasting in there too. Not really deliberately, I just don't like eating late and often don't have time for breakfast

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Eat what you want
I just shit a lot and don't put on weight tbh.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dr I went to told me to try the Joe Rogan Fasting Diet, haven't really looked into it to much yet. Anyone looked at this or doing it?
I've just decided to do more PT again, getting there 8kg down so far.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Na it's just my IBS kicking in most mornings after I wake up.
Wanna know something funny, wasn't going to say it, but I have the same thing.

I have IBS and minimum two dumps in the morning. If I have coffee then a third dump is required.

If I'm at a family/friends get together for a BBQ and I have nibblies before hand followed by lunch then dessert and alcohol, forget it, i'll need an ambulance to take me to the toilet lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Na it's just my IBS kicking in most mornings after I wake up.
I get IBS. Full symptoms. Shitting a lot, really bad indigestion, constantly feeling like I'm going to throw up. Oddly enough since I started the Keto diet I don't get the indigestion or throw up feelings any more. Still shit a lot though but when 75% of your calories are fat, it can get a bit messy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wanna know something funny, wasn't going to say it, but I have the same thing.

I have IBS and minimum two dumps in the morning. If I have coffee then a third dump is required.

If I'm at a family/friends get together for a BBQ and I have nibblies before hand followed by lunch then dessert and alcohol, forget it, i'll need an ambulance to take me to the toilet lol
Yh I don't drink alcohol/caffeine partly because of it and pretty much have to wake up extra early in the morning even though it takes me like 5 minutes to get everything else ready in the morning lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I get IBS. Full symptoms. Shitting a lot, really bad indigestion, constantly feeling like I'm going to throw up. Oddly enough since I started the Keto diet I don't get the indigestion or throw up feelings any more. Still shit a lot though but when 75% of your calories are fat, it can get a bit messy.
Probably carbs. I've been told to cut out carbs but fuck that lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably carbs. I've been told to cut out carbs but fuck that lol.
Yep. Honestly I lost a lot of weight, I no longer feel sick all the time, I feel 100% and I have so much energy. I'd trade that all for good burger and pizza.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. Honestly I lost a lot of weight, I no longer feel sick all the time, I feel 100% and I have so much energy. I'd trade that all for good burger and pizza.
Burgapalooza is this weekend, you could have lots of good burgers ;)

I'm like mid 60s right now and I've never really hit more than that. I really should start going to the gym and working on my body as that's probably the only way I'll ever put on weight....but I honestly cbf lol.