News Why Brisbane Broncos should bring Lachlan Lewis ‘home’ to Red Hill

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like Lewis, I'm just not sure where he plays, or if he should. No argument that he is a standout in the halfback position when it comes to defense, which is half the game, but attack needs work. Having said that, I've noticed improvements in his kicking game, and though he looks clumsy as, he earned those three try assists against Brisbane. Looking ackward and unconventional isn't necessarily a bad thing; Exhibit A: Steve Smith. Is Lewis' ackwardness going to work out for him? Dunno yet, although I laughed for about 5 minutes at his kick for Meaney to score. It looked so wrong, but worked so right, how do you defend against something so physically unexpected?

Also, suspect he has a good influence on the general demeanor of the team, seems to be glass half full kinda guy.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
remember when they were talking about los angeles lakers during the playoffs how annoying that was

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brisbane should have a stab at Foran.

Would be a perfect match

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are Bronco's telling porkies, or is it pokies...hmm lol

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would be a perfect match
Brisbane should be targeting Foran, Cody Walker, Croft and Sezer

It's going to be interesting to see where Oates and Fifita end up.

With the amount of money available in the cap and the need for a winger (Oates) the only clubs that spring to mind are the Bulldogs, Cowboys & possibly Titans

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brisbane 2020 and 2021 contracted players (from what i could dig up)

Bird $1,000,000.00
Boyd $800,000.00
Haas $500,000.00
Lodge $700,000.00
McCullough $500,000.00
Milford $1,000,000.00
Pangai $600,000.00
Ofahengaue $500,000.00

Comes to 5.6 mill for 8 players. The cap for next year is 9.8 mill and 9.9 mill for 2021. That means they have 4.2 mill for 22 players next year and 4.3 the year after.

On top of that they have re-signed Carrigan, Coates, Dearden, Gillett (on good coin but cant find his contract) Isaakko,

Bundle this all up, they have been cooking the cap just like the C$%^S at Bondi.

My Opinion, No-one should help Brisbane out by taking any of their signed players for 2020 or 2021. This means the 2 prized players from their squad are Fifita and Staggs will be gone and the struggles for Brisbane will continue for years to come. Least they deserve for screwing the cap.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Would be a perfect match
Probably would be a good match, but if he can stay heathy and manage his old body he will be super valueable to all our young halves. Ricky Stuarts influence around the club was awesome in the couple of years he played for us.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mmmm...reported that Darius has been tapped on the shoulder by coach Seibold.....two years left of a rich 800k per year deal...mmm Cody Walker been told he needs to perform better; Walker 5/8 ....Darius 5/8 ........could we see a scenario where Bennett and son are re-united??????

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmm...reported that Darius has been tapped on the shoulder by coach Seibold.....two years left of a rich 800k per year deal...mmm Cody Walker been told he needs to perform better; Walker 5/8 ....Darius 5/8 ........could we see a scenario where Bennett and son are re-united??????
I see broncos doing with Boyd a Inglis, he wil, retire and be on the clubs books as a ambassador. It's the new rort that the nrl will allow

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see broncos doing with Boyd a Inglis, he wil, retire and be on the clubs books as a ambassador. It's the new rort that the nrl will allow
It will be interesting to see if the NRL allow it if someone like the Tigers asks to retire someone. I bet the answer is different.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is the future of the bulldogs.l no matter what people say. Defensively impressive, a hard worker, a talker on the field and still heaps young. I was one of his biggest critics this year. I thought he looked garbage at times. But, I think he is a player to persist with. I see him developing his attack. Plus, what’s the point in developing a player at the dogs just to be sold to the broncos. I say back off to the broncos and say to the dogs to at least give him one more season before making calls on his future

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos have one of the best halves in Dearden coming through.. surely they won't fcuk that one p.

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could you imagine if they were dumb enough to do this lol
They probably are dumb enough if they think that the kid is their answer to their halves problem.
I like the kid but I don't think he's our answer either. Would love to keep him at the club until we work out what his real position is.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis ain’t the answer to any club’s woes

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They can have Lewis, we will take the pokie gang off thier hands: Haas, TPJ, Staggs, Fifita and Oates..