News Connelly Lemuelu signs with Cowbys

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
COWBOYS SNATCH BULLDOGS PROSPECT
The Cowboys have signed one of the Bulldogs' best up-and-comers in 21-year-old utility back Connelly Lemuelu.

Lemuelu has followed a similar path to Benji Marshall - he is a Kiwi who went to Benji's old school Keebra Park on the Gold Coast before joining the Tigers.

He then signed with the Bulldogs and looked a fine prospect in the Canterbury Cup this year.

Able to play five-eighth, centre and fullback, he could prove a bargain buy for the Cowboys.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...t-moylan/3d61bab5-dd22-4248-9ec4-cb052d919893

Vunivalu may be forced out of Storm, Moylan linked to Wests Tigers

Rival clubs are hovering around the Storm's Fijian flyer Suliasi Vunivalu - and the minor premiers may let him go for next season.

The Storm have salary cap problems for next season after upgrading and extending several players, most notably glamour boy Cameron Munster.

The club now has salary cap issues that need to be resolved before the 2020 kick-off, with offloading Vunivalu one scenario.

The Storm have lost promising utility Billy Walters to the Tigers and won't be re-signing former Warriors prop Albert Vete.

But both were on modest contracts and Storm officials know they need to offload a 'big fish' to be salary cap compliant.

Vunivalu has had his leanest season since bursting into the NRL with 23 tries in 2016. He matched that tally the following year, bagged 15 tries in 2018 but has managed just 10 this year and some errors have crept into his game.

But he remains a player capable of turning a match - as the interest from rival clubs shows.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take vunivalu. Size, speed and strength. Ultimate athlete.

Might not possess great skills as a football player, but in terms of athleticism not many would come close.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Might not possess great skills as a football player, but in terms of athleticism not many would come close.
How much could he even be worth? I don't see clubs having to break the bank to sign him ..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

He'll walk into any team.

If he does get release, then mark my words... the Cocks will get him and use Cooper Cronks departure as the salary cap space excuse :tonguewink:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vunivalu certainly needs a club change has gone flat there

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup take vunivalu indeed. Would be a good inclusion.. but as always just another pipe dream .. as for the cows taking our player!! I hope it’s not another one that leaves an becomes a huge talent for them. It’s happend once before.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Did anyone think much of this guy we lost? Don’t remember seeing any great comments about the guy...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But but but I thought we were meant to become a development club holding onto our brightest prospects..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the salary cap effects the top teams like Storm having to shed players and buy bargain deals.. meanwhile the Rorters keep their roster intact and sign the best players off contract and best young talent in the game..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
LOL We didn't develop him, he came from the Tigers over the summer LMFAO.

Secondly he is no big loss.
Exactly. The club can’t win. Sign or keep someone they are shit, release someone they are world beaters. It’s hilarious

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone think much of this guy we lost? Don’t remember seeing any great comments about the guy...
He would have been nice to keep but he certainly isn't someone that you would slit your wrists over losing.

He is a solid versatile player who had his moments in CCup but he isn't some emerging superstar.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Vunivalu lol. Do people just want us to sign anyone for the sake of it?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Wasn't this old news? Didn't we know this ages ago?

Doginator

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Journo must have found his notes from July, that’s how old this news is!