Other News Source Bulldogs land big outside back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said before that plenty of areas of his game are well suited to fullback, but ball playing is just so crucial to the role now and he lacks plenty in that regards. The difference between him and Hoppa sweeping around in a backline move is massive right now.
I understand marley. Anyone that has been watching the bloke for awhile knows this from his penrith days. Why he couldnt get the fullback spot there. All players have room for improvement and learning right through out there careers.
U mentioning its the thing dallin needs to work on.....which is 100% correct.
And people get there knickers in a knot.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah there's a reason he didn't get a sustained go in the 1 at the Panthers, really needs to focus on his ball playing in the off season.

If only we could put Hoppa's hands onto DWZ, we'd have a complete fullback.
Hell yeah. Now it will just take deano 2 more years how to use them both on the field to there best strenghs.
Which really should be sorted by round 1.
They have to switch on any attacking sets off the back of a penalty in opposition 40.
At least to dallin improves more with his hands. More points imo.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dallin will continue to improve his game and just turned 24 last month

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course
Unless you come thru at a club, playe
Of course
Unless you come thru at a club, players only leave for money
What a dumb comment
Players leave clubs for many reasons not just money. Oates wants to stay with Brisbane which he has stated often. Why would we go back to a player that has previously knocked us back with an offer to good to refuse, now that is dumb.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hell yeah. Now it will just take deano 2 more years how to use them both on the field to there best strenghs.
Which really should be sorted by round 1.
They have to switch on any attacking sets off the back of a penalty in opposition 40.
At least to dallin improves more with his hands. More points imo.
I wonder how it would work using Hoppa as a sweeping link from Center..?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take Dobbo's word over Sportingnews any day of the week

Broncos are in crisis. They have cap issues with overpaid duds in Boyd, Bird and Milford all contracted on big bucks. They also made the mistake of re-signing both of Lodge and TPJ.

For them, Oates will unfortunately pay the price and i wouldnt be surprised if they lose David Fifita who is off contract next year.

Boyd 800k
Milford 1m
Bird 1m
Lodge 700k
Haas 500k
TPG 600k
McCullogh 500k

They also need a 1,6,7 & 9 before re-signing Oates and Fifita
Any other club would be made to honour contracts just watch boyd “retire” etc

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a few outside backs I'd rather from the Broncos before Oates tbh.

Staggs
Isaako
Coates
Is isaako off contract? Would rather him them Later....he will be a gun in the future and would cost less than half the cost of Oates

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure why people or upset that we are targeting these sort of signings. ITS THE POSITION WE ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! other clubs are only really going to look to offload established players so they dont risk losing the young talent coming through. some people on here arent going to be satisfied unless we sign the full Australian test team...... Put it this way, if at the start of this year you were told that we were going to sign 2/3 of the following players for our backline for 2020 DWZ, Oates and BJ. I know me personally i would be stoked to get 2 of these players on our books. It makes us stronger to have genuine first graders in our squad for the next couple of years and if our junior development / recruitment starts coming through 2020/21 we will be a strong club again
target players like stagg and isaako...much cheaper and both will be guns

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wonder how it would work using Hoppa as a sweeping link from Center..?
Could work with DWZ fullback at all times except inside opp 20m swapping with Hoppa

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If there is no proof to verify this signing,the title should be changed from ‘LAND’ to ‘CHASE’
Dog 4 Life

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I understand marley. Anyone that has been watching the bloke for awhile knows this from his penrith days. Why he couldnt get the fullback spot there. All players have room for improvement and learning right through out there careers.
U mentioning its the thing dallin needs to work on.....which is 100% correct.
And people get there knickers in a knot.
He should fly up to Melbourne and do some work with Slater or even do some work with Matty Johns, any sort of improvement in that area would be massive for him and us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not sure why people or upset that we are targeting these sort of signings. ITS THE POSITION WE ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! other clubs are only really going to look to offload established players so they dont risk losing the young talent coming through. some people on here arent going to be satisfied unless we sign the full Australian test team...... Put it this way, if at the start of this year you were told that we were going to sign 2/3 of the following players for our backline for 2020 DWZ, Oates and BJ. I know me personally i would be stoked to get 2 of these players on our books. It makes us stronger to have genuine first graders in our squad for the next couple of years and if our junior development / recruitment starts coming through 2020/21 we will be a strong club again
Personally, Oates and Leilua are better then Noodle, Korisou and Ese'ese in my opinion. Yet people were ready to burn Belmore down when we didn't sign them, and now they are complaining that we have been linked to Oates and Leilua. Its laughable.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Personally, Oates and Leilua are better then Noodle, Korisou and Ese'ese in my opinion. Yet people were ready to burn Belmore down when we didn't sign them, and now they are complaining that we have been linked to Oates and Leilua. Its laughable.
Yh because we put 30 on the Broncos so now some people think everything's good lol. I'd personally only go after Joey because he's individually brilliant and has the ability to bring others into the game while playing in a position we're clearly lacking in. Oates on the other hand isn't at all required, we're reasonably solid on the wing for now and don't really need to make such a large investment there.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oates is a good, destructive winger who will end up in the back row in the not-too-distant future... neither of those positions are a priority IMO

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dallin will continue to improve his game and just turned 24 last month
I'm not even sure DWZ's had a pre season at Fullback. I'm pretty sure last 2 years Edwards was always going to be the Fullback going into the season. The only thing I see fans really saying negative about DWZ is his ball playing, as long as he improves in that area he's going to be a really good Fullback.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can keep on assuming we will sign this or that player,
The possibilities are many but most importantly is making sure we get the spine and the team balance right.
Fullback...We have DWZ and I believe the next super star Fullback in Meaney if he bulks up...covered
5/8...........We have Foran, Lewis, JMK and Hopa I believe would be a sensation there...covered
1/2...........We have Cogger and Wakeham, they next year to make a claim...???
Hooker.....We have no real hooker...After seeing some highlights Brittain should be our man !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.