Opinion Brodie Croft

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While i rate bellamy as the best coach in the nrl, i cant work out why the best 7 they have cant even make the side, i guess its to play phauzen at 1, but have 2 5/8,s who cant guide the side around.
They made the gf last year with him, imo is equal to ben hunt but at half the price.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny, almost groundhog day. Folks didn't want Moses or Brooks because they were shit defensive halfbacks - now they're 2 of the best attacking halves who make their tackles at a decent clip.

I'd say go for him if the price is right, be the first time we had two legitimate 7's in a while and the competition would be good for both of them.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because he isn't a robot and Bellamy demands pin point perfection. He was dropped for his defence. His attack is better than Hughes.
I'll be honest, have really watched him play much.

We he work with our style?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

He needs bodies in motion, hole runners and options out the back. So no, haha.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This will be a long offseason lol...!!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I could have anybody from the storm it’d be papenheuzen (I’m sure I’ve spelt that wrong)

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Our style works well with foran. Foz is better on the left ,where he played at manly. Croft is right side and can play the dce roll i believe( roll as in dominant half but hasn't got dce ability)

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Sounds like Cogger
Cogger can be a good work in progress. Croft is ahead of cogger at this stage . The game keeps changing, bringing a running game for a 7 and 9 back in. That's where we struggle in both positions.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm got it wrong I think... sure Brody ain't the greatest player, but Hughes is a better fullback than half, and the Raiders found out Ryan Papenhuyzen hard... now to the point of him coming to us... meh
I thought Papenhuyzen played well against Canberra. Agree about Hughes though, he doesn't seem that amazing as a number 7.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Papenhuyzen played well against Canberra. Agree about Hughes though, he doesn't seem that amazing as a number 7.
Yeah he did.. but I just thought he was exposed a few times in their own 20... Canberra just couldn't capitalise because the whole Storm unit is so good at covering

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was good but it’s a simply strategy he isn’t big. Easy to rag doll about if you can make sure a straight line gets him

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is a poor mans cooper Cronk clone....... boring and lame. Why is this even a thread? Dogs are building something special. Get ready dogs fans.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a poor mans cooper Cronk clone....... boring and lame. Why is this even a thread? Dogs are building something special. Get ready dogs fans.

I hope you know something I don’t and we have some major signings about to be announced!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score