Movie Discussion

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If you ever do write a good book that Hollywood want to adapt into a (presumably) average movie thanks to studio meddling and suits thinking they know better, money talks, and If they cut you a fat cheque, chances are you'll take the cash and run
George Lucas sold star wars for billions of dollars and now lives in regret.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Realist90 This thought came to me this morning after seeing a new ‘Charlie’s Angels’ movie is on its way.. With all this extreme PC culture in Hollywood at the moment..I wonder what would happen if it became ‘Charlize’s Angels’..with the roles reversed..that is three men instead of 3 women..and woman being Charlie instead of a man..
I wonder if it’d cause a problem..even though no one raised an eyebrow about Ghostbusters and Ocean 8 (Ghostbusters was nothing on the original) changing genders..
Lmfao did you hear about the black chick actress who had a meltdown realising the new ghostbusters is continuing in from the old ones?
To answer your question though, I mean men can’t even be in lead roles anymore of franchises created with male leads without backlash and trying to squeeze women in to take over like the new bond film. I love how people are like she’s not James bonddddd she’s 007. It’s the same shit, if it wasn’t related why not give her a different title of 009 or some bullshit to differentiate her from bond? I think it’s time to finally get a white black panther!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
George Lucas sold star wars for billions of dollars and now lives in regret.
Like he really needed the money.

He probably has regrets unrelating to his star wars fame. The guy is an average director/writer who lucked out with one of the biggest franchises in the history of cinema, with a concept at right place and right time

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Like he really needed the money.

He probably has regrets unrelating to his star wars fame. The guy is an average director/writer who lucked out with one of the biggest franchises in the history of cinema, with a concept at right place and right time
Lucas had a ghost writer who helped him write star wars anyway.

Ive stated before that I didn't rate his directing.
Empire strikes back was always my favourite.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lucas had a ghost writer who helped him write star wars anyway.

Ive stated before that I didn't rate his directing.
Empire strikes back was always my favourite.
I've seen the three original movies years ago and personally never got into them, but can understand the appeal for generations of people who consider it a pinnacle staple of their childhood/lives.

From my understanding, lucas had full creative control of episodes 1-3 and they were considered to be awful among the hard core fanatics. That's what seems to happen when he doesn't have a hand to guide and keep him in line

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen the three original movies years ago and personally never got into them, but can understand the appeal for generations of people who consider it a pinnacle staple of their childhood/lives.

From my understanding, lucas had full creative control of episodes 1-3 and they were considered to be awful among the hard core fanatics. That's what seems to happen when he doesn't have a hand to guide and keep him in line
He ruined it by trying to make it more appealing to little kids instead of sticking to the 70's and 80's formula.

Maybe if Jim Henson didn't die so young he could of helped guide him to make sure he kept star wars the way it was?

I know George Lucas did collaborate a fair bit with Jim to promote star wars on the muppets.

Thats how kids got into star wars back then.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao did you hear about the black chick actress who had a meltdown realising the new ghostbusters is continuing in from the old ones?
To answer your question though, I mean men can’t even be in lead roles anymore of franchises created with male leads without backlash and trying to squeeze women in to take over like the new bond film. I love how people are like she’s not James bonddddd she’s 007. It’s the same shit, if it wasn’t related why not give her a different title of 009 or some bullshit to differentiate her from bond? I think it’s time to finally get a white black panther!
I ain’t against women playing lead roles.. But i agree..name it something else..make it new! Lol..Tanned Panther!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
1988-1992 seen a lot of good movies released.
There was hardly any PC agenda back then. There was no oppression either!

Danny Glover did an awesome job as the main hero in predator 2.
Even had the predator running away from him at one stage.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1988-1992 seen a lot of good movies released.
There was hardly any PC agenda back then. There was no oppression either!

Danny Glover did an awesome job as the main hero in predator 2.
Even had the predator running away from him at one stage.
And it was before he got too old for that shit

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree man. I don't care about female leads when the movie is written for them, like Tomb Raider and Underworld for example. I hate it when they make a character that has an agenda driven purpose, for example the new Batwoman. That is pure trash just from the trailer.

Now, the next bit that grinds my gears, is this new wave of replace men with woman in movies that originally were made for male leads. We have seen how bad these types of movies have been, with the all female Ghostbusters as a prime example. What if Hollywood did Charlies Angels but replaced the women with men, would that be fine...I doubt it but it's ok to replace the males with females.

As with them having a female James Bond, that is just ridiculous. He, and I mean HE is an iconic character. No way can you just change it to a female, fuck this pc world. If they wanted to change up Bond a little bit I'd be all for them to get Idris Elba to play bond as a black man. That's only changing skin colour not gender plus I reckon he'd actually make a good James Bond, well more believable than a female one.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
James Bond should always remain a white Brit.

Main reason they killed 007 as man is because he is a massive womaniser.
A feminists worst nightmare!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
James Bond should always remain a white Brit.

Main reason they killed 007 as man is because he is a massive womaniser.
A feminists worst nightmare!
It's part of his character, he saves the world and gets the girl. Fuck the feminists "Oh he treats women like sex objects". Just look at how many chicks these days are selling their body online with OnlyFans and private Snapchat, not to mention the chicks on Instagram doing it for the likes. They are making easy money objectifying themselves, yet it's a guys fault for preceiving them that way.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree man. I don't care about female leads when the movie is written for them, like Tomb Raider and Underworld for example. I hate it when they make a character that has an agenda driven purpose, for example the new Batwoman. That is pure trash just from the trailer.

Now, the next bit that grinds my gears, is this new wave of replace men with woman in movies that originally were made for male leads. We have seen how bad these types of movies have been, with the all female Ghostbusters as a prime example. What if Hollywood did Charlies Angels but replaced the women with men, would that be fine...I doubt it but it's ok to replace the males with females.

As with them having a female James Bond, that is just ridiculous. He, and I mean HE is an iconic character. No way can you just change it to a female, fuck this pc world. If they wanted to change up Bond a little bit I'd be all for them to get Idris Elba to play bond as a black man. That's only changing skin colour not gender plus I reckon he'd actually make a good James Bond, well more believable than a female one.
Honestly I never cared about Ghostbusters all female remake 'cause it was a remake of a comedy. So it really didn't effect the overall story. But a female Bond is stupid. I'd accept it if it was a different storyline, but right now it just seems pointless.

This kind of thing shit me most with Doctor Who. I didn't care that it was a female doctor, but adding a disabled black man, an old widowed man, and a Pakistani Muslim Lesbian cop... That was just stretching it. There was about two interesting episodes in the whole series, the rest were focused on being as PC as possible.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just found out Robert Pattinson is the new batman, and I thought they couldn't make a worse choice than affleck.

How wrong was I

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just found out Robert Pattinson is the new batman, and I thought they couldn't make a worse choice than affleck.

How wrong was I
Yep, thanks for ruining Batman again Hollywood. Robert Pattinson will always be that Twilight *** to me, so I can't take him seriously as Batman.