WWOS MOLE Bulldogs sign Sione Katoa from Panthers

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IM FUCKING PISSED ....
We have just shown what a fucking weak club we are. First we lose the Koriosau to Penrith, then we take their worst hooker off the books for them. I would have preferred Levi or Lichaa over this fucker given how it makes us look. What happened to Billy Brittain?

We may have finished the season well, be we have a long way to go before we are back as a strong club with decisions like this...
Maybe he’s just a NSW Cup signing? Probably better than Marschke

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he can grubber kick out of dummy half than it’s a yes from me

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Please break it down for me.
Why is he shit?
From what I have seen he has a good passing game, holds ball with 2 hands, threatens the line and tackles well.
Only a couple of weeks ago when watching Penrith mainly to see egan play , I wished at that time that we went for this guy instead ,, he looks dangerous in attack and tackles well
Well he's a run of the mill hooker and not a threat, most panthers fans are happy he's leaving... if JMK is going to start how on earth is this guy going to provide any impact ? Someone like Havilli would have been better.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People on here clearly don't realise that we don't have the luxury of just getting whoever the fuck we want AT THE MOMENT, we couldn't even get Api ramien or ese, so right now we might have to resort to some cheap options with first grade experience

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fucking puss signing...
Brittain, Havilli, Levi, Lussick (super league) Grant would have been better than this dud who won't provide any impact from the bench

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t his brother play for us? If so makes sense why we brought him in. Most likely on the cheap.

But like others have said. It’s not really an upgrade of what we have. Doubt he will be our starting 9 next year so a bit of a strange signing. Fits into the nu brown category. Hope he proves a few of us wrong though

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Crap signing. Lichaa has better basics than this guy. If you sign guys just for depth for cc , than promote kids and give them plenty of experience in cc. Even at 80k he is useless. Just wait for Nov there will be a few players on the market.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crap signing. Lichaa has better basics than this guy. If you sign guys just for depth for cc , than promote kids and give them plenty of experience in cc. Even at 80k he is useless. Just wait for Nov there will be a few players on the market.
Yeah for 2021. We needed a Hooker for 2020.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To think that we are the club with probably the most money to spend (bar Roosters).. I mean yeah we will see what happens when he plays for us, but he has been less than average thus far
But the amount of money we have under the salary cap does not guarentee us signing great players..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need some depth at #9, I'm personally pleased Lichaa didn't wiggle his way back into another contract. Like all new signings we make I'll judge him on performance. If reputations made NRL careers Lichaa would be a regular starter in every rep team of the last 5 years.

Despite Katoa not being on everyone's wishlist he may do ok. At 24 and having played as a backup for a while. He's probably someone that knows that he's got to work hard to cement a spot. I don't necessarily expect a lot from him. But hopefully we are pleasantly surprised.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is a definite upgrade on Lichaa. All depends on how much he signed for

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But the amount of money we have under the salary cap does not guarentee us signing great players..

Of course, but we don't need to be purchasing players that we don't need either

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was hoping it was the Sharks Sione Katoa, but oh well.
He was progressing well until Cleary took over. Hopefully he rips in over preseason and develops into a solid 1st grader.