Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pretty sure Marley and I ( I certainly did) the idea of Hoppa at 6 so whilst I definitely agree but it’s not going to happen
Yes I'm still on the Hoppa to 5/8 hype train lol.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would prefer not to sign him and wait for someone else.

Personally, I think it's a crock of shit that we need to offload a senior player to afford him. Absolute rubbish!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People get so caught up on players and cap space when we really have no idea the amounts of either. All the numbers reported in media are guesses or bullshit figures fed from managers.

I'd take Leilua as he's a upgrade and it would be a wild ride if we get him he's the ultimate rocks or diamonds player.
So why sign a rocks or diamonds player who has a bad attitude, gets suspended often and has questionable at best fitness? Especially if it's on 500k plus? There's no way he'd leave for less than that.

We've waited four years to clear the cap space of the Desaster and now that we finally do we want to tie up a fair chunk of it on inconsistent, average players who are loose cannons like Napa and Leilua?

Especially when he's 27, unprofessional and completely set in his ways and will only get worse, not better. He's overweight enough as it is, I'd hate to see what he looks like in the second or third year of his deal when he's approaching 30. Leilua makes Josh Papalii look like CHN in terms of being overweight.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So why sign a rocks or diamonds player who has a bad attitude, gets suspended often and has questionable at best fitness? Especially if it's on 500k plus? There's no way he'd leave for less than that.

We've waited four years to clear the cap space of the Desaster and now that we finally do we want to tie up a fair chunk of it on inconsistent, average players who are loose cannons like Napa and Leilua?

Especially when he's 27, unprofessional and completely set in his ways and will only get worse, not better. He's overweight enough as it is, I'd hate to see what he looks like in the second or third year of his deal when he's approaching 30. Leilua makes Josh Papalii look like CHN in terms of being overweight.
He is a upgrade in a position we need upgrading in. Does he have faults yes but he can rip a game apart. You can have your Montoya’s who train hard, have a good attitude and are fit or you can have someone like BJ I know which one I’d have.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a decent centre, if that happens to be Leilua then I'd be happy with that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is a upgrade in a position we need upgrading in. Does he have faults yes but he can rip a game apart. You can have your Montoya’s who train hard, have a good attitude and are fit or you can have someone like BJ I know which one I’d have.
Of course he's better talent wise than what we have. But so is pretty much every other centre. And there are a lot more factors that come into play than talent.

Paying 500k or more to a meathead like BJ who is the one of the most ill disciplined and inconsistent players in the comp wouldn't be the answer to all of our problems at that position and just like Napa, the minute we potentially sign BJ, we'll be wondering when his contract runs out and shaking our heads about how much cap space he's taking up.

I'm flabbergasted so many people want us to sign him considering he's worn out his welcome at three other clubs and has always been a headache on and off the field. I must have been watching a different player to everyone else all of these years. Yes he can win you a game now and then, but he can lose you even more games with brain snaps and laziness.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say sign him up and let him play as tough and dirty as he likes.. we lack fear factor out wide.. Smackin McCrakin MK2

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely there are other options than this guy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guarantee that all of those who want us to sign Blow Job would be calling for his head the minute he headbutts, knees, eye gouges, spits on or elbows another player and gets sent off like he's done countless times in his career.

People were blowing up about what Reimis did against Parra and rightly so, well Leilua does that shit five times a game! Plus he's not even that good a player week in week out...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good thing it's from the telecrap, so chances of us signing blow-job actually happening are about as good as @Blue_boost posting an awesome thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course he's better talent wise than what we have. But so is pretty much every other centre. And there are a lot more factors that come into play than talent.

Paying 500k or more to a meathead like BJ who is the one of the most ill disciplined and inconsistent players in the comp wouldn't be the answer to all of our problems at that position and just like Napa, the minute we potentially sign BJ, we'll be wondering when his contract runs out and shaking our heads about how much cap space he's taking up.

I'm flabbergasted so many people want us to sign him considering he's worn out his welcome at three other clubs and has always been a headache on and off the field. I must have been watching a different player to everyone else all of these years. Yes he can win you a game now and then, but he can lose you even more games with brain snaps and laziness.
I don’t think he’s that inconsistent he is a genuine threat in attack and defensively he’s sound. I don’t think any opposition would be comfortable when he has the ball and that’s something we need. I’m actually surprised we are interested because he doesn’t seem the type of player that Pay goes for.

Looking at what we have for next year centre wise is pretty grim and signing Leilua for a couple of years makes sense. If we don’t get him I wouldn’t be that upset but he would be a good addition if we do. Names like Scott and Manu get thrown around like they are options for us but I can’t really see them coming to the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s that inconsistent he is a genuine threat in attack and defensively he’s sound. I don’t think any opposition would be comfortable when he has the ball and that’s something we need. I’m actually surprised we are interested because he doesn’t seem the type of player that Pay goes for.

Looking at what we have for next year centre wise is pretty grim and signing Leilua for a couple of years makes sense. If we don’t get him I wouldn’t be that upset but he would be a good addition if we do. Names like Scott and Manu get thrown around like they are options for us but I can’t really see them coming to the club.
He's a handful in attack but I can't stand him and think he's an average player overall considering his flaws. I feel if he came to a young team like ours he could become a distraction and a bad influence and we'd see the worst of him.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing a back 5 of.

1. Dwz
2. Okunbor
3. Hoppa
4. Leilua
5. Smith

All big strong and powerful. We certainly wouldn't have any trouble coming out of our own end.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a handful in attack but I can't stand him and think he's an average player overall considering his flaws. I feel if he came to a young team like ours he could become a distraction and a bad influence and we'd see the worst of him.
I just think his positives out weight the negatives and it’s in a position we are desperately trying to strengthen. All this talk is probably for nothing anyway as it’s more then likely another rumour that will amount to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.