What's your beef with mustang owners?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice that all mustang owners wear baseball caps to try look younger too. Hide the bald patch on their melon heads

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustang drivers think they are Gods gift.

I laugh, those aren't real mustangs.
Best mustang made was the 1966 model!
I do like the old mustangs but I would never drive one to yank for me I would feel like a wanka driving one.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to drive a falcon XE paid 3k had only done 20k km.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got no beef with anyone based on the car they drive. If they feel good about owning a Mustang more power to them. I'm able to travel just as quickly legally in a 4 cylinder vehicle and it probably costs me significantly less money to get where I'm going. Too many people get caught up in the things they own though. If you value yourself based on your possessions you've taken a wrong turn in life.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I do like the old mustangs but I would never drive one to yank for me I would feel like a wanka driving one.
The 1966-1969 models are the only ones and for falcons theres no denying the XA has it all over the monaro!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many people get caught up in the things they own though. If you value yourself based on your possessions you've taken a wrong turn in life.
It's pretty important mate. Unfortunately money does make the world go round. People with money live a far better life than people without

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's pretty important mate. Unfortunately money does make the world go round. People with money live a far better life than people without
I've seen homeless guys who seem happier than rich guys.

I guess it all comes down to what you judge as something that values you or not?

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I put Mustang drivers in the same pigeon hole as 370Z drivers. (no offence)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I drove a convertible mustang in Hawaii, it was really fun to drive. I get that owners would be proud of them. The only person I know with one is a super nice guy, and definitely not going around showing his car off, but I know he does park away from other cars at the shops etc just to try and protect it. Which I totally understand.

Personally I think they are a bit too expensive to justify buying, but that is just me and I am no rich man.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Notice that all mustang owners wear baseball caps to try look younger too. Hide the bald patch on their melon heads
Im trying to find a fitting meme that describes the person you're referring to.
No luck as of yet.

You ever seen a meme with a bald guy smoking a ciggie which reads?

Has a hole in his muffler
Thinks its a sports exhaust

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely dependent on the context. A guy I went to school with is paying off an expensive house, 2 nice cars and a boat worth almost $100k. He told me he's not working class because his networth is about 2 million dollars. But he's never got time off. He's the owner operator of a plumbing business that's actually pretty profitable because he's willing to work 7 days a week. But he's unhappy as hell. He's owned by the banks and his credit cards. He doesn't realise that it's a tower of cards supported tenuously by the fact that he works like a dog to keep it together. If he was sick for a month he'd lose a hell of a lot of what he thinks he owns.

Where it really does his head in is that he can't work out why women don't find him appealing for more than a week at a time with all his belongings. But it comes down to a point where his possessions really own him.

I have an inexpensive car, a kayak and I rent my house. Life is pretty chilled out for me compared to my friend. I've had opportunity to travel the world a bit, meet some interesting people and do some very interesting things. He's worked like a dog since leaving school. My networth isn't a lot. But I know how to enjoy the time I have. Nobody on their death bed ever said they wish they'd spent more time at work.

Banned
Reaction score
Only the Ford Mustang had the factory option of matching nail polish!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was outside this afternoon and my neighbour returned home in his mustang.

Someone was parked in his driveway and he lost his shit. Could hear him. I mean you can't just park a mustang out in the wilderness

I was gonna take my car out of the garage and let him park it in.

His visitors were running for cover, quickly moved their car for the mustang to go in the garage

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was outside this afternoon and my neighbour returned home in his mustang.

Someone was parked in his driveway and he lost his shit. Could hear him. I mean you can't just park a mustang out in the wilderness

I was gonna take my car out of the garage and let him park it in.

His visitors were running for cover, quickly moved their car for the mustang to go in the garage
He sounds as precious as his car.

PS I've noticed that they never race other V8's, it's like they know they have no chance. The only race non-turbo hatches and those faggy 86's AKA 2 door camry's.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sounds as precious as his car.

PS I've noticed that they never race other V8's, it's like they know they have no chance. The only race non-turbo hatches and those faggy 86's AKA 2 door camry's.
You make a great observation about the Toyota 86 / Subaru brz.

I took one for a spin as a courtesy car when my Aurion was in service. They have no power at all, my V6 Aurion would destroy it.

The Toyota 86 should be called corolla Sportivo. That is a true pretend sports car.

Also good observation about Mustangs not wanting to race other V8s but bully little 4 cylinders.

I took mustang for test drive, first gear was ok and there is a bit of theatre to it but as it hits 2nd gear there is a huge torque hole. Just slowly winds through the gear. Plus role acceleration isn't great. I think my WRX would embarrass them

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I seen a mustang driver racing a p plater 2 days ago and automatically thought if this topic.

I bet he was proud of himself beating a Toyota Corolla?

Banned
Reaction score
Wonder how the mustang owner that parked their car vertically up a telegraph pole, feels this morning, particularly since it was on the tv.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that ford mustang owners seem to think they are driving something really special?

It's like they think they have made it in life, they would think the mustang is better than anything else on the road.

I've noticed they park their car and when walking off look back a hundred times to admire their car, then they look around to make sure they have been seen.

I mean they are a nice car, but it's really a cheap rwd V8 coupe, that's it. their performance isn't much to brag about, 0-100 in low 5s is reasonable but pretty average in today's crop of performance cars.

A golf R does about the same speed
A Subaru WRX, ford focus st, even Hyundai i30N also.

It's a nice car the mustang but owners need to come back down to earth a bit, lose that silly swagger in their walk and just admit they have a decent but average man's car.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Absolutely, my mate is like that In his mustang... but then again so am I in my evo 9 an s15... but I must admit I have an ABOVE decent car :tongueclosed:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
For one to truly make in life you need to own a drive a vehicle with doors that open vertically!
Russ Hanneman describes.

Btw this is the first scene I watched that got me hooked on this show!
Skip to the last 20 seconds to see what I’m referring to

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like dags on a sheep's arse, they mustang.

Give me a GTHO Phase 3, with a 4V block and 4 bolt heads, 650 double pump carby, 4 speed top-loader and a Detroit locker diff. Not much will touch ya.