Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I watched that lords of chaos whilst cheesy no where near as bad as the dirt ,it was ok ,deads suicide was brutal

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Insomnium. Not a huge fan of their new tracks. Sounds like they have a new singer who is struggling. Could be the old singer with a worse voice

New Nailed to Obscurity album is out

New Bombus album coming out in November

Hellyeah also have a new track out but it's not worth sharing.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another new one From As I Lay Dying. Old school metalcore riffs aplenty!!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
FYI for those of us who can be fukked - there's an annual metal meet up next Saturday at the belvedere htl near utopia. Ive been to a couple of these and they're pretty chill and great crowd too.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here want a half price ticket to Bloodbath tonight? My stupid soccer team made the grand final so I'll be too shit faced to attend. I have a couple of mates still going who you could get the ticket off.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else at Devin Townsend last night? He sounded amazing, only bad thing was he rambled too much.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else at Devin Townsend last night? He sounded amazing, only bad thing was he rambled too much.
I’ve never been able to get into him hey. I’ve got mates who are obsessed but I’ve never clicked with him

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve never been able to get into him hey. I’ve got mates who are obsessed but I’ve never clicked with him
Fair enough. Something about him has clicked with me ever since I heard his stuff. I am sad I did not immediately click with SYL because I never got to see them live.

His voice is something else, especially live. He is really appreciative of his fans and gives everyone time if they bump into him etc. Really nice guy. But at his gig he spent like 45 mins in the second act doing QnA (after already doing 15 mins in the first act) which I thought was a bit too much even though it was funny.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was pretty much the same. I first heard of Devin Townsend when I heard Juular

Heard that track and I thought, "This is brilliant"

Then I checked out some of his other tracks and they were pretty crap. Then I listened to Z2 in full and loved it.

He's very hit and miss. Has some amazing work but also a lot of crap.

Still... that Juular track and film clip is amazing.